PDA

View Full Version : K&N just fitted! Possible oil leak?

My T5
Saturday 17th January 2009, 12:31
Wow! what a difference it made.A definate power improvement particularly from 4000 rpm upwards.Strut brace has just been fitted to but i havnt taken it for a blast yet.Then i noticed a small oil leak!!
The air intake pipe that goes to the turbo has a pipe that i believe comes from the pcv system and a smaller pipe that loops of off it,theres a lot of oil staining around these pipes and i managed to push the big pipe back on a bit further then thought why has it come off ?Maybe a blocked pcv causing it to pop off at a weak point?Or maybe it just came loose? Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? Thanks,Matt.

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 17th January 2009, 13:02
Wow! what a difference it made.A definate power improvement particularly from 4000 rpm upwards.Strut brace has just been fitted to but i havnt taken it for a blast yet.Then i noticed a small oil leak!!
The air intake pipe that goes to the turbo has a pipe that i believe comes from the pcv system and a smaller pipe that loops of off it,theres a lot of oil staining around these pipes and i managed to push the big pipe back on a bit further then thought why has it come off ?Maybe a blocked pcv causing it to pop off at a weak point?Or maybe it just came loose? Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? Thanks,Matt.

the pipes from the pcv do become brittle with age/time and they can be very very easy to snap, i know from personal experience ;-/