PDA

View Full Version : inlet manifold

dant5
Sunday 18th January 2009, 11:01
hi guys, i have a spare inlet manifold and fuel rail with injectors.
is there anything which i can do to these to help improve the power and performance for my 1996 855 T-5

im going to do the pcv system which involves taking the manifold off, so i thought i could prep the spare 1 ready to go back on.

any ideas welcome and expected costs please.

Tomcat
Sunday 18th January 2009, 15:43
You can send the injectors off to Jimathan on here, he does injector cleaning. As for the manifold, you could always port it out a little(remove any sharp edges) and make sure that both the head and the manifold fit together properly with no steps.

dangerstevie
Sunday 18th January 2009, 19:20
To get any gains from porting the manifold you will need to port match it to the head, which will involve removing the head and a lot of in depth work. (that if done wrong will scrap your head)

dant5
Sunday 18th January 2009, 22:10
well it looks like it will just be the injectors then.

Alan M
Monday 19th January 2009, 10:24
Fit a larger throttle body. You will need to port match the manifold while it is off the car. You can machine the existing TB yourself and make a larger throttle butterfly to suit (or vise versa) or get in touch with the helpful Mr Tim Williams as he knocks them out for a respectable price so I believe. T5D5 is a better place to get hold of him though. HTH

dant5
Monday 19th January 2009, 16:09
Fit a larger throttle body. You will need to port match the manifold while it is off the car. You can machine the existing TB yourself and make a larger throttle butterfly to suit (or vise versa) or get in touch with the helpful Mr Tim Williams as he knocks them out for a respectable price so I believe. T5D5 is a better place to get hold of him though. HTH

thanks for that i may look into getting it done.

woz
Tuesday 20th January 2009, 14:36

I beleive the one off a 2.0 (10v?? or 20v???) will do the job. I hope so as Igot one off fleabay for £10. It is certainly the larger diameter butterfly(cannot remember the exact dimensions - have I gone from 60-65mm or something like that??) Obviously need to machine the manifold to suit as noted above.
Cheers
W;>)

dant5
Tuesday 20th January 2009, 16:25
I beleive the one off a 2.0 (10v?? or 20v???) will do the job. I hope so as Igot one off fleabay for £10. It is certainly the larger diameter butterfly(cannot remember the exact dimensions - have I gone from 60-65mm or something like that??) Obviously need to machine the manifold to suit as noted above.
Cheers
W;>)

Let me know how you get on with that please

850twr
Tuesday 20th January 2009, 16:28
Let me know how you get on with that please

ditto

walter leever
Tuesday 20th January 2009, 19:24
As for the inlet;you can put a V70R(classic)one on,better flow,it's even possible to fit a S60R/V70R inlet on,i'm looking into that myself.

flowwise the best inlets you can get.

walter

Alan M
Tuesday 20th January 2009, 19:42
Cheers
W;>)

I bought a N/A TB by mistake and machined it to 60mm to find that it wasn't worth using because it had extra vac take off nipples that are not used on the T5. Its easier to machine a T5 one if you are capable or as I said earlier even easier to get one from Tim.

p fandango
Tuesday 20th January 2009, 19:50
I bought a N/A TB by mistake and machined it to 60mm to find that it wasn't worth using because it had extra vac take off nipples that are not used on the T5. Its easier to machine a T5 one if you are capable or as I said earlier even easier to get one from Tim.
i'm using a 960 throttle body & just blocked up the extra nipples

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/4d03177c6b.jpg
960 one on the left, T-5 one on the right