PDA

View Full Version : got a few questions

sauce
Tuesday 27th January 2009, 18:46
firstly if this is in the wrong place i apologise

car is a 1995 850 estate

1 how do i remove the back seats from the car? .got the sit on bit out need to remove the rest

2 how do i find out if i have self leveling or non self levelling suspension?

3 is there anyway to get into the boot lock from the inside to open the boot and then how easy is it to replace ?.its locked shut and wont open from inside or with the key (mate wants to break it!)

4 is it possible to stop the noise from the seatbelt warning and how do i do it?

thanks

t5 pete
Tuesday 27th January 2009, 18:53
1 on the rear seats you need to remove the side cusins they just pop off then remove the clip securing the backrest mounting to the wheel arch by pressing it in at the bottom with a screwdriver and lifting it up with a secone screwdriver.
2 have a look at the rear shocks the nivos (self leveling) are alot thicker that ordanry shocks.
3 unsure
4 plug your seat belt in the clicking will stop

BruceT
Tuesday 27th January 2009, 19:57
When you open the boot, where the catch is, to the right, in the carpet there is small peice of metal, you slide it one way or the other to enable the boot to be opened from the inside.

cameron
Tuesday 27th January 2009, 20:03
3. You could try removing the plastic from around the handle on the inside trim and that would give you access to the mechanism behind.

Just a thought

As for Shocks

Ordinary, with thin top
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/cameron793/ordinary.jpg

Nivomat, thicker top and rubber gator
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo159/cameron793/nivomats.jpg

Cheers

Lee

sauce
Friday 30th January 2009, 14:41
cheers sorted the boot .got harness thats why i need to stop the belt noise lol.

cheers for all the help guys!!!!

Enigma666
Friday 30th January 2009, 14:57
Well, the belt is connected to the 'clicker' which sounds...you could just get a scrap seat belt end and plug that in which then closes the circuit and shuts up the tickers....or just remove the plug from the harness and then it doesn't know what you are doing lol

cameron
Friday 30th January 2009, 16:59
Or maybe you could just use the seatbelts ;)

:rotfl:

Lee

p fandango
Saturday 31st January 2009, 18:13
is it possible to stop the noise from the seatbelt warning and how do i do it?
haven't got round to doing it myself yet, but according to the wiring diagram there should be a grey wire with black stripe going to the under seat plug, if you put this to an earth it should bypass the seatbelt buckle & fool it into thinking the seatbelt is always done up