PDA

View Full Version : tints

zoomungus
Friday 23rd January 2009, 07:06
tints? do i get tints, i carry my gear in the back and was thinking of tints but i dont want to spoil the look of the car.

Tomcat
Friday 23rd January 2009, 07:09
I have all but the front windows Tinted, I have all my cars done. What colour is your car?.

Niles
Friday 23rd January 2009, 10:56
my previous Volvo...
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/camelbeanie/2006_0402volvo0014.jpg

yorkshire R
Friday 23rd January 2009, 11:32
anyone got a yellow S40 tinted with a pic?

to do next....bigger allloys and tints

zoomungus
Friday 23rd January 2009, 15:11
looks like im getting tints:eye-poppi thanks dudes!

The_Rapid_Tank
Friday 23rd January 2009, 20:01
i will try and get some pics of my satin black t5. Has dark tints on the bk windows looks really good but depends what colour car u have to how dark u go.

zoomungus
Friday 23rd January 2009, 20:47
dark red, i will post some pic's

My T5
Friday 23rd January 2009, 21:17
I wanted tints on my garnet red 855.When you get them done could you post a pic up please.

PaulZX
Friday 23rd January 2009, 21:25
I want limo black tints on my dk blue one...

bumptj
Friday 23rd January 2009, 22:02
If you tint and do the fronts just make sure that the fronts are a really light tint, Otherwise if you Clobber a pedestrian or biker and youre tint doesn't let in a certain amount of light(think but maybe wrong its 30%) you are going off for a stay at Her Majesty's pleasure. Apart from that PC Plod can make you peel the tint off the fronts so that you are legal....

Tomcat
Friday 23rd January 2009, 22:04
Because these cars have tints as standard if you put anything on the fronts you'll be over the legal limit.

My T5
Saturday 24th January 2009, 22:06
If you tint and do the fronts just make sure that the fronts are a really light tint, Otherwise if you Clobber a pedestrian or biker and youre tint doesn't let in a certain amount of light(think but maybe wrong its 30%) you are going off for a stay at Her Majesty's pleasure. Apart from that PC Plod can make you peel the tint off the fronts so that you are legal....

Front tints must allow 70% of daylight through or they are ILLEGAL.

Big Pete
Sunday 25th January 2009, 08:37
I've had tints on my past 2 cars, both professionally done, its worth paying the extra so it looks right!

I don't believe you are allowed any extra tint on the front drivers and passenger windows anymore and obviously none on the front window. On my last ride I got the lightest tint all the way around and had to sign a waver saying that I had said for them to do it.

Attatched photo's of my last ride, an Isuzu Truck with the lightest tint all round, and my previous ride before that, a Volvo 740 with the next tint on from that all the way around.

I would recommend the lightest tint all the way around and the medium tint on the back window only.

dangerstevie
Sunday 25th January 2009, 11:16
i got a £30 on the spot fine from Mr Plod for light smoke tints in my mx5, they were LEGAL tints and let 30% of light through, however he reckoned you could not have the front windows tinted AT ALL unless it was a std tint. To which i called him a nazi fascist ba*tard and we parted ways. However saying that, the only car i have had that i haven't tinted has been this volvo, and i am thinking about doing it when i have some spare time. even tho it will be illegal.

zoomungus
Sunday 25th January 2009, 11:23
I've had tints on my past 2 cars, both professionally done, its worth paying the extra so it looks right!

I don't believe you are allowed any extra tint on the front drivers and passenger windows anymore and obviously none on the front window. On my last ride I got the lightest tint all the way around and had to sign a waver saying that I had said for them to do it.

Attatched photo's of my last ride, an Isuzu Truck with the lightest tint all round, and my previous ride before that, a Volvo 740 with the next tint on from that all the way around.

I would recommend the lightest tint all the way around and the medium tint on the back window only.

awesome 740 mate!

flyingbrick
Sunday 25th January 2009, 11:26
I think I want mine tinted after seeing tom cats yesterday...
How big a job is it and how much anyone please...

zoomungus
Sunday 25th January 2009, 11:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50-PijYWejw&eurl=http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q=young+ones&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefo&feature=player_em

p fandango
Sunday 25th January 2009, 11:55
http://covcrew.co.uk/volvo-850-t5/archive/exterior/new/archive8.jpg

zoomungus
Sunday 25th January 2009, 12:01
http://covcrew.co.uk/volvo-850-t5/archive/exterior/new/archive8.jpg

Nice one!

Tomcat
Sunday 25th January 2009, 14:07
I think I want mine tinted after seeing tom cats yesterday...
How big a job is it and how much anyone please...

Depends if you want to do it yourself or not. I bought my tint pre cut off a guy on Ebay and fitted it myself for about £40. A proffesional place will probably charge around £200 (I'd have thought).

flyingbrick
Sunday 25th January 2009, 14:17
Hi mate.

Did you take the glass out or not.

Cheers Mark........

Tomcat
Sunday 25th January 2009, 14:23
Nope, but I did remove the trim off the door, and the rubber seal that sits along the edge, that way you can get the film past the bottom of the seal.

nathT5
Sunday 25th January 2009, 16:24
i think i,m having all the back 5 windows done in limo after seeing tomcats yesterday.
its mainly for security reasons but will go with my red/black theme.

btw, its illegal to have any tint atall on the front doors and windscreen...

Tomcat
Sunday 25th January 2009, 16:27
Who the hell would be daft enough to tint their windscreen?,lol...

nathT5
Sunday 25th January 2009, 16:41
Who the hell would be daft enough to tint their windscreen?,lol...

ive seen it done before but you,d have to be very dodgey to need this much privercy :slap:
you know, the kind of people who wear shades at night or inside places :pimp2:

snoop69
Sunday 25th January 2009, 19:27
Ive said it before & i will say it again,as a biker front door tints suck big time.

You cannot make eye contact with the driver & it becomes a guessing game
as to whether they have seen you or not.

It always a nervous experience approaching cars waiting to pull out from
junctions.

If i could get away with it,i would put a hammer to them all :firedevil

RPM
Sunday 25th January 2009, 19:56
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w287/l111kss/Volvo854T5952.jpg

I struggle to get eye contact with all those bikers who have tinted visors too...............

snoop69
Sunday 25th January 2009, 20:24
I struggle to get eye contact with all those bikers who have tinted visors too...............

I bet you do but at least you can tell if they are looking in your direction.
Bikers are also prone to serious injury or worse if hit by sudden glare.They dont
have the protection that car drivers have.Smoked visors are fine but full
tinted visors should only be for trackdays.

Also,for tinted visors to be legal they must be placed on the outside of the
clear visor so they can be removed when light levels get low.You cant do
that in the car.

On the box a little while ago,some stupid bint got pulled in her other halfs
range Rover for having the front windows tinted.She was also wearing sunglasses.

The officer got his light level meter thingy me jig out & got readings of
17% if i remember correctly.

Big Pete
Monday 26th January 2009, 16:00
Normally its about £250 minimum for professionally tinted.

zoomungus
Monday 26th January 2009, 17:01
as an ex despatch rider, when in doubt about a car at junction a blast on the horn always gets attention

yorkshire R
Monday 26th January 2009, 17:14
iv been quoted £220 for my T4, i think thats with a bit of discount as they did my last car

Vikingxl
Monday 26th January 2009, 18:16
Nautic blue with tints

kevin 850t
Tuesday 3rd February 2009, 03:40
Nautic blue with tints

Now that looks nice:smile:

My T5
Tuesday 3rd February 2009, 10:26
Ive got the tint film to do it in my shed but im not brave!! If you ££££ it up it looks 10 times worse than no tints.

kevin 850t
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 04:33
I tinted my truck and messed it up, i took the back side glass out and put the film on the outside !!, it looked great and shiny when i put it back in, but now it's gone dull on the side i messed up through washing it i suppose, i done the back window & had an accident with the scalpel, then my munchkin kids picked it away from the window, lol. My 4x4 is a shed on wheels so i didn't care, i think i'll get a pro to do this car.

Kevin.

thebadger
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 05:01
I got the volvo made to measure sun blinds... looks like a tint, but I can move car with them! £68 for the set off PFV about 4 months ago! Top stuff!

p.s. this was for a P2 V70.... so not really any help at all!