PDA

View Full Version : Centre console noise driving me mad..

ripper
Tuesday 10th May 2005, 20:52
I hope someone can possibly save me from insanity and shed some light on the noise that i have coming from my center console area, it seems to be in-between the handbrake lever and seat belt mounting area. I have part removed the console but have found nothing lying in there or loose.

The noise i hear sounds just like a steel ball rolling from one stop position to another. This happens on slow acceleration and de-celleration only.

I suppose it is possible that it could be something to do with the seat belt pre-tensioner system but i don't know.

I hope you can help as i think i'm starting to hear this noise in my sleep, i've tried turning up the stereo but i still know the noise is there... :nut:

After_Shock
Tuesday 10th May 2005, 21:00
I had something similar on my C70 and everytime it was the plastic bit thats fixed next to the seat where the seat belt plugs into, simply needed moving a bit but it may be different in yours!

ripper
Tuesday 10th May 2005, 21:05
Doesn't sound like a plastic noise, more like metal object rolling onto another metal part, sounds like it only rolls about 8-10 cms but it's dammned annoying.

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 10th May 2005, 21:10
i've got the same sort of noise, i think its something in the rear heater channels under the front seat.

Al115
Tuesday 10th May 2005, 21:52
I had a similar noise, took the car to bits and found three rounds of spent ammo under the carpets! Damn police!

Alastair

craig
Tuesday 10th May 2005, 22:56
at least they were spent eh

lol

puts a new perspective on a drive by shooting eh !!!!!!

LeeT5
Tuesday 31st May 2005, 01:49
it seems to be in-between the handbrake lever and seat belt mounting area. I have part removed the console but have found nothing lying in there or loose.

The noise i hear sounds just like a steel ball rolling from one stop position to another. This happens on slow acceleration and de-celleration only.

I had the same thing....turned out to be a map reading light bulb had come loose in roof !!! Worth a look! :rainfro: