PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!!!

Matt30462
Thursday 12th May 2005, 21:36
:yikes: Booked Olive into the dealership today for her annual service,fix and tidy up. Took ages to tell the girl the list of things to do. here is a sample.

Tear out dashboard and fit new evaporator, re-gas aircon and re-fit dashboard. £689.00
10 year or 100,000 mile service (65k) £200.00
Trace fault in alarm/immobiliser as not been operable for 6 months £?
Supply Strut Brace £70 ish

Plus booked new P Zero for fitting tomorrow £110.00
MOT booked for Monday £?

Book Bodyshop to respray front spoiler as previous paint job had no plasticiser added so has flaked.

Book wheel refurb in original Anthracite (5 x £40 ish)

Purchase new pads and discs for upgrade.

Anyone spare some small change..........Wife, 2 kids, cat and T-5R to support.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 12th May 2005, 22:25
I'd certainly do without the aircon, and would steer clear of the dealer full stop. :B_steerin

siamblue
Friday 13th May 2005, 00:28
I'd certainly do without the aircon, and would steer clear of the dealer full stop. :B_steerin

As above, Phone Dave Pengelly and book it in with him, If he ain't too busy.

Gary

Kent Canary
Friday 13th May 2005, 08:22
Did you not try Eddie?

M44K TS
Friday 13th May 2005, 08:51
main dealers are way too expensive, if they dropped there prices, they would get so much more business

After_Shock
Friday 13th May 2005, 09:34
Problem with the dealers now especially on the newer cars you need all the computers that Volvo have to do anything to them along with the software, even changing the cd player on the new S40 it wont work unless you download new software onto the car telling it theirs a new cd player their!

Im sure all the computers to do this along with the software wont exactly be cheap to buy either so dealer servicing prices are bound to go up in the future!

M44K TS
Friday 13th May 2005, 15:27
a mate of mine who works for Team Turners, (done Beckhams £18k Hummer install) was saying with i think it was mazda's or alfa's that they were going to start intergrating the heating system controls with the sound sytem so that it will prevent people swapppinghead untis etc.

So i wonder how long it will be before everything is controled from one control unit like BMW's I Drive

Matt30462
Friday 13th May 2005, 17:41
I appreciate all the input guys but in answer to KC's question....yes I did ask at Wrights and they were more expensive for both the service and the Aircon. My local dealer has a "Family Card" that gives me certain benefits (of course they seldom out weigh the costs) but offers a free MOT if taken with a service, 1/2 price at other times, discounts, cheaper servicing and getting a stamp, nice little iside and outside valet and a little S40 to run-around in FOC.Oh and they let me off the cost of re-gassing and when they diagnosed the evaporator they never charged. All in all not bad. Plus they are Volvo techies so should know how to get a dashboard out and back in again properly, hopefully with no flappy bits coming awat at the edges.. Now if you don't know your local indie and the quality of his work an extra £200 or so is not that steep really.I was priced at £450 from a local but............does he know all the little clips and screws?

Vikingxl
Friday 13th May 2005, 17:47
Try www.nationalaircon.co.uk/ they may have a branch near you and they sorted mine (re gas and clean the system check for leaks reassemble while i waited) for about £90.00

After_Shock
Friday 13th May 2005, 17:49
The thing I dont get is why integrate it all, all its doing is preventing another market from functioning which the main car manufacturers have nothing to do with anyway!

Considering the likes of Ford and citroen and nearl all makes use big names like Sony, Pioneer Blaupunkt etc etc why stop them having a business with regards to aftermarket audio installs it doesnt make sense.

Ive heard of Turners, know a few people that have been round but none have had any joy with them! All said they dont seem interested in the mundane stuff and just want to do really expensive big installs, but thats not from me. Theirs a toyota previa or something in Hartlepool that has their stickers all over it, no idea whats inside though.

Kent Canary
Friday 13th May 2005, 17:50
I appreciate all the input guys but in answer to KC's question....yes I did ask at Wrights and they were more expensive for both the service and the Aircon.

That suprises me, but youve got to shop around as you say!

Hope it all gets fixed.