PDA

View Full Version : whats the best 850r turbo back system?

fozzybear850r
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 19:51
hi people im after a turbo back system for my 850r,i heard obx are the best but as all companies i have heard bad rumours,can anybody help me please if you have one fitted to your t5r,many thanks fozz

Yosser
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 20:45
How long is a piece of string???

I think this is one of these topics thats hard to get an objective opinion about.

From what i read the OBX system is very keenly priced but might take a bit jiggling to fit and also comes without a cat. Someone on here has one fitted (Alan??), I'm sure he'll be along shortly with 1st hand experience.

I can't remember the name of the firm just now, but there is an exhaust fabricator in the NE with a good reputation and I think the prices are reasonable given the standard of the work. That might be a good option (if I can remember the name!!)

As for cat-backs it seems like Feritta have a good reputation and the price just now is good (but likely to go up soon due to currency fluctuations)

FWIW I still have the standard system so I only have what I have read on the boards to help me make my mind up.

[EDIT]Ok, I think this is them:

http://www.aas-exhausts.co.uk/

zoomungus
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 20:48
i will let you know when i fit my feritta. have a look on you tube there are some awesome 850 clips using dif systems

Tomcat
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 21:16
I have a Ferrita fitted to mine but it's only a cat back system, it's not very loud but it does help the old performance.

zoomungus
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 21:44
i was going to get an obx but it was the delivery from the states that was the problem, it was too big to ship priority mail so they would have to ship ground but i never heard back from them.

t5 pete
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 21:46
I have a custom one on myne cat back system and its only cost £300 for them to fit and with a 25yr gaurentee

Saaamon
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 00:06
Would have to say Ferrita, expensive but worth every penny. The noise is addictive and the build quality is better than any aftermarket exhaust i've ever had, i bought a full system from Don (downpipe with cat + cat back system) and that was £885 which in opinion is a bargin!

Saaamon

irf
Thursday 22nd January 2009, 00:14
when you say best, do you mean power?

if so, biggest is best, get one custom made 3" all the way.

losers like me have 2 and a half inch pea shooters:pants:

woz
Friday 23rd January 2009, 11:36
wondered if anyone has used longlilfe? they gave me a reasonable quote last year but had no pennies. Still running on the standard exhaust I had 40k ago when I got my first annual advisory about it ;>)
Will have to invest soon though so watching this thread!!!
W

bigman
Saturday 24th January 2009, 23:03
hi well as new to here and new owner of 850 been looking around and i am in dark as well i have had few exhaust done by longlife on my st24 decated plus twin 4"tail pipes plus have sent them alot of work as they were very gd for work and price will update if get one done .....also have used powerflow but they are bit pricey......

Alan M
Sunday 25th January 2009, 11:50
I have an OBX full system and so far it has been okay. I do get a little drone at about 70 on a run but if you increase the revs/speed a little the droning sound disappears. I had the mod the heat shield between the steering rack and downpipe for the downpipe to have enough room to move about with the engine. But I think that the downpipe will fit a little better with a newer turbo manifold as I used the standard 850 t5 header with a newer angled outlet turbo/downpipe. The ME7 manifold is just very slightly different with the turbo flange position which is meant to be used with the angled outlet turbo/downpipe combo I have. I do want a full 3" system now though from the downpipe back for more of a performance modification for planned future work.

nathT5
Sunday 25th January 2009, 16:50
i,d go custom stainless steel every time.
a mate runs a powerflow garage and ive now had 8 cars done by him, £2-300 for a cat-back system.
your never going to get big power gains from a cat-back and as for noise they,ll make what you want.
so i really cant see the point spending loads on one already made that you have to fit yourself.
mine has a cat and 2 boxes but is far too quiet so i,m getting 1 or both silencers chopped out soon.