PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelt I got doesnt fit!!

Axl
Saturday 24th January 2009, 21:03
I got one from a breakers, went to fit it today and its the wrong one!!, mine (96' P) has a metal cable coming from slim metal canister that says "warning do not remove or fit into another vehicle"

I did something with the ratchet part that the seatbelt wraps round and it wound itself back in.....but now wont come back out!

I did a search to try and find out if there's any way to find out if the ratchets jammed ect....but theres nothing.

Do I need a new one as in brand new, as I'll need to take the one from the breakers back.

Jimmie
Saturday 24th January 2009, 21:10
You should not have let it go backin fully,now put it in the bin

polredt5
Saturday 24th January 2009, 21:18
i have a 96 p plate,thats for spares.i will whip seatbelt of on monday and you can have it for postage price.Cheers Paul..

gazbak1
Saturday 24th January 2009, 21:52
i know some seat belts have tilt mechanisms?

so have to be at the right angle to come back out.

gazbak1

Axl
Saturday 24th January 2009, 22:32
You should not have let it go backin fully,now put it in the bin

We dont all know everything :rolleyes:

i have a 96 p plate,thats for spares.i will whip seatbelt of on monday and you can have it for postage price.Cheers Paul..

Pm'd you

i know some seat belts have tilt mechanisms?

so have to be at the right angle to come back out.

gazbak1

Tried that, didnt work

Axl
Sunday 25th January 2009, 18:17
I guess no one else knows, its just the red connector on the side of the thin metal tube that I'm wary about, as I cant find out anywhere here or elsewhere how it come off. I dont want to take it off without knowing inacse I do damage to something.