PDA

View Full Version : Rwyb day @ york raceway

Pages : [1] 2

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 01:01
Right after a bit of a balls up on my behalf :sorry: Sorry Guys

It seems the general concencious is that we attend the RWYB DAY @ YORK RACEWAY on SAT 4th JULY 09.

This is the linky for them.......http://www.york-raceway.co.uk/aboutus.html

I'll get in touch with them tomorrow and see how we go about things.

Any info you guys need just ask, and i'll approach them on your behalf.

Add your name below if interested.

Cheers guys.

Lee

Wobbly Dave
Monday 26th January 2009, 10:09
I've dragged myself along to both Santa Pod and Shakespear Raceway, on many occasions. So as they say "A change is as good as a rest" and it would be fun to try a new venue. Assuming I am in the country I would love to come and give the girl a run out! (If you will have me?). Anything under 15 seconds - with my appalling talent and I'll be happy.

Does anyone own a decent video camera?

Enigma666
Monday 26th January 2009, 10:27
Assuming my C70 hasn't decided to let every bit of her break in quick succession I'm in for that :)

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 11:01
I've dragged myself along to both Santa Pod and Shakespear Raceway, on many occasions. So as they say "A change is as good as a rest" and it would be fun to try a new venue. Assuming I am in the country I would love to come and give the girl a run out! (If you will have me?). Anything under 15 seconds - with my appalling talent and I'll be happy.

Does anyone own a decent video camera?

Hi Dave,

Frogster on the VOC was at the RR Day on saturday, he was taking video of the meet and he will be selling DVD's.

So hopefully he will be coming along as well.

Cheers

Lee

The_Rapid_Tank
Monday 26th January 2009, 12:16
im deffo up for this bit far from me, but will be a good road trip long as my cars finished by then.

flyingbrick
Monday 26th January 2009, 12:44
Hi Lee.

Pencil me in for it mate.....

Mark......

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 13:58
Right ive started a provisional list below............This will of course be added onto...... ;)

1. Myself
2. Wobbly Dave
3. Enigma666
4. Rapid Tank
5. The Flying Brick
6. The Flying fridge mover
7. Yosser
8. Chad
9. Natht5
10. T5pete
11. Tomcat
12. Loadsamiles
13. 850twr
14. Straight5
15. s60fan ( Provisional )
16. T5 ROB
17. Pault5estate
18. Wegal
19. T4_Al
20. JDavis
21. Matty_T5R

I'll let you know what York Raceway say, they have a special phone number to call if we want to attend as a group :D

Cheers Guys

Lee

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 14:31
Ok then........

After a lengthy conversation with the organisers @ York Raceway i have the following info..........

If we went as a group ( we dont all have to show at the same time ) we get our own cordoned off area to showcase our cars. It doesnt matter if we go as 5 cars or 30 cars its the same.

We get a guarenteed 3 runs up the strip, but if we attend early and stay late we will get a lot more runs in. :B_thumb:

If we dont get the guarenteed 3 runs we get our money back.

As a group we get a 10% discount, so 1 car in every 10 goes free ( No fighting over the spaces please, names would be drawn out a hat if there was loads of us )

We get the print outs for 1/8th et, 1/8th mph, 1/4 et, 1/4 mph, 60ft, and reaction times. ( et = Exact Time )

York Raceway has 0-60 timing equipment integrated with the original TSI Drag Racing timing computer which provide accurate and precise 0-60 times along with the traditional drag times. In the right hand lane only !

We also get our own alloted time on the strip, we only race each other, not 600bhp porsches and the like.

We get to see every other event, all showcase areas and demo's.

Prices are £10 admission per person + £30 per car, so if you went with another person in your car it would be £50 ( £30 for the car and 2 x £10 )

Any more questions just ask

Cheers guys

Lee

Enigma666
Monday 26th January 2009, 14:50
You are officially the man Lee :)
Shame about the 600hp Porkas though, I wouldn't mind a little go at one of them (yeah right) lol

straight5
Monday 26th January 2009, 15:56
Count me in. Can't miss this, right on my doorstep. Let me know what you need from us and when.

straight5
Monday 26th January 2009, 15:59
Can we bring mates with non volvos? I know a Golf GTi and an Audi A3T that would be interested.

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 16:06
Eh leave that one with me.

I dont see why not.

Any objections lads ?

Cheers

Lee

Wobbly Dave
Monday 26th January 2009, 16:26
Count me in. Can't miss this, right on my doorstep. Let me know what you need from us and when.
You'll be invite us all round for the tea then? LOL

t5 pete
Monday 26th January 2009, 16:30
Yep im up for it and i know my mate with the cossy would be

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 17:23
:Copied from post on T5D5:

Fair point Mrs T !

After another lenghty call to Steve, Father of Father and son Duo Steve and Jason, He informed that we DO NOT need a Race licence.

He also informed that after the first 10 cars the " Organiser " that would be me, gets their car in for Free.

So the first free place is taken as of now. the next free place would be after we get car 22, then 33 if it gets that far. The descision would be by way of lucky dip system ( all names in a hat, first one out goes free )

I have emailed Steve with the info that he requested, i.e. that a large number of Volvo's will be attending on the Sat 4Th of July and that there will be 1 or maybe 2 more cars to get in for free depending on numbers.

Thanks Mrs T for the very relavent point.

The more info we have the better equipped we are on the day.

Cheers

Lee

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 17:49
Forgot to mention......

The quickest car down the strip from our group on the day gets presented with a Trophy supplied by York Raceway :D

Cheers

Lee

Loadsamiles
Monday 26th January 2009, 18:21
Blimey....

Didn't take long to get ourselves a "convoy"

Somewhat more impressive than the lame start to the RR thread.

I'm looking forwards to it already.

t5 pete
Monday 26th January 2009, 18:26
Blimey....

Too rite hopefully we can have a even bigger turn out and show everyone at york what there missing out on (flat cap, pipe, slippers etc) lol

nathT5
Monday 26th January 2009, 19:32
count me in lee and thanks again for hopefully sorting another awesome day out,
this idea sounds much better than the RWYB as we will have our own event on the programme.
i,m aiming to do every round of the 2NZ-modders meetings at york this year anyway.

i,ll get some practice in :haha:

t5 pete
Monday 26th January 2009, 19:55
Hi lee if theres anything i can do give me a shout and i will be happy to help also how about the idea of the deposit period of the 1st of my to the 1st of june this way if we let people know they can save up and we can get all the deposits

straight5
Monday 26th January 2009, 20:03
On the free places I reckon, quite rightly that Cameron claims that for doing all the work and having the initiative. Then how about everyone else pays and if there is any other cash left over due to free places we put it to a prize for the quickest. Or maybe to be fair to the various abilities of the cars, some kind of spirit of the day award.

Yosser
Monday 26th January 2009, 20:12
On the free places I reckon, quite rightly that Cameron claims that for doing all the work and having the initiative. Then how about everyone else pays and if there is any other cash left over due to free places we put it to a prize for the quickest. Or maybe to be fair to the various abilities of the cars, some kind of spirit of the day award.

Gets my vote :B_thumb:

s60fan
Monday 26th January 2009, 20:18
I'm interested. Need to do some sorting with days off form work. Count me in provisionally for now and hopefully I can sort the time off.

Simon

t5 pete
Monday 26th January 2009, 20:24
lee is the 4th july a deff date because if so it give pleanty of time for people to get the day off work

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 20:50
Yeah Pete the 4th is penciled in by the officials at York. Im in no hurry for deposits yet mate, end of May sounds good :B_thumb:

Say the admission per person £10 ?

Car money can be sorted on the day :D

If i need a hand pete i'll give you a shout.

I might go on a reccy nearer the time if you fancy a meet up boys? Nath and Pete + anybody else close by - Straight5 ?

Cheers Lads

Lee

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 20:57
S60fan added to the list matey ( provisionaly :B_thumb: )

Cheers

Lee

t5 pete
Monday 26th January 2009, 21:08
Yeah Pete the 4th is penciled in by the officials at York. Im in no hurry for deposits yet mate, end of May sounds good :B_thumb:

I might go on a reccy nearer the time if you fancy a meet up boys? Nath and Pete + anybody else close by - Straight5 ?

Cheers Lads

Lee

Hi lee whats a reccy and im always up 4 a meet

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 21:13
Reconnisance, go and have a look :B_thumb:

They have meets all year, so would be good to go and see what would be happening on the day.

Did you have a look at your car after the low bhp reading ?

Lee

Volvostorm
Monday 26th January 2009, 21:15
I'm up for this too :)

Any problems if my mates bring their cars along too (300ZX possibly the Fiesta)

t5 pete
Monday 26th January 2009, 21:17

They have meets all year, so would be good to go and see what would be happening on the day.

Did you have a look at your car after the low bhp reading ?

Lee

i was intending on cheacking the timing today but after plastering a wall at my dads i couldnt be bothered so just fitted the front splitter and poly bushed the lower tie bar

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 21:19
Not sure Paul, should we keep it just Volvo's or allow lesser cars to accompany us ?

Any ideas guys ?

We already have 15 with more to come hopefully.

Lee

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 21:19
What does the splitter look like pete ?

Get some piccys up bud :B_thumb:

Lee

Wobbly Dave
Monday 26th January 2009, 21:20
Blimey....

think theres a lot to be said for momentum, something that has been lacking on here for a while. I hope this is a resurgance

t5 pete
Monday 26th January 2009, 21:20
lee am i rite is it to do with planes??????

t5 pete
Monday 26th January 2009, 21:21
ive set a thread up on here it say cheers craig

Volvostorm
Monday 26th January 2009, 22:06
Not sure Paul, should we keep it just Volvo's or allow lesser cars to accompany us ?

Any ideas guys ?

Lee

I've mentioned it to Sean (300ZX) and he is interested, but at the moment he is on the case of his missing 100bhp! :P

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 22:12
lee am i rite is it to do with planes??????

Reconnaisance is what they used to do and probably still do in the forces to observe the enemy normaly known as "charlie" without them knowing about it :)

I'll have to use leymans terms next time pete :rotfl:

Lee

flyingbrick
Monday 26th January 2009, 22:12
I'm up for this too :)

Any problems if my mates bring their cars along too (300ZX possibly the Fiesta)

I want to race that fiesta....:sheep:LOL

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 22:13
Has anybody got any objections to NON VOLVO'S coming along ?

I dont as long as im not up against that 300zx with 538lb ft of torque :jaw:

Cheers

Lee

flyingbrick
Monday 26th January 2009, 22:14
:haha:

Cheers

Lee

Fiesta's..........

Loadsamiles
Monday 26th January 2009, 22:19

I dont as long as im not up against that 300zx with 538lb ft of torque :jaw:

Cheers

Lee

He can race the Fiesta.

We should welcome as many as possible......

cameron
Monday 26th January 2009, 22:31
I dont mind as long as its predominately Volvo's :)

We are after all booked in as the VPCUK ;)

This thread is also on T5D5 and the VOC so im hoping for another biggy, maybe even bigger than saturday, something like 40+ cars would be brill.

Lee

nathT5
Monday 26th January 2009, 22:40

Any ideas guys ?

Lee

sorry, but i think it should be volvos only IMHO.
if we are having our own slot in the event people expect to only see volvos.
and if the other days events are busy we might have limited places anyway.

anyone else could still run in the RWYB sessions.

nathT5
Monday 26th January 2009, 22:48

Lee

hopefully i should be racing there at the first meeting of the year on easter monday (april 13th)
i could do with some support and it will give you an idea of what goes on.

Volvostorm
Monday 26th January 2009, 22:53
I've just found a clip of the car we all fear the most!
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/theboydevon/rolling%20road%20day%2029th%20jan%2009/th_MOV00483.jpg (http://s508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/theboydevon/rolling%20road%20day%2029th%20jan%2009/?action=view&current=MOV00483.flv)
http://s508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/theboydevon/rolling%20road%20day%2029th%20jan%2009/?action=view&current=MOV00483.flv

flyingbrick
Monday 26th January 2009, 23:24
:icon_soap
I've just found a clip of the car we all fear the most!
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/theboydevon/rolling%20road%20day%2029th%20jan%2009/th_MOV00483.jpg (http://s508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/theboydevon/rolling%20road%20day%2029th%20jan%2009/?action=view&current=MOV00483.flv)
http://s508.photobucket.com/albums/s321/theboydevon/rolling%20road%20day%2029th%20jan%2009/?action=view&current=MOV00483.flv

Volvostorm
Monday 26th January 2009, 23:30
LOL, just admit your scared of its awesome power!!!

T5 ROB
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 10:55
Hi, I know i'm new but could you put my name down please, i'll definitely be there.

Cheers, Rob

cameron
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 10:59
Will do Rob :B_thumb:

Lee

cameron
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 11:18
Looks like its Volvo's Only!

Sorry paul :sorry:

Lee

straight5
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 12:23

Lee

Its a shame, but not a disaster. We could have maybe made sure the non volvos only raced each other, plus their money could have gone into the pot. Still I have a few mates who might be interested to book themselves anyway so there is no reason for the friends of the vpcuk members to miss out on the party.

On the matter of the actual racing, I have a few questions. Do we need crash helmets? I would also welcome a meet up there at a prior event. I am still new to volvo ownership and don't know whether everything is as it should be or not. For example a relevant point is I cant tell if the biting point on my clutch feels right when moving off. I would appreciate someone else with similar car who can tell me.

straight5
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 12:26

Cheers Lads

Lee

As per my previous post count me in, as I havent got to meet anyone yet. Let me know when you know.

yorkshire R
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 12:40
i think im away in ireland that weekend at a wedding but if not ill be there, will let you know we will have to meet up paul as were only 15 miles away from eachother!

cameron
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 14:17
York Raceway have Helmets we can borrow.

I have my own from when i had my motorbike :)

Kawasaki ZXR400, Pretty quick, but not as safe as id like to be.

Sticking to cars now :B_thumb:

Lee

Volvostorm
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 15:50

Lee

I ain't worried! :P

Hope you have put me down?

wegal
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 16:04
Lee, can you add me to the list, only Im not 100 % sure I can make the date at the moment, would love to come but depends a bit on wether I have my daughter that weekend or not.

nathT5
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 19:31
yes helmets can be hired but i,d rather have my own, mine only cost £45 from a bike shop.
as for testing, your better off trying it on the road somewhere.

the marshalls will tell you what to do but heres what happens,

be there early as there will be a hundred cars or more trying to get in.
on the way in someone will scrutineer your car, mainly checking for leaks and loose items.
you,ll be queued up in 2 (fire-up) lanes.
when "called up" to the lights theres a pad to either "burn-out" or try a launch.
then you pull up to the lights and watch the "christmas tree" like a hawk.
the white double lights on your side will light when you pull up to "pre-stage" and "stage."
at some places the lights count down but at york its just an amber light when both cars are "staged."
it goes amber then green but if you go on green your too slow.

its not complicated but you,ll be having a massive adrenilin rush, then its all over in 14 seconds (hopefully)

Loadsamiles
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 19:38
I'd recommend using an open faced helmet in a car equipped with drivers airbag.

The airbag hitting the chin of a full faced helmet can seriously damage your neck.

nathT5
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 19:40
i use a full-face as i dont fancy my glasses inbedding in my face.
also, theres something seriously wrong if you stuff a FWD on a 1/4 mile strip.

check out this site for some awesome york drag racing pics :D
http://richardsmith.fotopic.net/

cameron
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 20:01
What the hells in the Bugs to get the front end in the air like that :jaw:

MINT but no Volvo's :(

Nath i too have a full face helmet, im the same a you with the greory pecks ;)

Lee

nathT5
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 20:02
you really dont want to pull up next to these :shockedbi

cameron
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 20:05
I ain't worried! :P

Hope you have put me down?

Course i have you NUT !!!!!!!

I know you'd travel the length of the country for a meet :D

Lee

Wegal your added also matey :B_thumb:

cameron
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 20:06
I Reckon i could have that pug off the line Nath :hidesbehi

LOL

Lee

straight5
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 21:09
All credit to Nath, thats some really useful info.
Not sure i want to touch another man's helmet...hee hee.
Or have it full face...haha

In the unlikely event of a prang of some kind, what do people with road cars tend to do for their insurance. Do they tow it down the road and then claim they lost it there? Might have to tell my missus Im only going to spectate. hehe
She knows Im a maniac, even if I try to tell her its just going in a straight line.

If anyone wants to meet there for a looky looky at a Spring meet I may well be up for that. I only joined in December and have yet to meet anyone or see their cars: so I am looking forward to putting faces to names.

nathT5
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 22:09
In the unlikely event of a prang of some kind, what do people with road cars tend to do for their insurance. Do they tow it down the road and then claim they lost it there? Might have to tell my missus Im only going to spectate. hehe
She knows Im a maniac, even if I try to tell her its just going in a straight line.

thats right, no form of motorsport is covered by your insurance or AA/RAC membership.
if it brakes just get someone to tow you a few miles away and ring from there.
(just make sure you mop up the oil trail and chuck the pistons under the car) LOL
this sort of thing has gone on for years at the drags.
but ive never heard of people claiming on their insurance though, that would be fraud.

heres a couple of pics i took a few years back at donington.
i,m not sure how he,d have told his insurance his car was covered in pit-wall paint...

nathT5
Sunday 8th February 2009, 12:15
has this drag meet developed any further?
or shall we just talk to the organisers on easter monday when i should be racing there anyway?

cameron
Sunday 8th February 2009, 22:17
Hi nath im just waiting on the guys at York sending me some flyers and some other info.

I sent them an email telling them to expect 20 + Ovlovs on the 4th of july :B_thumb:

Cheers buddy

Lee

cameron
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 21:00
Still waiting on the info of the guys at York Raceway :(

Another phone call tomorrow me thinks :D

T4_Al
Thursday 26th February 2009, 22:34
Hi Lee, I now have a flying moose! ...not a Primera in sight so I shall be wanting to see what this crazy little 4-pot will do! Count me in :)

cameron
Thursday 26th February 2009, 22:37
Glad youve seen sense mate.

Ovlov all the way :B_thumb:

danny-R
Friday 27th February 2009, 10:52
well i suppose you better make room for me!!!!
still standard at the mo, but not for long!!
if any one's organising a north east area...ish meet then i'm definatley up for that also.
the only event i'v ever been to is usc at pod for 5 years running wouldn't mind a trip yo york :)

smithy
Friday 27th February 2009, 16:57
hello lads i will be there but please give me a 60ft chance im going to need it and i will drag sidney down aswell in his t5

cameron
Monday 2nd March 2009, 19:17
Right this is the provisional list below............This will of course be added onto...... ;)

1. Myself
2. Wobbly Dave
3. Enigma666
4. Rapid Tank
5. The Flying Brick
7. Yosser
8. Chad
9. Natht5
10. T5pete
11. Tomcat
12. Loadsamiles
13. 850twr
14. Straight5
16. T5 ROB
17. Pault5estate
18. Wegal
19. T4_Al
20. Smithy
21. danny-R

Below is a fee list also

Admission:
Free parking and free grandstand seating
Admission for 1-day events:
Adult: £10
Teen (13 to16 inclusive): £5
Accompanied children (12 and under): FREE
Admission for 2-day events:
Adult: £15
Teen (13 to16 inclusive): £7.50
Accompanied children (12 and under): FREE
Family ticket: 2 adult admissions, 2 accompanying teens go free
Track fees:
RWYB fees: £25 per day (2-day events are £40)
Race fees: £40 per day (2-day events are £60)
Camping:
Camping is available from 6pm on the previous day of an event
Adult: £5.00 (or free with PDRC Membership or competition license)
Teen: FREE
Children: FREE

And also a copy of the Email i received from York Raceway organisers it lists a few bits i didnt know :D

Club Day Events At York Raceway

We can certainly help out with a club day event. Our facilities are:-
Dedicated area for your group to camp and pit your vehicles.
Dedicated holding area prior to participants entering track.
Qualifying in your exclusive group.
Qualifying order posted after each group race - updating throughout the day.
Trophy for lowest ET in Club.
Public address publicity for Club.
No extra charge on standard admission charges for this service.
One Organiser per every 10 Club members pre entered are admitted free.
Hope this information has been helpful. Please contact me directly if you require further information.

t5 pete
Tuesday 3rd March 2009, 21:43
god the list has grown looking forward to it

jdavis
Tuesday 3rd March 2009, 23:17
put me down as a provisional, gotta convince the Mrs it is a good thing, somehow!
quite local to me too.

Matty_T5R
Wednesday 4th March 2009, 20:01
put me down for it please, i will be there.

cameron
Friday 10th April 2009, 17:57
Ok guys we have 20 allocated spaces, hopefully we will fill them all and it'll be another great day.

Get the names in and i'll be starting deposits @ the end of next month :D

nathT5
Saturday 11th April 2009, 10:11
well done lee, this will be a great day out again.
i,m hopefully going on monday to get some practice runs in :P

cameron
Saturday 11th April 2009, 10:32
Take some piccys and maybe even a short vid Nath :B_thumb:

Maybe get someone to take one of you thundering down the strip :D

JUDGENINJA
Monday 20th April 2009, 15:42
....I could be making an appearance.... not sure which car yet

nathT5
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 18:19
just found out today i cant go to this now and to put it blunt i,m ***kin gutted :mad:
its my nan and grandads 60th wedding anniversary and theres a secret party organised :o
i know where i,d rather be but i cant really get out of it (its more than my lifes worth) :mischievo
all the days in the year and these have to clash :confused:

***kin gutted :wallbash:

cameron
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 20:16
Unlucky Nath :(

Gutted for you mate.

rimmer100
Monday 27th April 2009, 23:13
can i come and play pleeeeease:bounce:

cameron
Monday 27th April 2009, 23:47
Course mate :D

Added to the provisional list :B_thumb:

cameron
Monday 27th April 2009, 23:49
Provisional list is as follows -:

............This will of course be added onto...... ;)

1. Myself
2. Wobbly Dave
3. Enigma666
4. Rapid Tank
5. The Flying Brick
7. Yosser
8. Chad
9. Natht5 ( 60th wedding anniversary :( )
10. T5pete
11. Tomcat
12. Loadsamiles
13. 850twr
14. Straight5
15. s60fan
16. T5 ROB
17. Pault5estate
18. Wegal
19. T4_Al
20. JDavis
21. Matty_T5R
22. Rimmer100
23. St5ve
24. Smithness

Going to start taking deposits soon maybe mid May.

Looks like its gonna be a cracker :D

Cheers guys

Lee

cameron
Sunday 10th May 2009, 13:05
If you are still interested in the RWYB Day @ York then im going to start taking deposits now :D

Either £10 by recorded delivery or £10.65 by Paypal to bigjock1977@yahoo.co.uk ( so i dont incurr any charges ;) )

My address to mail your deposits to is Lee Cameron, 51 Glebe Street, Chadderton, Oldham, Greater Manchester, OL9 8HY.

Cheers guys and hopefully we'll have as good a turn out as the Awesone RR day :B_thumb:

P.S. Tell me when you post or paypal the deposits please :D

WOODY T5
Sunday 10th May 2009, 17:14
im up for it cheers

cameron
Sunday 10th May 2009, 17:37
Added to the list matey :)

Just get the deposits in now :B_thumb:

Lee

cameron
Sunday 10th May 2009, 17:37
DEPOSITS RECIEVED

1. Myself
2. T5pete
3. Yosser
4. T5 Rob
5. JudgeNinja
6. Randomguy

RPM
Sunday 10th May 2009, 22:26
might come along to spectate and offer support........

cameron
Sunday 10th May 2009, 23:02
The more the merrier my friend ;)

T5 ROB
Monday 11th May 2009, 12:15
Hi Mate, Deposit sent through PayPal.

Cheers, Rob

cameron
Monday 11th May 2009, 14:16
Cheers Rob :D

Added to the Deposits received list :B_thumb:

Post 89 ;)

t5 pete
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 19:40
Are we all going to meet up just before york race way say half a hour before the opening time or we could organise a convoy of some sort

cameron
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 23:05
Not sure matey :D

We'll see if anyone else comes up with any other ideas.

smithy
Thursday 14th May 2009, 22:37
hello mate i will get my deposit off to you asap not been on the site for a while now i have your address i will get postall order off to you .thats if im still allowed with my so slow 940 saloon ,i dont think i will need a helmit proberly wont get above 50 mph in a quater mile anyhow but its worth the embarressment to do it and its always worth a laugh lol

robertbarryz250
Friday 15th May 2009, 00:09
seen as my volvo has just recovered from a double engine bypass and passed the mot il b there also ..rob

cameron
Friday 15th May 2009, 09:06
Hey Smithy :D

Helmets are a must if running the strip im afraid. They can be loaned of the organisers :B_thumb:

Even if you have a slow car, i know its a bit of a ball ache but rules is rules ;)

I'll add your name to the deposits received list when it arrives, Cheers bud

Lee

smithy
Monday 18th May 2009, 02:40
Hey Smithy :D

Helmets are a must if running the strip im afraid. They can be loaned of the organisers :B_thumb:

Even if you have a slow car, i know its a bit of a ball ache but rules is rules ;)

I'll add your name to the deposits received list when it arrives, Cheers bud

Lee
sorry mate it was my crappy sense of humour or lack of it ,i know that i have to wear a helmet and i have one,we'll have to see how it goes it may be a little quicker than i thought.lol

cameron
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 14:06
Come on guys we need these deposits in within the next 3 weeks.

York Raceway need to know mid June exactly how many cars to expect, they have put 20 spaces aside but obviously if there wont be that many then they can give the room to someone else ;)

So...........

DEPOSITS RECIEVED

1. Myself
2. T5pete
3. Yosser
4. T5 Rob
5. JudgeNinja
6. Wobbly Dave
7. Randomguy ( late addition :D )
8. Smithy

This was the list a wee bit ago :B_thumb:

1. Myself :D
2. Wobbly Dave :D
3. Enigma666
4. Rapid Tank
5. The Flying Brick
7. Yosser :D
8. Chad
9. Natht5
10. T5pete :D
11. Tomcat
12. Loadsamiles
13. 850twr
14. Straight5
16. T5 ROB :D
17. Pault5estate
18. Wegal
19. T4_Al
20. JDavis
21. Matty_T5R
22. JudgeNinja :D
23. Randomguy :D
24. Smithy :D

So still a few to come in yet :(

cameron
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 22:46
Anybody ?

Come on guys times cant be that hard :confused:

After all the hard work with the awesome meet, in more ways than one it would be great for us to have a meet at a BIG event.

A good show of Volvo's would be brill and hopefully some decent times down the strip as well :B_thumb:

Tomcat
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 22:47
Soz Lee but with my current situation it's not looking likely that I'll be coming, if I do however it'll just be to spectate.

cameron
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 22:48
No worries Craig, you could even take my free place if it helps you out :D

Then again it looks like my employment is looking a bit unstable at the moment :(

The proper boss has come back from Pakistan and its not looking too good :mad111:

Tomcat
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 23:25
Oh that's grim Lee, hope they don't give you the shove mate, you waited long enough to get this job.

cameron
Sunday 24th May 2009, 19:02
I know mate :mad111:

He's being a d*ck with me, and wont let me change my days even when my Mrs has to go to the ozzy :(

smithy
Monday 25th May 2009, 10:56
hello mate sorry to here about your employment status hope it improves i will be sending my 10 pounds postel order to you tomorrow so you should have it by thursday i hope this is ok

cameron
Monday 25th May 2009, 13:38
Cheers Smithy

Im not too worried about the job really it was just a stop gap till i found something full time :D

Once i do find something full time i'll be oota there :rice:

I'll be there with bells on matey, no danger in that.

I'll keep a look out form the posty :B_thumb:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 25th May 2009, 13:55
My deposit has been sent via Paypal

cameron
Monday 25th May 2009, 14:30
Cheers dave :D

List has been rectified to show deposit received :B_thumb:

smithy
Friday 29th May 2009, 23:48
Cheers dave :D

List has been rectified to show deposit received :B_thumb:

mine deposit has been sent today message when you recieve it please so i know you got it thanks

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 30th May 2009, 00:04
just spoken to Randomguy who's coming with me. He mentioned that he also might like to run (Nissan Primera) if there is spaces left..

smithy
Saturday 30th May 2009, 20:40
just spoken to Randomguy who's coming with me. He mentioned that he also might like to run (Nissan Primera) if there is spaces left..
i will try and get my bro to bring his primera p11 gt to race also let them go head to head

JUDGENINJA
Monday 1st June 2009, 01:49
i will try and get my bro to bring his primera p11 gt to race also let them go head to head

Excellent... It'll be a fair fight then...

Wobbly Dave
Monday 1st June 2009, 13:27
Hey Wayne - seeing you and RandomGuy will be just like old times. My talent still doesnt increase with age.

August 2005 - I remember it well

http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/images/Bruntingthorpe_Aug05/C70_left_with_Judge.jpg

And for those that don't know that was my black C70 "Felicity" - a few months before I binned her into a field.

JUDGENINJA
Monday 1st June 2009, 19:35
aaahh those were the good old days..... My talent isn't any better either!!

One small change I'll probably be in my T4... The 850 is nowhere near ready.

Randomguy's confirmed he'd like to come, but his login has stopped working. Need to chexk with the greatman Justin to see if the issue is with the site or just him..

Hey Wayne - seeing you and RandomGuy will be just like old times. My talent still doesnt increase with age.

August 2005 - I remember it well

http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/images/Bruntingthorpe_Aug05/C70_left_with_Judge.jpg

And for those that don't know that was my black C70 "Felicity" - a few months before I binned her into a field.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 1st June 2009, 20:28
aaahh those were the good old days..... My talent isn't any better either!!

One small change I'll probably be in my T4... The 850 is nowhere near ready.

Randomguy's confirmed he'd like to come, but his login has stopped working. Need to chexk with the greatman Justin to see if the issue is with the site or just him..
I believe that Justin is away in sunny Spain at this time. Maybe the Mopster can advise.

I dont think I have seen RandomGuy since our rendez-vous in some Yorkshire car park and even that is going back a bit.

JUDGENINJA
Monday 1st June 2009, 20:53
No worries, it can wait.... it's not as if he posts here that much. He is more of a reader than poster.

Randomguy's Deposit has been paid.... add one extra to the list

Mrsmopp
Monday 1st June 2009, 21:06
I just checked and cant see any reason why he cant get in!! Judge you haven't even told us you have bought a T4 how rude!! lol

JUDGENINJA
Monday 1st June 2009, 21:11
I know, I never have a camera to hand to take some decent pics.... You'll just have to venture out to a meet soon and I'll show it to you..... (that car that is)

Mrsmopp
Monday 1st June 2009, 21:15
I know, I never have a camera to hand to take some decent pics.... You'll just have to venture out to a meet soon and I'll show it to you..... (that car that is)

:shockedbi phew I'm glad you finished that sentence I have a weak heart you know lol!

Ha wont you get a shock if I do venture out!!!!

cameron
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 14:10
DEPOSITS RECIEVED

1. Myself
2. T5pete
3. Yosser
4. T5 Rob
5. JudgeNinja
6. Wobbly Dave
7. Randomguy ( late addition )
8. Smithy
9. Chad
10. Rimmer100 ( late addition )
11. Mystery name with no details ( let me know who you are ) CJB ;)

This was the list a wee bit ago

3. Enigma666
4. Rapid Tank
5. The Flying Brick
8. Chad :D
9. Natht5
11. Tomcat
12. Loadsamiles
13. 850twr
14. Straight5 Work Commitments :(
17. Pault5estate
18. Wegal
19. T4_Al
20. JDavis
21. Matty_T5R
25. Rimmer100 :D

So still a few to come in yet :(

Deposits need to be in by the 20th of June please

This is 2 weeks before the event as this is when York need to know the numbers that are attending.

So come on guys get those deposits in please

smithy
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 21:56
come on guys and girls if i can get a deposit in and i have 6 kids and 2 exs and a headace then im sure somemore could do it lol

cameron
Friday 5th June 2009, 14:26
Bumpity Bump :D

Anybody ?

Yosser
Friday 5th June 2009, 16:13
I'm making the trip down from Edinburgh for the day, so no 'too far for me' excuses either please! ;)

cameron
Friday 5th June 2009, 16:13
Well said matey :D

Chad
Friday 5th June 2009, 17:40
deposit sent.........

cameron
Friday 5th June 2009, 18:04
Cheers Chad :D

Be good to see you and your lovely car again :B_thumb:

Chad
Friday 5th June 2009, 19:20
Cheers Chad :D

Be good to see you and your lovely car again :B_thumb:

should be good.........as my car is running alot healthier....

back at the manchester rr day, my downpipe was loose from turbo end, and my turbo was bit ££££ed.....which i was bit annoyed with......but still got an ok figure.

had a few more tweaks since, including fully refurbed and balanced turbo, me7 manifold, both ported by Mr Tim Williams. And the downpipe is as tight as ever.

the whistle always brings a smile to my face........:B_steerin

rimmer100
Friday 5th June 2009, 23:33
hey up Lee, deposit just sent via paypal.

Cheers

Mark

After_Shock
Saturday 6th June 2009, 08:29
Just spotted the thread, will see if can get the day off work on Monday and hopefully come along!

straight5
Saturday 6th June 2009, 08:35
Hi Cameron,
Really sorry to pull out, but work commitments now prevent me getting there. Im pretty gutted, especially as its on my doorstep. Really very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

850 t5 vs 600cc
Saturday 6th June 2009, 08:40
come on guys and girls if i can get a deposit in and i have 6 kids and 2 exs and a headace then im sure somemore could do it lol

""I'm making the trip down from Edinburgh for the day, so no 'too far for me' excuses either please! ""

I know i know but when i don't have a job and a car which has just failed the MOT and a clutch that would rather not be abused too much then having to drive home, only about 300 mile round trip. There's too many things to cover with £60 a week. If i put some Volvo 850 stickers on my Triumph 600tt then i could use that as a replacement for my T5. At least i would have more chance to win the fastest time as the bike manual does state that the 1/4 mile is 11.2 seconds. ;)

cameron
Saturday 6th June 2009, 13:32
Cheers Mark

List rectified :B_thumb:

Who is C J Brown?

cameron
Saturday 6th June 2009, 20:39
Anybody :confused:

11 deposits in now.

DEPOSITS RECIEVED

1. Myself
2. T5pete
3. Yosser
4. T5 Rob
5. JudgeNinja
6. Wobbly Dave
8. Smithy
9. Chad
11. Enigma666

3. Enigma666 :D
4. Rapid Tank
5. The Flying Brick
9. Natht5
11. Tomcat
12. Loadsamiles
13. 850twr
14. Straight5 :( Work Commitments
17. Pault5estate
18. Wegal
19. T4_Al
20. JDavis
21. Matty_T5R
26. Jamest5r
27 Gayle

Come on guys still a few to come yet.

Straight5 No worries matey ;)

Just dont want to let York down, they have set aside 20 spaces for us and it would be rude of us not too fill them :B_thumb:

2 weeks for deposits and 4 weeks till the big day.

Really cant wait to see what the old bus can do.

smithy
Saturday 6th June 2009, 23:52
should be good.........as my car is running alot healthier....

back at the manchester rr day, my downpipe was loose from turbo end, and my turbo was bit ££££ed.....which i was bit annoyed with......but still got an ok figure.

had a few more tweaks since, including fully refurbed and balanced turbo, me7 manifold, both ported by Mr Tim Williams. And the downpipe is as tight as ever.

hello chad i dont know if you remember me i was at james house when you bought the pipes round for his t5r i will see you at york in my slow 940 i hope you give me a head start on the strip ,i heard your car when you left james house and now im shacking and so will my car lol.

cameron
Sunday 7th June 2009, 00:16

Hee Hee i know exactly what you mean about the whistle mate, mine is pretty loud as well and always makes me grin :)

Chad
Sunday 7th June 2009, 10:58
hello chad i dont know if you remember me i was at james house when you bought the pipes round for his t5r i will see you at york in my slow 940 i hope you give me a head start on the strip ,i heard your car when you left james house and now im shacking and so will my car lol.

lol............

cameron
Tuesday 9th June 2009, 20:45
come on guys !

Jamest5r
Thursday 11th June 2009, 20:04
Hello mate, could you add myself james and the mrs Gayle, she has her own 855 t5 rica 304 so she will be racing i will get your address off smithy or pm me and the p/o will be sent straight away cheers james. oh and if i lose too the mrs im not going hear the last of it for a very long time!!!!!!!! and another thing smithys 940 is running a t35 hybrid garret turbo, enim v16 cam, custom intercooler and rad, 3 inch turbo back exhaust with 100 cell race cat, ive seen this car being built. so when he says it going to be slow!!! we will see smithy!!

cameron
Thursday 11th June 2009, 21:45
Hi James, you and your good lady are added to the list, i'll send you a pm with my address and paypal address :D

Jamest5r
Friday 12th June 2009, 18:18
Hello mate, didnt get a chance to get into a post office(hard to find when you have to park a 44t artic!) will do first thing in morning after ive been to hlm for my 304 so you will have monday morning, hope thats ok cheers

cameron
Friday 12th June 2009, 18:33
James no problem matey :D

Enjoy the 304 its awesome ;)

Jamest5r
Friday 12th June 2009, 18:40
I know mate i had it in my other 855 but the mrs has had that for the last 4 yrs, wouln't give me it back to me so had to buy another (t5r) now she wants to race(shes got borded off thrashing every boy racer in birmingham) so only fair i get mine done!!! well thats my excuse for spending some money!!

cameron
Friday 12th June 2009, 23:18
Lol :D

smithy
Saturday 13th June 2009, 15:13
Hello mate, didnt get a chance to get into a post office(hard to find when you have to park a 44t artic!) will do first thing in morning after ive been to hlm for my 304 so you will have monday morning, hope thats ok cheers
my car might have them mods but it still only has 135 bhp at flywheel so please can i have a 60ft headstart because a 21 sec quater is will be nothing to shout about lol

cameron
Saturday 13th June 2009, 15:25
No head starts mate sorry :D

rimmer100
Saturday 13th June 2009, 16:06
No head starts mate sorry :D
Could i have an head start pleeeease, never tried to do th 1/4 mile in a geartronic
anybody got any tips :rice: leave in auto.... or press the gears myself.... decisions descisions

Jamest5r
Saturday 13th June 2009, 19:22
Hi cameron, deposits sent so you should have mon/tues let me know cheers. car now rica'd pulling 1.2 bar on peak and constant at 1 bar, happy man!! cant wait for the strip.

cameron
Sunday 14th June 2009, 13:15
Rimmer with your 540bhp you could outrun anybody ;)

I still say you should have got that printout :D

T5frankie
Sunday 14th June 2009, 13:21
I always see york raceway but what about us southerners and have a RWYB at santa pod?

Jamest5r
Sunday 14th June 2009, 17:25
Mate ,four of us are driving from the midlands its only half hour more for you, others from scotland, distance no object, pay your deposit and join us

cameron
Monday 15th June 2009, 16:11
Well said, your my new recruit as of now, that means i have 2 :D

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 11:56
I always see york raceway but what about us southerners and have a RWYB at santa pod?
Tis something we have done many times.

http://www.bigredvolvos.co.uk/galleries/run_wot_you_brung_galleries_idx.htm

Aah yes the good old days - LOL

cameron
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 12:07
James received your deposits today buddy :B_thumb:

Look forward to meeting you there.

Lee

cameron
Tuesday 16th June 2009, 12:17
13 deposits in now.

DEPOSITS RECIEVED

1. Myself
2. T5pete
3. Yosser
4. T5 Rob
5. JudgeNinja
6. Wobbly Dave
8. Smithy
9. Chad
11. Enigma666
12. Jamest5r
13. Gayle

3. Enigma666 :D
4. Rapid Tank
5. The Flying Brick
9. Natht5
11. Tomcat
12. Loadsamiles
13. 850twr
14. Straight5 Work Commitments
17. Pault5estate
18. Wegal
19. T4_Al
20. JDavis
21. Matty_T5R
26. Jamest5r :D
27. Gayle :D

On a low note however York Raceway have just sent me an email informing me that they will have to reduce our pit places to 16 rather than 20 :(

Yes i said Pits, we are in the pit straight, also known as Midway apparently.

I didnt even know that till now.

So 3 pit places left everybody, first come first served

Jamest5r
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 00:27
Cheers Lee, royal mail came good!, told the mrs were are in the pit lane which means she has to wear them tight shorts and bra top, i think my black eyes and dead arm,will be ok in three weeks!!!!!!!

cameron
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 10:49
LOL James ;)

Shorts and bra top sounds good to me ;)

SSSHHHHH Dont tell Gayle :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

T5frankie
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 11:00
how many are going and how do i pay?

cameron
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 12:02
So far there are 13 deposits and there is 16 spaces altogether.

Theres a few lads fom the Midlands coming iirc, maybe all you boys could meet up on the way up :confused:

Paypal £10.65 to bigjock1977@yahoo.co.uk or PM me for my home address to send £10 cash or PO ( postal order )

Cheers

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 16:49
Yes we need women pit crew in tight shorts and bra top lol

Jamest5r
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 19:20
Hi t5 pete, message from my mrs, shes there to race if you would like to be first in line your defeat to a woman will be on utube for the world to see!!!!!!!!!! lol, oh and see has a spare bra top for you, cheers.

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 19:25
lol i look forward to my bra top and the t5 is ready to win

Jamest5r
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 19:38
ok then thats me you and chad on her list god hope its not me thats going to lose!!!!!!! never hear the last of it lol

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 19:41
lol what mods has your wifes t5 got (better to be safe than sorry lol)

Jamest5r
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 19:53
Shes got a 94 855 rica 304 k&n filter origional reverse i/c in auto,only just over 100k on the clock and it runs sweet, was mine four years ago, been practising her starts all week and to be honest shes to bloody good for my liking lol, whats in yours can tell most by the pick but any internals changed?

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:05
Yeah myne is running around 400 whp so should be fun.

LOL i wish its just got the 304 rip kit s/s exhaust and a few other bits but i doubt we will be able to do the auto unless our set off and gear changes are spot on

Jamest5r
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:10
lol i had a wobble then!!!!!! you better start practising then im ok mines and auto!!

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:14
god how many autos are going your all gunna spoil the fun lol

smithy
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:19
with all these fast t5s how am i going to cope with only 135 bhp tank mmmmm

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:31
with all these fast t5s how am i going to cope with only 135 bhp tank mmmmm

LOL you havent got the element of supprise any more it might look like a tank on the out side but not on the inside

Enigma666
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:34
Yeah myne is running around 400 whp so should be fun.

I'll bring my Garrett and strap that bad boy onto yours...should give you the edge ;)

smithy
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:36
LOL you havent got the element of supprise any more it might look like a tank on the out side but not on the inside
135bhp will not be a suprise and its a 940 saloon and the turbo is only running 4 psi

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:38
ok we will see on the day lol

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:39
I'll bring my Garrett and strap that bad boy onto yours...should give you the edge ;)

I might take you up on your offer you going to sell?????

smithy
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:40
ok we will see on the day lol

yes lets see if the 940s can live up to there name slow and barge like lol

Jamest5r
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:48
4 psi smithy!! im sure i have to pick up up mbc + extras from the p/o because i missed the delivery this morning i bet your not going to be turning the boost down on the t35 hybrid garrett!!

Enigma666
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:51
I might take you up on your offer you going to sell?????

Thinking of it actually....I'll bring it along for you to give it a once over :)

(if I am gonna do it...may as well break the 400hp mark lol)

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:56
Thinking of it actually....I'll bring it along for you to give it a once over :)

(if I am gonna do it...may as well break the 400hp mark lol)

Yes please as im doing the conversion i might aswell go for the propper stuff lol

Enigma666
Wednesday 17th June 2009, 20:57
Yes please as im doing the conversion i might aswell go for the propper stuff lol

No worries :D

cameron
Thursday 18th June 2009, 21:49
Come on guys 3 places left i need to confirm everything on Saturday.

Jamest5r
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:03
I agree come on people, if lee has lost his job and can still be bothered to put this all together the least we can do is fill the spaces

cameron
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:05
It gives me something too look forward to really ;)

Out of interest what route are all you midlands boys going up to York, M1, A1m :confused:

t5 pete
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:12
Are we having a meet up or convoy

Jamest5r
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:17
as a trucker this is my language, m6,m42,m1,m18,a1m,m62 j37? havent checked exact jct to exit but up for a meet top off a1m/m62 4 of us me mrs smithy chad

cameron
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:18
im thinking maybe a meet up pete, it looks like all the suvvners will be coming up the M1 and we join the m1 after the M62 at JCT 29. Are there any services around that way maybe :confused:

It would have to be early though i wanna be there about 8 - 8:30am.

t5 pete
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:19
ill meet you on the a1 do you know the junction for doncaster as i can join there

t5 pete
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:20
im thinking maybe a meet up pete, it looks like all the suvvners will be coming up the M1 and we join the m1 after the M62 at JCT 29. Are there any services around that way maybe :confused:

http://www.theaa.com/route-planner/index.jsp?database=B

Im deff up for a meet and it doesnt bother me what time im looking forward to it

Enigma666
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:23

I'd be up for that, I'll be at J28 anyways for the night (well not literally lol)

cameron
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:33
Pete im thinking of going m62 then joining the M1 ;)

If i come through Wombwell its an exta 25 miles and 45 minutes.

Cant really afford the extra petrol :(

Does anybody know of any services around Jct 28 M62 or Jct 42 or 43 on the M1 ?

t5 pete
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:35
I just need to know where the meet up will be and ill be there i havent got a clue where j28 m62 is help please

Jamest5r
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:39
t5pete, best for you straight up a19 to m62 jct 34 were getting on m62 at jct 33 off at 34 best to find first layby up on a19, dont know about times thats 2hrs from us and i cant see the mrs getting up THAT early!!

t5 pete
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:41
lol i know im gunna get lost do we have a post code for the york race way

cameron
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:44
YO42 4SS

AA Route finders telling me Jct 37 of M62 :confused:

t5 pete
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:49
Cheers lee ill leave it to the tom tom

Jamest5r
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:49
sod that jct 37 will add 15m to your journey off at 34 straight up the a19 trust me im a trucker!! sorry just checked thought it was in york but no where near j37 is right

t5 pete
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:50
oh and chris dont forget the turbo lol

cameron
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:53
Eh me too matey ;)

Think i'll be leaving mine about 6am to be there for about 8 at gates open :D

t5 pete
Thursday 18th June 2009, 22:54
just had a look on google and that also says j37 god knows its a 54 mile run from myne what is it from urs lee

cameron
Thursday 18th June 2009, 23:33
Eh 83 miles Pete :(

cameron
Friday 19th June 2009, 13:38
15 deposits in now. :B_thumb:

DEPOSITS RECIEVED

1. Myself
2. T5pete
3. Yosser
4. T5 Rob
5. JudgeNinja
6. Wobbly Dave
8. Smithy
9. Chad
11. Enigma666
12. Jamest5r
13. Gayle
14. St5ve
15. Dooby

Only 1 place left now people !

STV5E AND DOOBY DEPOSITS RECIEVED TODAY :D

GaryH
Friday 19th June 2009, 14:20
Well done for organising this,and good luck to all who attend...it's a great venue and promises to be a fantastic event!

I'd love to be able to join you but we're already committed to another car show on that day (our local town gala),so hopefully there'll be another opportunity to test my V70 on the drag strip in the future.

Have a great day guys,and remember to take plenty of pics!

All the best,

Gary.

cameron
Friday 19th June 2009, 16:43
Cheers Gary :D

Shame you couldnt attend, im hoping there will be someone there with a decent digi camera that will take loads of piccys.

My mobile has a 5mp camera its not too bad but it has limited memory :(

On a bit of a bad note, when i started to arrange this event the organisers said that 1 in every 11 get a free place. I took this to mean the entry fee and the RWYB fee, eh no its just the entry to the venue :(

So im gonna have to find another £30 or i'll just be a spectator, after all my efforts i aint spectating, ye get me! :mad:

Jamest5r
Friday 19th June 2009, 20:13
i'll put a couple of quid in a pot for you, if everyone else does your sorted! i understand life without work mate, plus without your effort this meet woulnt of happened,also i got a digi camrea and camcorder but no good with computers!

smithy
Friday 19th June 2009, 20:49
i'll put a couple of quid in a pot for you, if everyone else does your sorted! i understand life without work mate, plus without your effort this meet woulnt of happened,also i got a digi camrea and camcorder but no good with computers!

im up for putting a couple of quid in the pot too no probs

cameron
Friday 19th June 2009, 21:56
Guys cheers for the offer but i dont want people thinking im a charity case ;)

Jamest5r
Friday 19th June 2009, 22:03
Guys cheers for the offer but i dont want people thinking im a charity case ;)

Mate, did not mean that in any bad way at all, but for all the time, effort, cost of phone bills xtra a couple of quid commission is ok.

cameron
Friday 19th June 2009, 22:13
No ofence taken matey, if you guys want to help me out then fair play thats your choice.

But I will be doing everything in my power to make sure i dont have to accept your money ;)

Besides im pissed at the guys at York, they didnt explain it too me clearly enough, they said for every 10 paying members running that there would be 1 free person ( the 11th person ) but they meant the gate fee not the RWYB fee :mad:

Jamest5r
Friday 19th June 2009, 22:21
Concidering your bringing in about 600 quids worth of business i would of thought the same as you

cameron
Friday 19th June 2009, 22:25
Exactly dude !

Its just not tennis, ye get me! LOL

Ah well, its like they say, there aint such a thing as a free meal ticket ;)

Jamest5r
Friday 19th June 2009, 22:28
Exactly dude !

Its just not tennis, ye get me! LOL

Ah well, its like they say, there aint such a thing as a free meal ticket ;)

unless your an MP!!!!! lol were all in the wrong game

t5 pete
Sunday 21st June 2009, 20:32
Wel just found my fone on internet and woundered if this works av only had fone 3yrs lol

JelT5
Sunday 21st June 2009, 21:06
I'd love to be coming along to this RWYB but can't this time :(
Maybe next year!

You've done a great job organising it Cameron, well done mate.

:beer:

cameron
Sunday 21st June 2009, 21:48
Thanks buddy :D

Well looking forward to it now, less than 2 weeks :thewave:

Jamest5r
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 21:22
Please volvo gods let the weather be as good on the 4th as this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cameron
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 21:38
I'll 2nd that one buddy :D

What time is everyone going to be there roughly?

Gates open at 8am, registration from 9, and strip opens at 10 :B_thumb:

I'll be there for just after 8 me thinks, get registered nice and early, get a good vantage point.

Just so everybody knows, all those that have paid deposits will have to pay the entry fee ( gate fee ;) ) Then when you meet up with me i'll give you your deposit back to go pay for the RWYB fee :B_thumb:

Im really hoping for good weather, and should be a good turn out, im hoping a few will be there just to spectate as well, we shall see.

10 more sleeps, come on already ! :D

Jamest5r
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 21:50
Mate we have a two hr drive so hope to be there by 11 got to sort the dogs etc as were away for the whole day, what time would our first go be on strip?

Yosser
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 21:56
Will aim to be there for 8.

Do we have to tell them we're with VPCUK/the Volvo lot/whatever?

cameron
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 22:37
First go on the strip :confused: EH PASS

Yosser, yeah let them know your with the club :B_thumb:

We have our own area in Midway, which are the rwyb pits :D

Dont have any ideas about the pits being, state of the art mechanics heaven, i dont think so. :doh:

TBH im not really sure what to expect, im there for the meet and the strip, the pits whatever they may turn out to be is a bonus :B_thumb:

P.S. - Dont forget the quickest time down the strip from our lot gets a trophy :D

Jamest5r
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 22:55
The pits are just a shorter drive to the start line i think nothing else!! on another note can we bring a barbie, food and couple of beers? weather permitting just a thought going to be a long day hopefully

cameron
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 22:56
Brill idea James, careful on the tinnies though ;)

cameron
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:08
Right guys :sorry:

Postcode update, it is YO41 4AU

This linky has a nice illustrated Layout of the Elvington Strip, hope it works :D

http://www.totb.co.uk/venue/

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:10
top speed run aswell, that'd be cool to do

cameron
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:12
Are you taking BT ?

p fandango
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:15
Are you taking BT ?
i would do but she's still a long way off being finshed yet mate, got to get a new windscreen & MOT before she can come back on the road

cameron
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:19
Ah thats a shame :(

1.25m for the top speed run :D

Should be good fun :B_thumb:

Jamest5r
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:24
Drive an hgv mate never do that, only one weak carling with a barbie sets it off!!! just a phase of speech, anyway better tell the mrs food for 15 then!!(im a dead man!!!)

cameron
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:28
Maybe everybody could contribute if someone can bring a barbie :confused:

I know what you mean about the tinnies mate, im the same ;)

PETE where have you been man :doh:

Did you get the new postcode, few posts up, its taken 13 miles off my journey :B_thumb:

t5 pete
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:32
Pete whos pete im dave ill get lost not matter what post code i punch in lol ill bring some meat for the barbie or we all can chip in which ever works best

Jamest5r
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:33
Can do barbie, charcol etc and "some" food, if no one else comes in they can have crap burger van food!!, no skin off our noses!!

t5 pete
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:38
Right then we have till this saturday for people who wants to put in for the bbq.
James do you want us to give you some money on the day or should we just bring our own meat?

cameron
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:50
Take your own would probably be easier for James ;)

That way he wouldnt have to bring half a dead cow in the back of his car :B_thumb:

Jamest5r
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:52
I'll sort the barbe and a couple of sacks of charcol then everybody can organise their own meat etc seems the easiest way. edit: typed before lees quick reply

st5ve
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:55
I am driving up from Cornwall, anyone else going up from down west?
My T5 has engine problems so may have to take the R

cameron
Tuesday 23rd June 2009, 23:59
CORNWALL !!!!!!

Bloody hell steve, thats some drive dude :yikes:

Whats that about 400 miles or so :confused:

Bring the R, Bring the R, the white one :B_thumb:

Tomcat
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 00:11
I am driving up from Cornwall, anyone else going up from down west?
My T5 has engine problems so may have to take the R

Bloody hell, talk about being dedicated to the cause, way to go that man.....

st5ve
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 00:13
CORNWALL !!!!!!

Bloody hell steve, thats some drive dude :yikes:

Whats that about 400 miles or so :confused:

Bring the R, Bring the R, the white one :B_thumb:

Yep it is a long way!!!
I did not want to bring the R as it only has a stage 1 remap and fairly slow compared to the T5, the T5 piston oil seals have gone so its smoking like a good un, still goes very well but it will have you coughing your lungs up lol.

st5ve
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 00:18
Bloody hell, talk about being dedicated to the cause, way to go that man.....

I will have to stop at travelodge or something, do I get a trophy for the furthest distance travelled :-)

I will be taken the 854 R cameron its fairly slow so wont be breaking any records!

cameron
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 00:30
Excellent ive wanted to see a white R since i seen your old avatar :D

Plus i was looking for an R front for my old t5, so will be good to see what its like in the metal :B_thumb:

Yosser
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 08:50
Right guys :sorry:

Postcode update, it is YO41 4AU

This linky has a nice illustrated Layout of the Elvington Strip, hope it works :D

http://www.totb.co.uk/venue/

Are you sure about this?

I thought it was at York Raceway, not Elvington :confused:

cameron
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 09:54
Yosser your right buddy :sorry:

I had some guy talk me into the fact that Elvington and York Raceway were one in the same :doh:

York Raceway is situated on the old Melbourne Airfield, near Melbourne, Seaton Ross and Pocklington, south west of York. It's signed from the north and south, from junction 37 off the M62. If you want to use www.streetmap.co.uk or www.multimap.co.uk to find the track, it's within the land of Melrose Farm, the postcode is YO42 4SS

Sorry for the confusion, i had a bit of a blonde moment :D

Barbie is still a go though, until we see what the weather forecast is the night before ;)

Tomcat
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 10:13
How many's actualy coming then Lee?, and what time are you setting off?.

cameron
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 10:19
Well Craig there are 15 deposits been paid, but im pretty sure that there are a few more, maybe another 5 or 6 coming to watch :D

I'm setting off from mine about 6:30am, to hopefully be there just after 8:00am.

Tomcat
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 10:25
Hmmmmm very very tempted now, how much is it to get in(just to watch)...

cameron
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 10:31
£10 per person just to watch matey :B_thumb:

Tomcat
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 10:42
Who's running Lee?..

cameron
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 10:55
Running list, not necessarily in order........

1. Myself
2. T5pete
3. Yosser
4. T5 Rob
5. JudgeNinja
6. Wobbly Dave
8. Smithy
9. Chad
11. Enigma666
12. Jamest5r
13. Gayle
14. St5ve
15. Dooby

Jaseb77
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 21:03
I take it if we are just coming to watch we will be cast into the the normal car park with the great unwashed, and not able to park up next to the "running" cars ?

cameron
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 22:10
Im not too sure tbh.

I think the cars that are running get a different area from those that arent.

Im assuming you would be herded into the public car park.

Tomcat
Wednesday 24th June 2009, 23:46
Well that's a bit grim for a club that's attending isn't it?.

cameron
Thursday 25th June 2009, 11:00
Id imagine that there are limited spaces in the runners area Craig ;)

From looking at piccies on google it seems a pretty compact place so anybody attending wouldnt be that far away anyway, plus whats to stop people just walking about anyway :D

I really hope its a good day and there's a good turn out, you coming Craig ?

Remember guys if the weathers good James is taking a BBQ so take your burgers or whatever, or you'll be eating skanky burger van food.