PDA

View Full Version : Fitting USA Spec iPod adapter to 850

Boxzoo
Saturday 24th January 2009, 14:50
Got my iPod adapter ready to fit in the R (thanks Pete). Having no skills in this area whatsoever, be grateful for advice from anyone who's done it before.

1) There's a yellow and red cable. Presumably they can go in the big block thing that sticks in the back of the head unit? Got the drawing to show which hole, but how do they fit in?

2) Where do you put the box of the unit? Saw a pic on here in another thread where the box seemed to be in the CD changer area in the boot. That's no good to me because I want the iPod cable in the front with me, so I can plug and unplug when I get in. Also saw one in glove box, but don't fancy that either if it means cables hanging out of glove box. Any other ideas? I was wanting the cable just hanging out somewhere near the coin tray so I can stick the iPod in there.

3) Is it just a case of pulling out radio, plugging it all in, screwing box in somewhere, fitting the yellow and red wires into the block thing and putting it all back? Don't have to disconnect battery or anything?

Any help appreciated. Ta v much.