PDA

View Full Version : Powerflex Top Engine mount

simpT5
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 00:26
My top engine mount bush is split so after reading some posts on this forum I have decided to replace it with a poly bush from powerflex, however, I can't seem to figure out if I need the purple or yellow bush? My car is a 1999 V70 p1 T5 with the me7/fly by wire throttle setup.

Can anyone please confirm which one I need to order, and if so where from?

Thanks,
simpT5

AndysR
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 00:42
Not sure about the ME7 model but the cable 70's should have purple bushes.

Enigma666
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 00:51
Yellow aint it.....pretty sure it was Yellow

Just like This one (http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_23_171&products_id=3642) :D

Wombatbomb
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 10:23
If the engine mount is an aluminium block, then it requires a yellow one.

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 10:37
I have a purple one in my 2000 c70, but to be honest, it feels wrong, only because all the 'how to do its' made it look like hard work getting it in, but mine just slid in really easy like butter??

Wombatbomb
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 10:50
I have a purple one in my 2000 c70, but to be honest, it feels wrong, only because all the 'how to do its' made it look like hard work getting it in, but mine just slid in really easy like butter??

You've got the wrong one fitted I suspect, however, fitting the yellow one to the alu mount is just a push in job, not like getting the purple bush into the older style mount :D

Black metal "cage-like" mount = purple bush
Solid aluminium block mount = yellow bush

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 10:57
Ah, he sold it as my year - i dont have receipt or anything now - oh well, looks like i'm buying another.

Anyone need a purple one when i get this new yellow mount?

simpT5
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 11:00
Thanks alot for your replys, ive just been and had a look at mine and its a solid aluminium block so I need a yellow bush!

I noticed the link to parts for volvos online is an American based company. Has anyone any positive experiences ordering from them? I could do with one asap and don't fancy waiting weeks for one to come!

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 11:16
you can buy the upgraded Volvo OEM top engine mount. It consists of a cruciform rubber block that can never split.

Also you dont get the increased engine noise through the bulkhead associated with poly bushes. I think the mount is about 30 quid or so.

Wombatbomb
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 12:02
Thanks alot for your replys, ive just been and had a look at mine and its a solid aluminium block so I need a yellow bush!

I noticed the link to parts for volvos online is an American based company. Has anyone any positive experiences ordering from them? I could do with one asap and don't fancy waiting weeks for one to come!

Huh????? PFV is a UK company.

Happygilmore78
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 12:16
I have bought off them and they were good mate

simpT5
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 13:44
Huh????? PFV is a UK company.

Doh, I saw the $ and put two and two together and assumed they were an American company!

I have just ordered my yellow poly bush so hopefully it might be here for the weekend, that'll keep me busy for a bit!

Thanks again to all those who replied, your info is appreciated.

Cheers,
SimpT5.

Rufe
Wednesday 21st January 2009, 14:20
The modified genuine (aluminium bracket type) top engine mount that wobbly dave is talking about retail at £43.24 inc vat, though we sell them at £31.57 inc vat, plus £4.20 postage to mainland Uk. The modified version is a much better design as dave says. (modified mount pn is 30680770)

Simon

BlackC70
Friday 27th February 2009, 18:45
I bought the upgraded OEM part (square block type) and the bloody thing has failed on me.

What I thought was a split gearbox torque mount, is actually a worn out torque mount with a failed top mount.

The bush is sliding from side to side in the housing, you can move it by hand!! Are there any ways to repair this or are there any upgraded PU bushes for the square block type mount?

The old ally housing housed a round mount, which had split - this (I think) has been disposed of. If it hasn't I'll just buy the round PU mount, but I'm loathed to only have got 1yr out of the square one when it's this new upgraded and "better" design :(

gazbak1
Friday 27th February 2009, 19:15
the new mount is supposed to do that. that is why i fitted a poly bush. yes there was a vibration on idle at first but after a week of driving has settled down and feels like normal with a nice engine note.

hope this helps

gazbak1

BlackC70
Friday 27th February 2009, 20:15
the oem mount is meant to be loose in the housing?!?!

what's the point in having the mount there - the engine rocks and rolls all over the place!

gazbak1
Friday 27th February 2009, 20:38
the oem mount is meant to be loose in the housing?!?!

what's the point in having the mount there - the engine rocks and rolls all over the place!

to a point yes, not excessive though

gazbak1

BlackC70
Saturday 28th February 2009, 01:07
I think this one is excessive to the point of ridiculous! I would probably be able to knock it out the mount using just the force of gravity!

LeeT5
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 01:29
I bought the upgraded OEM part (square block type) and the bloody thing has failed on me.

What I thought was a split gearbox torque mount, is actually a worn out torque mount with a failed top mount.

The bush is sliding from side to side in the housing, you can move it by hand!! Are there any ways to repair this or are there any upgraded PU bushes for the square block type mount?

The old ally housing housed a round mount, which had split - this (I think) has been disposed of. If it hasn't I'll just buy the round PU mount, but I'm loathed to only have got 1yr out of the square one when it's this new upgraded and "better" design :(

Err...actually the mount is supposed to be tight not loose. If it were loose then it can't do it's job.