PDA

View Full Version : brake upgrade

dant5
Sunday 18th January 2009, 11:05
am i right in thinking that, to do the upgrade to the 302mm all i need is the calliper carriers. or do i need to change the callipers and put bigger pads in aswell? obviously i know they will be bigger discs.

i already have the calliper carriers.

i have alredy changed my wheels to 17" to allow for the clearence.

Tomcat
Sunday 18th January 2009, 11:32
You'll need the caliper carriers and possibly some longer hoses(depending on which have been fitted to your car), the calipers and pads don't need changing because your just moving them further out to accomodate the larger disc.

cameron
Sunday 18th January 2009, 11:56
Ah right i always assumed that the bigger disks needed bigger pads :D

Nice one TC

Cheers

Lee

dant5
Sunday 18th January 2009, 14:32
You'll need the caliper carriers and possibly some longer hoses(depending on which have been fitted to your car), the calipers and pads don't need changing because your just moving them further out to accomodate the larger disc.

i already have the carriers waiting.

i have goodridge hoses all round. and there seems to be plenty of lengh on them.

Tomcat
Sunday 18th January 2009, 15:20
I only mention the hoses as if I hadn't I'd have had certain people coming on moaning that the stock ones aren't long enough and to use them would be dangerous. When I upgraded my last car to 302's I bought the longer hoses from Volvo only to find they where the same length as the ones already on the car. Good luck with it, it's an easy job to do.

dant5
Sunday 18th January 2009, 15:29
I only mention the hoses as if I hadn't I'd have had certain people coming on moaning that the stock ones aren't long enough and to use them would be dangerous. When I upgraded my last car to 302's I bought the longer hoses from Volvo only to find they where the same length as the ones already on the car. Good luck with it, it's an easy job to do.

fair enough, i got the longer goodridge one when i changed them, with the intention of upgrading the brakes.

do you have any ideas for my other post : inlet manifold??