PDA

View Full Version : Oil from Bailey Dump Valve

Big Pete
Saturday 24th January 2009, 07:11
Ever since I bought my 850R in November 2008 there has been very small amounts of oil coming out of the Dump Valve that was already fitted. I did mention it to the past owner who said it had always been like it.

I'm sure this isn't normal, is it something I have to worry about? The car doesn't have any black smoke out the exhaust, and it pulls very well with the HLM 304 re-map.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

zoomungus
Saturday 24th January 2009, 07:32
hopefully its just the oily crap that gets sucked in via the crankcase breather and then blown thru the intercooler to be burnt by the engine, i have disconnected mine and just run a pipe out the bottom of the car. if it was the turbo oil seal you would be getting lots of smoke out the back

iGGy
Saturday 24th January 2009, 13:31
One solution to not seeing it...dump the chav valve.

It'll just be the normal oil passing through the induction system (after all, the intercooler also has a drain hole) and collecting at a pressure release point.

tomtyres
Saturday 24th January 2009, 15:06
Thats probably fine mate,
My "chav" valve usually gets an oily residue around the outlet holes!
Just excess crank breather oil (probably/hopefully?) :)

Mental Wealth Doctor
Saturday 24th January 2009, 17:18
same here think the answer is catch tank or vent to air,

Big Pete
Saturday 24th January 2009, 17:28
Thanks all for the positive answers!!! I was hoping it was nothing to worry about.

I bought the car with the dump valve on it, if the previous owner had all the bits to retrofit it and take it off them I would, I did ask him just incase I wanted too.

Its not too bad to be honest as the car is an auto so unless you take your foot off the throttle while the turbo is kicking in you never really hear it. it works well because if you want someone to know its a turbo you can boot it and then take you foot off the throttle and they soon know!

Saaamon
Sunday 25th January 2009, 01:38
A little amount of oil passing through the dump valve wont hurt, it would only seize up otherwise :).

Saaamon