PDA

View Full Version : Possible Dyno Day@bhpTuner Leeds

cragmaz
Sunday 11th January 2009, 11:52
would anybody be interested in me organising a dyno day?
my wife and brother in law have a garage/tuning centre, and have fitted a brand new maha lps 3000 4wd machine, capable of 750bhp per axle,and is s**t hot!!!

link here. www.exhaustdiscounts.co.uk

full details are on the website, see what ya think,
its centrally located in leeds, and i am sure he would be up for it and would do it for a good price, but will prob need about 12 cars or so

let me know if you want to take it any further, and i will make all the arrangements. :B_thumb:

cheers

craig

wegal
Sunday 11th January 2009, 12:12
There is one running in manchester at awesome on the 25th. Ask camaron how hard it was to organise that !!

Think you could get enough interest, I'd come up, why not set a date tell peeps what it will cost and see what happens.

cragmaz
Sunday 11th January 2009, 12:21
just want to see the amount of interest first, before i make any firm plans.

craig

cragmaz
Sunday 11th January 2009, 19:00
There is one running in manchester at awesome on the 25th. Ask camaron how hard it was to organise that !!

Think you could get enough interest, I'd come up, why not set a date tell peeps what it will cost and see what happens.

think my timing is a bit off, dint realise there was already one booked at awesome this month.:troutslap

maybe next time eh?
my car is off there next sunday, so i will post the results/experience

Baj
Sunday 11th January 2009, 23:31
If you did one there I would turn up for the meet but not the run. Hell, I could walk there from my place.

JOHN 850
Sunday 11th January 2009, 23:56
Yes I'd be interested in coming & getting a price for the D5.

Cheers,

John.

cragmaz
Monday 12th January 2009, 17:35
Ok, gunna leave it a while, dint ralise there was one already organised at awesome later this month.:troutslap

Will def be one soon tho, gunna sort it for LATE MARCH/EARLY APRIL, SO COME ON PEOPLE, PENCIL THAT IN YOUR DIARYS!!:pimp2:

Will keep you all posted nearer the date,

Still would`nt mind gathering a list of people interested tho.

cheers
Craig

straight5
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 21:24
Keep me posted, only in York. Once we get a bit closer to the time put in a date and I can then confirm for certain.

nathT5
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 22:13
i,d be interested in a few months when ive had chance to sort a couple of things ;)

Enigma666
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 22:31
i,d be interested in a few months when ive had chance to sort a couple of things ;)

Replaced the dipstick yet Nath?

nathT5
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 22:34
not yet but i,m using my other car at the moment anyway ;)
i,m told its a dealer part :help:

Enigma666
Wednesday 28th January 2009, 22:39
Breakers mate :D any 850 should do it :)

t5 pete
Thursday 29th January 2009, 19:54
ill be up for it

Volvostorm
Thursday 29th January 2009, 20:50
I could be interested aswell :)

cragmaz
Thursday 29th January 2009, 21:47
Right guys, thats cool, i will arrange a def date soon, will prob be late march/early april and on a sunday, (will do some bacon butties an all);)

Getting mine "Live mapped" in a week or two, so fingers crossed, will get about 280 ish with sensible boost (15/16 psi), if you check the website- www.bhptuner.co.uk you will see my T5 in the "gallery" along withn a short vid, an power graphs, :cool: the second graph is the "mental" ecu, which i have now removed,as it was well dangerous, 1st graph is std ecu.

Will post a def date soon along with prices for group, should imagine will need at least 10 cars tho, i know that a recent booking (by saxperience), saxo club, required at least 10, as each car has 2 runs with full printout detailing flywheel/wheel bhp, transmission loss, afr`s, torque, boost etc,etc.

Thanks guys.
P.s if anybody is curious, its my brother in law`s place.;)

cheers
Craig

cragmaz
Thursday 29th January 2009, 22:00
I could be interested aswell :)

cool WHP figure mate, whats flywheel Bhp?

It were`nt a "dyno dynamics" dyno was it, cos there well unreliable, apparantly the transmission losses are a "guess" according to the marketing people :pants:

C

wegal
Friday 30th January 2009, 08:57
Dynodynamics rollers are as accurate as anyone else's, just like any dino the operator determines accuracy.

Transmission losses are ALWAYS a guess, they are not really measurable, mearly an estimate, no matter who's dino you use.

cragmaz
Friday 30th January 2009, 19:18
Dynodynamics rollers are as accurate as anyone else's, just like any dino the operator determines accuracy.

Transmission losses are ALWAYS a guess, they are not really measurable, mearly an estimate, no matter who's dino you use.

Sorry to contradict you mate, but it DOES accuratly measure transmission losses, this is one of the reasons why they chose this particular dyno after careful consideration of different manufacturers, the tuning cell has been specifically designed and developed with a cost of over £100k, with the very best equipment available, believe me, this dyno is S**T hot!!!:pimp2:

Some details from Maha website below, for y`all to ave a read of........ Hope i dont come accros as being funny, cos i certainly am not, just want to re-assure you all of the spec of the dyno, this is the very best available!!!

"The MAHA LPS 3000 All Wheel Drive Dynamometer is arguably the best, most accurate automotive performance tester in the world today. It is the choice for many automobile manufactures for development and final testing at the factory. Our LPS 3000 has features that shops using other dynos can only dream of!

*Measuring actual crankshaft horsepower and torque, No more random power train loss guessing. This dyno measures drivetrain loss during each run cycle.

*Provides SAE Corrected Horsepower and Torque depending on the data from the built in weather station.

*Small roller size aids in very accurate power measurements but not so small too be unstable.

*Two large Eddy Current loaders can measure power up to 1100 hp continuously and 1400 hp peak.

*Direct data acquisition from the OBDII port. Any information that is available there can be graphed; i.e. RPM, Air/Fuel, Boost, Ignition Timing

*Front and rear rollers speeds are controlled by the software to load each axle equally. This protects the center differential on AWD cars.

*Special settings designed for cars with more front drive bias like what is found on Audi and VW with the Haldex system.
*Special settings for cars with rear bias for instance Porsche and Subaru.

*Special setting for Naturally Aspirated, Turbo and Supercharged cars and trucks.

What you get when you choose to use the Best Dyno in the World:

1) GRAPHIC DYNO CHART
Corrected Engine Power
Engine power BHP
Wheel power BHP
Drag power BHP
Torque

2) MAX POWER DATA
Maximum Corrected Engine Power
Maximum Engine power
Wheel power
Drag power
Maximum Torque

3) AMBIENT DATA
Ambient temperature
Intake air temperature
Relative humidity
Air pressure
Steam pressure

It can give print-outs of both power and torque, boost pressure, lambda, exhaust temperature etc, and show power at flywheel and at the wheels, and give accurate road speed. This is very useful if you want to gear your car to suit the engines torque and power band.
Our Dyno cell is equipped with an excellent cooling system incorporating directional fans suitable for vehicles with both Top and Front Mount Intercoolers. This is very important as it keeps any engine cool, while being mapped or tuned.
Our Maha LPS 3000 also incorporates Wide Band Lambda Reader and Data Logging facilities

Quick and safe loading!

Our dyno is installed in ground which makes for quick and safe loading of vehicles. Low cars can be loaded with ease. Pneumatically controlled lift pads speed the process. Quickly adjusts to any wheelbase size.

Manufacturer Approvals
Manufacturer ApprovalsThe following manufacturers have approved their vehicles for use on the MaHa LPS 3000...
Audi
BMW
Daimler AG
Adam Opel AG
Porsche
Peugeot
Seat
Skoda
Volkswagen"

wegal
Friday 30th January 2009, 21:39
I would love to see it tell me what my exact transmission losses are and convert my WHP to BHP.... I drive an auto !!!

There are lots of unbiased sites that tell you why a wheel dyno cant give an accurate crank figure, its just a guess, no matter what the marketing blurb says. The only way to get even close would be to take the engine out and run it on a calibrated engine dyno, put it back in the car and run it on a wheel dyno.... that would give you some indication but even that would not be totally accurate, it could not take into account even the smallest amount of tyre slippage.....

Im not knocking your dyno mate not at all, its just that people get a bit wrapped up in how accurate they are and they are not.... they are a VERY good comparison tool, and a useful diagnostic tool.

It would be interesting to know what Maha's limits of uncertainty are ? Bet they wont tell you that ? Also do they tell you what the dyno was calibrated against and what the limits of uncertainty where on that. Everything that is measured has limits of uncertainty, and these limits can be very large indeed, although thats generally kept a secret. I work in the measurement industry, you think a degree is a degree or a cm a cm it isnt and neither is a bhp a bhp, it all depends on the original calibration of the equipment. Very accurate calibration is also very very expensive and for most people totally unnessasary, a tape measure is not an accurate measure, its just a comparison tool and so long as you always use the same tape measure, you always get the same result, the same goes for anything that measures. Dont believe the hype. As I said Im not knocking your dyno I dont have a vested interest in it and would love to come and put my car on it with everyone else, so that I can COMPARE my car with others.

No offence intended and I hope none taken, just a wee insight into measuring stuff, I measure stuff all day long, the whole measurement industry is basically a con. Ok I need to run and hide now before they come and get me for revealing secrets lol.

Yosser
Friday 30th January 2009, 22:10
Sorry to contradict you mate, but it DOES accuratly measure transmission losses

No it doesn't.

Unless you remove the engine from the car and measure the power using an engine dyno, the the flywheel figure is an estimate.

A bit of light reading for you here:

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/POWER3.htm

In summary; "So is there any way of really measuring the true transmission loss of a car? Yes - only one - by measuring the flywheel power on an accurate engine dyno, the wheel power on an accurate chassis dyno and taking one away from the other. There is no way on God's green earth of finding out the true transmission loss just by measuring the power at the wheels."

cragmaz
Friday 30th January 2009, 22:11
I would love to see it tell me what my exact transmission losses are and convert my WHP to BHP.... I drive an auto !!!

There are lots of unbiased sites that tell you why a wheel dyno cant give an accurate crank figure, its just a guess, no matter what the marketing blurb says. The only way to get even close would be to take the engine out and run it on a calibrated engine dyno, put it back in the car and run it on a wheel dyno.... that would give you some indication but even that would not be totally accurate, it could not take into account even the smallest amount of tyre slippage.....

Im not knocking your dyno mate not at all, its just that people get a bit wrapped up in how accurate they are and they are not.... they are a VERY good comparison tool, and a useful diagnostic tool.

It would be interesting to know what Maha's limits of uncertainty are ? Bet they wont tell you that ? Also do they tell you what the dyno was calibrated against and what the limits of uncertainty where on that. Everything that is measured has limits of uncertainty, and these limits can be very large indeed, although thats generally kept a secret. I work in the measurement industry, you think a degree is a degree or a cm a cm it isnt and neither is a bhp a bhp, it all depends on the original calibration of the equipment. Very accurate calibration is also very very expensive and for most people totally unnessasary, a tape measure is not an accurate measure, its just a comparison tool and so long as you always use the same tape measure, you always get the same result, the same goes for anything that measures. Dont believe the hype. As I said Im not knocking your dyno I dont have a vested interest in it and would love to come and put my car on it with everyone else, so that I can COMPARE my car with others.

No offence intended and I hope none taken, just a wee insight into measuring stuff, I measure stuff all day long, the whole measurement industry is basically a con. Ok I need to run and hide now before they come and get me for revealing secrets lol.

(Draws Breath!!!!) Ok Buddy, i fully take on board your point, but in the dyno market, the machine is one, if not, THE best available, as accurate or in-accurate as it may be, some are more accurate than others, and you are very right, it is only as accurate as the calibration allows, this is a brand new machine and was only calibrated last month, so its as good as it gets, and is certainly the best in the region.

Anyway, i do hope you will come along when i sort a definate date, and get your motor on the rollers, i am certain that you ( and everyone else) will be suitably impressed.:B_thumb:

will post a definate date next soon, just need to check schedule/work load etc, but will def be a sunday.

Everyone, please let me know if your interested tho, will need a min of 10 vehicles.

Cheers
Craig

wegal
Saturday 31st January 2009, 10:19
I have my daughter every other weekend so if its not one of those weekends you can put me down.

Alan M
Saturday 31st January 2009, 18:18
Hub Dynos are more accurate.

straight5
Saturday 31st January 2009, 21:06
Talking as a someone who is a bit new to all this, I thought I would throw this question out there for some of those more knowledgable to educate me. (short words please haha), surely I need only really concern myself with the power as measured at the wheels. All I want to know is how much power am I getting down to the road. Everything else being lost in between is theoretical and not helping me in the real world. Is this right? I realise the loss between the two may be useful info if there is a problem, but otherwise its not really what I need to know.....is it???

wegal
Sunday 1st February 2009, 00:21
Two schools of thought really, some people like to know the crank power so that they can say I have xxx horsepower vs xxx - transmission losses horsepower.

Even going on about BHP is a bit accademic. Torque is the important figure. BHP is a calculation of torque and revs. Torque is the bit that tells you how quick you accellerate, BHP is the bit that tells you how fast you will end up going.

Different cars and maps will give different results depending on what the driver is after, I want my car to accelerate through the gears quickly, so i want high torque, I dont care if it cant do the 175mph because i dont drive that fast anyway so BHP doesnt matter to me, its all in teh torques baby ;-)

The only number that really counts for my money is torque at the wheels, everything else is pretty much not relevent. But that is just my view, Im not saying this is the correct view, its just mine.

irf
Sunday 1st February 2009, 07:52
horsepower for me.

as said above horsepower is a product of torque and revs. more torque over a wider rev range = more horsepower.

a peak torque figure at a certain rev point means nothing to me.

just two sides of the argument/debate:)

cragmaz
Sunday 1st February 2009, 10:22
I have my daughter every other weekend so if its not one of those weekends you can put me down.

Cool, will keep you posted, will get a provisional date in the next week or so:B_thumb:

Craig

Alan M
Sunday 1st February 2009, 13:34
more torque over a wider rev range

This is where I see the power thing also. More torque over a larger range so you can really see/feel the difference while driving.

wegal
Sunday 1st February 2009, 17:32
Agreed but if you have high and constant torque at the wheels then you have high BHP by default, sort the torque and the rest MUST follow.

Whereas you can increase your bhp figure by just revving the nuts off it, although there will come a point of peak bhp, after which torque drops off as revs increase. Torque in a usable and safe rev range or high bhp at mental revs ?

the rr day at awesome they pulled my runs at below 6000 rpm, but stll getting 300ft/lbs torque, but due to low rpm only 277 bhp. The torque figure is acceptable whereas the bhp figure appears low. Im not worrying about the bhp, cos the torque figure is ok.

I want more torque however .............. time to get out the wallet ;-)

rimmer100
Sunday 1st February 2009, 23:43
I would be up for the rolling road day...

Loadsamiles
Monday 2nd February 2009, 01:00
Dyno days are only really a bit of fun.

Far more interesting than standing in a freezing cold pub car park.

They are also excellent diagnostics tools. When there are other similar vehicles present it gives you a good opportunity to check if yours is up to spec with similar cars.

As for reliable BHP figures...... Forget it. As there is no independent calibration authority, or regulator of such activities it's all up to the owners and manufacturers to set a figure. All makes of dyno read different. If you are looking for a representative figure, get the operator to set the dyno to wheel horsepower mode, it's as close as you'll get.

If the will was there, there could be a calibration body. it's easy to do. just fit a known calibrated power source with rubber rollers (electric preferably) to the back of a transit like a spectacle lift, and drive round the UK sticking it on the various dynos testing them all.

All our measurement equipment at work has to be calibrated. Volt meters, sound level meters, etc etc. so why not dynos.

I'm sure many dyno operators would welcome such a system as it would stop all this ££££££.

Some people even end up deciding that it's easiest to dismiss all the higher figures and state that the one that reads the lowest must be correct. Where the probability is that some are low and some are high.

So the best idea is sod the definitive power figure idea. Treat it as a bit of a comparison, and an excellent chance for a bit of diagnostics.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd February 2009, 11:12
more torque over a wider rev range = more horsepower.

Wrong. Horsepower is a product of torque and revs (divide by 5252). Hence you create car like diesel that has the same horsepower at lower revs as a petrol would at higher revs - D5 vs VTEC is a good example.

Peak figures are just an indicator - and do not provide the full picture.

Torque provides the acceleration and horsepower gives you speed.

A long flat torque curve is desireable and it provides an indicator of good acceleration.

Precisely why this sums up irfs knowledge of the subject

But peak HP does? :slap:

Peak torque - is as its name suggests the point at which the turning force around the fulcrum (the crank/wheel hum) is at its greatest.

Enigma666
Monday 2nd February 2009, 11:31
How is what Irf is saying irrelevent?
He basically said he is not interested in a huge torque figure across a narrow band as that achieves nothing.

Why is that an issue?

irf
Monday 2nd February 2009, 11:33
i'm not gonna get into a stupid argument. you stick with your peak torque figures, i'll stick with peak horsepower.

oh by the way, not sure if you remember, it was a 280bhp volvo(mine) that overtook your car at marham last year when you used to claim 335bhp. no wonder you don't like peak horsepower figures:slap:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd February 2009, 12:36
Explain how you reach the conclusion and I will give your arguement some respect. The two sides are intrinsically linked. All you do by stick up this childish arguement is showing your grasp of these engineer concepts is clearly flawed.

http://www.largiader.com/articles/torque.html/

Stick with your peak horsepower?? - you mean the one point on the graph where mathematically the rpm multiplied by the torque is maximised. Please illuminate us all the meaning behing your powerful insight?

To increase horsepower - you can do 1 of 2 things - increase the RPM - with a constant torque OR increase the torque for a given RPM.

I also remember that I wasnt accelerating at the time - once you've done the runway at full tilt once or twice - I was trying to limit the wear on my engine.

wegal
Monday 2nd February 2009, 13:09
Oh dear I can see this degenerating.....

basically peak anything is totally irrelevent, BHP increase comes from increased revs or increased torque at the same revs, The more torque you have over a given rev range the more BHP you end up with. An oil burner will generate loads of torque but at low rpm compared to most petrols so they can accellerate ( or pull heavy loads) very well, but they run out of revs so have a relatively low BHP figure for their torque figure.

Its not really worth arguing about to be honest, its just a case of what you look at on the graph BHP or Torque - like i said BHP is not relevent to how I drive so im not interested in it, im interested in torque, so if I increase my torque I do by default increase my BHP figure. I look for a high flat torque "curve" that holds through the rev range, if its starts dropping early then its indicative of the car running out of something ( fuel / air ) if it starts to late then its more likely a mapping issue, BHP line is pretty dull. It climbs as the revs climb to the peak figure, its fairly predicatable unless there is something wrong with the engine.

There is no right or wrong to this one, its really just a matter of personal choice. Im more impressede with a big torque figure that a big BHP figure, but like i said if they are just peak power then it doesnt mean a lot.

Now come on gents lets not get nasty with each other, there really is no need.

straight5
Monday 2nd February 2009, 14:04
Spread the love. Lets see no squabbling. Thanks for all the useful info and opinions though guys. Although I aim to be at the RR, I will still probably mainly judge things using the highly calibrated and world respected seat of my pants.

irf
Monday 2nd February 2009, 15:40
I also remember that I wasnt accelerating at the time - once you've done the runway at full tilt once or twice - I was trying to limit the wear on my engine.

lol, good one.

what i mean by peak horsepower is a good amount of torque over a wider rev range then a peak torque figure at a certain rpm point.

i won't be coming back to this argument, if it's not clear now it never will be.

Loadsamiles
Monday 2nd February 2009, 17:30
horsepower for me.

as said above horsepower is a product of torque and revs. more torque over a wider rev range = more horsepower.

just two sides of the argument/debate:)

I'm completely lost on that one Irf......

More torque over wider revs doesn't mean more horsepower.

More torque at higher revs = more horsepower.

Horsepower isn't an averaged figure. It's an instantaneous figure at a said RPM . As has been explained.

The car could be coughing and spluttering it's way to 5,000 rpm generating almost no go whatsoever then come good by 5,500 kick into life and develop a stonking horsepower figure. for 1,000 rpm before running out of puff again. Utterly useless.

I agree More torque over a wider rev range = a better drive.

It's pointless arguing horsepower -v- torque as one being preferable to the other. They are one and the same. It's a simple mathematical relationship as one is derived from the other.

A cumulative figure WOULD be the best indicator of overall performance. But they don't give us one.

irf
Monday 2nd February 2009, 17:51
thank you joules, that's explained it a bit better.

saying things like "childish argument" as dave said above just gets peoples backs up. it did mine.

it's easy to say things like that on a forum which is why i dont. would he come across like that in person? i'd hope not.

still think he's bitter for being overtaken by a 280bhp volvo:D

Wobbly Dave
Monday 2nd February 2009, 18:06
Irf as in "what on IRF are you wittering about" - Your childish arguement was the sly dig - about over this overtaking thing. That's what I object to. You grasp of the English Language is obviously as vague as your grasp about the facts relating to Power vs Torque.

What I have said all along is the long flat torque curve is the what you need for good power. The relationship is instantaneous as Joules points out. The only other thing I would say is the only cumulative aspect is the area under the torque curve - which gives a useful expression of how the car drives. The shape is important.

irf
Monday 2nd February 2009, 18:18
don't think it was sly or a dig. gloating would be more apt:biggrin:

i wont say what i'd really like to say, i'll just get banned.

Loadsamiles
Monday 2nd February 2009, 18:58
thank you joules, that's explained it a bit better.

saying things like "childish argument" as dave said above just gets peoples backs up. it did mine.

it's easy to say things like that on a forum which is why i dont. would he come across like that in person? i'd hope not.

still think he's bitter for being overtaken by a 280bhp volvo:D

I kind of got the slant of what you were saying...... Or at least I think I may have done..:shhh:

I don't think anybody who knows anything is swayed by MAX BHP figures as figures alone.

Without a graph they are meaningless. A spike could make your figures look pretty, but in reality is of no use at all.

Ideally the car needs a good smooth and constant application of power (Torque) to the road to enable it to progress well. Realistically you want an even and flat as possible torque delivery for a bit longer than a gear ratio.

If your gears are stepping at 2,000 RPM then you would need about 3,000 RPM of good even delivery. to give you a smooth and useful drive. If you get even more then you can be really lazy with your gear changes and the car becomes very forgiving. Anything 2,000 RPM or less and you're going to be going on and off the boil all the time (Rather like many turbo diesels) lurching from gear to gear. The closer to 2,000 RPM the power band gets the less forgiving the car becomes of inaccurate gear changes, and the more chance you stand of finding yourself with a box full of the wrong gears.

You are right..... There is no meaning in a spot figure.

Loadsamiles
Monday 2nd February 2009, 19:14
Hey!!!

Here's a very good explanation of how BHP and torque are linked and work together...

Enjoy!

http://www.vettenet.org/torquehp.html

cragmaz
Monday 2nd February 2009, 19:15
Ok Guys, Seems like were going a bit too deep into this "Debate" and off topic,so back to the "job-in-hand" :rolleyes:

Dyno day gunna be late march/early april, and def. on a sunday,
just "putting the feelers out" at the moment,to guage interest, so basically, who`s up for it??, -- put your name below if you are, i`ll start :wink:

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete

t5 pete
Monday 2nd February 2009, 19:24
count me in i need to do the timing first but after that i will deff run the car on the rollers

cragmaz
Monday 2nd February 2009, 19:38
count me in i need to do the timing first but after that i will deff run the car on the rollers

Cool matey! :B_thumb:, quite a spec you have there, what Bhp you got?

cragmaz
Monday 2nd February 2009, 19:45
just "putting the feelers out" at the moment,to guage interest, so basically, who`s up for it??, -- put your name below if you are, i`ll start

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete

t5 pete
Monday 2nd February 2009, 20:14
Cool matey! :B_thumb:, quite a spec you have there, what Bhp you got?

it ran 217 at the wheels but found out the timing is out so when the better weather is here i will sort that out and the get the car on the rollers at leeds to see what shes producing

cragmaz
Monday 2nd February 2009, 21:18
it ran 217 at the wheels but found out the timing is out so when the better weather is here i will sort that out and the get the car on the rollers at leeds to see what shes producing

still not bad, must be about 265/275 @ flywheel (???)

Craig

t5 pete
Monday 2nd February 2009, 21:23
still not bad, must be about 265/275 @ flywheel (???)

Craig

IIRC the flywheel was 227 or around which is a very very little loss so it will be intresting to she what you bro in laws dyno says i know tomcat car with the same map as myne got 267 (i think) at the wheels but i cannot remember what fly it made

cragmaz
Monday 2nd February 2009, 21:34
IIRC the flywheel was 227 or around which is a very very little loss so it will be intresting to she what you bro in laws dyno says i know tomcat car with the same map as myne got 267 (i think) at the wheels but i cannot remember what fly it made

Hmmmmmm, thats really odd, so it only lost 10bhp from flywheel to wheel hp, (if i am understanding you properly), mine was on a couple of weeks ago and made bang on 250 (with my standard ecu) @flywheel, with 193 @ wheels.
Is your a manual or auto?

craig

t5 pete
Monday 2nd February 2009, 21:36
its manual

cragmaz
Monday 2nd February 2009, 21:38
its manual

Ok, ......................wierd!!!!!

with the mods you have done, it should be at least 260brake@ flywheel, 227 sounds really not good, considering 225 is the standard power output from your engine, and to only loose 10bhp sounds very wrong too.
Just my opinion,......... for what its worth.
C

t5 pete
Monday 2nd February 2009, 21:47
Ok, ......................wierd!!!!!

with the mods you have done, it should be at least 260brake@ flywheel, 227 sounds really not good, considering 225 is the standard power output from your engine, and to only loose 10bhp sounds very wrong too.
Just my opinonn=, for what its worth.
C

Thats where the timing come in i need to sort the timing out i was talking to pookie and just being a tooth out could cause the poor figures i got

cragmaz
Monday 2nd February 2009, 21:56
Thats where the timing come in i need to sort the timing out i was talking to pookie and just being a tooth out could cause the poor figures i got

Right, Just been doing some calculations on some of our past dyno`ed vehicles, and on avarage, there is a 18/20 percent loss from flywheel BHP, to Wheel BHP, obviously some cars will be more an some will be less.

How does your car drive at the mo. then?, is it obvious something is wrong?, have you had the timing belt replaced recently (in-correctly)?
personally, i wunt even drive it if thats the case, until you get it sorted

C

t5 pete
Monday 2nd February 2009, 22:01
yeah i replaced the belt when i had the head off t5he car drives brilliant and does pull hard i have 303 tourque at the dyno i have talked to a few people and all have said the car would run fine if the timing is a tooth out, just down on power theres enough clearence not to cause any problems i just looking forward to when ive got it done there should be a bit of a difference

cragmaz
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 17:13
just "putting the feelers out" at the moment,to guage interest, so basically, who`s up for it??, -- put your name below if you are, i`ll start

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete

Hi guys, if we dont get at least 10, we wont be able to go ahead :tombstone

no point in me trying to arrange a date if we dont get enough people, only 2 of us so far :cry:

C`mon chaps!!!

cheers
craig

T5 ROB
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 18:56
Put my name down mate, it would be nice to see you all.

Volvostorm
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 19:53
Put me down for it aswell please :)

cragmaz
Wednesday 4th February 2009, 23:04
Cheers lads, will be good to meet you all, still need more tho, so spread the word!!!

will be a great day, bacon butties an` all, still need more tho, c`mon guys.!!

so far then:

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete
3. pault5estate
4. T5 Rob

keep it comin guys!

Cheers
craig

rimmer100
Friday 6th February 2009, 00:45
Cheers lads, will be good to meet you all, still need more tho, so spread the word!!!

will be a great day, bacon butties an` all, still need more tho, c`mon guys.!!

so far then:

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete
3. pault5estate
4. T5 Rob

keep it comin guys!

Cheers
craig

I`ll be there

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete
3. pault5estate
4. T5 Rob
5. rimmer100

mauler
Friday 6th February 2009, 19:01
I`ll be there

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete
3. pault5estate
4. T5 Rob
5. rimmer100
6. Mauler (recent purchase of 440 turbo)

Tomcat
Friday 6th February 2009, 19:13
I'll have a ride up, but I'm not going to run this time(unless you end up being short numbered).

cragmaz
Friday 6th February 2009, 19:18
1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete
3. pault5estate
4. T5 Rob
5. rimmer100
6. mauler

cheers lads, keep em comin :smileypul

cragmaz
Friday 6th February 2009, 19:19
I'll have a ride up, but I'm not going to run this time(unless you end up being short numbered).

Cheers TC, get her on the rollers!!!!, :B_thumb: would be great!!

Craig

t5 pete
Friday 6th February 2009, 19:29
Forgot to ask whats the price

cragmaz
Friday 6th February 2009, 20:35
Forgot to ask whats the price

Not confirmed yet, but prob 26th of april (sunday)

Will be £40 for 2 runs with full printouts, and free bacon butties ;)

Let me know what you all think :pimp2:

Cheers
Craig

t5 pete
Friday 6th February 2009, 20:46
Not confirmed yet, but prob 26th of april (sunday)

Will be £40 for 2 runs with full printouts, and free bacon butties ;)

Let me know what you all think :pimp2:

Cheers
Craig

sounds a good price aslong as the afr's are measured and printed out also rember the tomarto ketchup

cragmaz
Friday 6th February 2009, 21:29
sounds a good price aslong as the afr's are measured and printed out also rember the tomarto ketchup

Yes AFR's are measured :smile:

Tomcat
Friday 6th February 2009, 21:34
Go on, put me down for a run then!!,lol.

cragmaz
Friday 6th February 2009, 21:49
Go on, put me down for a run then!!,lol.

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete
3. pault5estate
4. T5 Rob
5. rimmer100
6. mauler
7. tomcat

getting there!!!!
c`mon lets get some more!

craig

t5 pete
Friday 6th February 2009, 22:04
hows you bro in law at doing autos i know cameron would possibly be intreasted

cragmaz
Saturday 7th February 2009, 10:21
hows you bro in law at doing autos i know cameron would possibly be intreasted

Auto`s No problem mate :smileypul

lets get him onboard then :partysmil

cheers
craig

cragmaz
Sunday 8th February 2009, 18:33
Bump, Bumpety Bump!!!

outnumbered
Thursday 12th February 2009, 17:40
1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete
3. pault5estate
4. T5 Rob
5. rimmer100
6. mauler
7. tomcat

getting there!!!!
c`mon lets get some more!

craig

i would be interested but depends on the date, also as a matter of intrest my car is auto and at well lane they didnt want to take my money as it was an auto???, strange.
mike

mike

straight5
Thursday 12th February 2009, 19:25
Im definately hoping to be able to come, but with my current situation I can't make any promises, until much much closer to the date. So its not worth relying on me to make up your numbers.
Even when you fix a date, I may only know whether I am working that weekend in the preceeding week. I simply cannot afford to turn down a day's Overtime if it crops up.
I know thats not very helpful, sorry.
I am really hoping you get enough people listed for it to go ahead anyway.

mauler
Wednesday 18th February 2009, 22:51
Now have the 440 turbo auto, few little things to do but will hopefully have them sorted by the date, will keep it stock on performance bits and see whats happening as is.

cragmaz
Thursday 19th February 2009, 21:40
ok mate, no worries, will post up nearer the time!

Craig

T4_Al
Tuesday 24th February 2009, 22:33
...You can count me in, Il be throwing my T4 amongst the 5 pots:-

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete
3. pault5estate
4. T5 Rob
5. rimmer100
6. mauler
7. tomcat
8. T4_Al

neevo
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 01:57
my wife and brother in law have a garage/tuning centre, and have fitted a brand new maha lps 3000 4wd machine, capable of 750bhp per axle,and is s**t hot!!!

its centrally located in leeds, and i am sure he would be up for it and would do it for a good price, but will prob need about 12 cars or so

let me know if you want to take it any further, and i will make all the arrangements. :B_thumb:

cheers

craig
WOW that site is awful :(

It's bad enough having the logo (& whats new) flashing in dark blue every micro second but on a fairly dark brown background on which the test is almost illegible to some of us with not the best eyesight. I gave up looking after a minute and just as I was closing I noted that there was an email address ( I think) and some green text too which only showed up as I had highlighted text to try and see what it said

Sorry, my opinion only but I wouldnt be expecting a lot of sales from that site if I was them :(

neevo
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 02:04

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 PeteI might be up for it depending on price and whether it clashes with an important F1 GP :eek:

My modded Frontera will leave your cars standing **
The RainX makes the air flow a lot quicker over the screen and makes the car so slick through the air

** on snow

cragmaz
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 21:46
...You can count me in, Il be throwing my T4 amongst the 5 pots:-

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete
3. pault5estate
4. T5 Rob
5. rimmer100
6. mauler
7. tomcat
8. T4_Al

weh-hey, cool mate, look forward to that on the dyno,

cheers
craig

cragmaz
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 22:01
WOW that site is awful :(

It's bad enough having the logo (& whats new) flashing in dark blue every micro second but on a fairly dark brown background on which the test is almost illegible to some of us with not the best eyesight. I gave up looking after a minute and just as I was closing I noted that there was an email address ( I think) and some green text too which only showed up as I had highlighted text to try and see what it said

Sorry, my opinion only but I wouldnt be expecting a lot of sales from that site if I was them :(

Made it ourselves mate, i dont think its half bad either considering were mechanics not I.T. specialists!!

Oh and just for the record, we get loads of email enquiries, so cant be that bad eh!! :)

But like you said, just your opinion, your comments have been noted, and we will get a better website shortly, but cant at the mo, as there very expensive.

cheers
craig

T4_Al
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 22:11
weh-hey, cool mate, look forward to that on the dyno,

cheers
craig

Craig, out of interest how many people do we need now before its a go?

cragmaz
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 22:13
Craig, out of interest how many people do we need now before its a go?

another couple ideally, need about 10 in total mate

Date is sunday 26th of april

craig

cragmaz
Wednesday 25th February 2009, 22:35
DATE FIXED PEOPLE, :B_thumb: SUNDAY 26TH OF APRIL

Cheers
Craig

cameron
Thursday 26th February 2009, 20:46
Put me down provisionaly matey :D

As long as the work keeps coming in i'll be there with my auto with HLM 304 :D

Hopefully i'll get a decent reading this time as 222 was way below my expectations :(

Cheers

Lee ( Cameron )

screwloose
Thursday 26th February 2009, 21:48
how much is it :D
would be interested

when you say exhausts, are these aftermarket jobbies ???

screwloose
Thursday 26th February 2009, 21:57
ok £40 all in with bacon buttie with no sauce ;)

i'm in, can see what a stock P2 does :D

cragmaz
Sunday 1st March 2009, 18:58
So Far then :

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete
3. pault5estate
4. T5 Rob
5. rimmer100
6. mauler
7. tomcat
8. T4_Al
9. Cameron (provisional)
10. Screwloose

got room for another couple (poss 3) if anyone else wants to join us, a couple of "R" models would be interesting, :pimp2:

Oh,Gunna need deposits soon too,as i have to book the dyno out for the day, £20 should do it, either by paypal or cheque, paypal best tho, send to : big.craig@live.co.uk.

Cheers guys, really lookin forward to it:partysmil

Craig

mauler
Tuesday 3rd March 2009, 20:54
Still hoping to bring the 440 turbo, have asked if it is poss to do a chip tune on the day time/cost permiting, if the 440 no ready the old buss will be there, ready to take some more use & abuse.

T5 ROB
Wednesday 4th March 2009, 09:49
Payment Sent Mate

mauler
Wednesday 4th March 2009, 18:06
deposit sent via paypal.
Regards
Kev

PAVLIE
Thursday 5th March 2009, 06:30
I know i live in leeds, but nowhere on the sight does it let you know whereabouts in leeds it is? i cant say for definate but may attend

kyebosh
Thursday 5th March 2009, 21:00
http://www.exhaustdiscounts.co.uk/Contact.php

cragmaz
Thursday 5th March 2009, 22:34
I know i live in leeds, but nowhere on the sight does it let you know whereabouts in leeds it is? i cant say for definate but may attend
Exhaust Discounts auto centre/BHPTuner, just off the gyratory mate, next door to majestic wines warehouse, LS12 1DR
Would be good to see ya!

Craig

T4_Al
Sunday 8th March 2009, 10:26
Deposit sent via paypal, £20.00

Cheers

cragmaz
Sunday 8th March 2009, 20:59
Deposit sent via paypal, £20.00

Cheers

Cheers matey,

we just done a dyno day today for citroen saxo forum, had 12 cars on the rollers, its been a fantastic day, so really lookin forward to our volvo one!!

:partysmil

Craig

screwloose
Sunday 8th March 2009, 22:13
Cheers matey,

we just done a dyno day today for citroen saxo forum, had 12 cars on the rollers, its been a fantastic day, so really lookin forward to our volvo one!!

:partysmil

Craig

can saxo's get the dyno wheels turning ;)

is this place your place Craig ?

cragmaz
Monday 9th March 2009, 21:58
can saxo's get the dyno wheels turning ;)

is this place your place Craig ?

Not exactly, belongs to my fiance and her brother, i help out with the dyno days, usually doing all the organising.

There were some nice little saxo`s and pugs on sunday, changed my view on them, strong little engines, rev well beyond 7000!!!

Craig

Baj
Tuesday 10th March 2009, 03:52
I went past at 9.30 on Sunday and saw you outside.

Came back past around midday and saw all the little cars.

straight5
Wednesday 11th March 2009, 14:13
Hi Craig,
As I mentioned before I still hope to come along, but won't know if I can until the week running up to that weekend. Just wondered if you guys have Autologic Diagnostics or similar, as I need my 2nd hand heater control panel programmed in fully. Is this the sort of thing you guys are able to do. (Main stealers will only programme in brand new ones which are £500 ish).

cragmaz
Saturday 21st March 2009, 08:45
Hi Craig,
As I mentioned before I still hope to come along, but won't know if I can until the week running up to that weekend. Just wondered if you guys have Autologic Diagnostics or similar, as I need my 2nd hand heater control panel programmed in fully. Is this the sort of thing you guys are able to do. (Main stealers will only programme in brand new ones which are £500 ish).

should be fine mate, but will have to check.

cragmaz
Saturday 21st March 2009, 09:00
c`mon guys need them deposits in, only got 3 so far, if i cant get a min of 8/10 i wont be able to book the dyno.:frown:

i know money is tight an its not while 26th of april, but really want to do this, cant wait to see the "big boys" on the dyno, should be awesome.:smileypul

Cheers

Craig

rimmer100
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 19:45
So Far then :

1. Me, (cragmaz) 855 T5
2. t5 Pete
3. pault5estate
4. T5 Rob
5. rimmer100
6. mauler
7. tomcat
8. T4_Al
9. Cameron (provisional)
10. Screwloose

got room for another couple (poss 3) if anyone else wants to join us, a couple of "R" models would be interesting, :pimp2:

Oh,Gunna need deposits soon too,as i have to book the dyno out for the day, £20 should do it, either by paypal or cheque, paypal best tho, send to : big.craig@live.co.uk.

Cheers guys, really lookin forward to it:partysmil

Craig

£20 sent by paypal :) looking forward to it

Tomcat
Tuesday 31st March 2009, 20:41
Sorry guys, temporarily skint, I had to go sign on on Monday so it's going to be in rather short supply for the time being.

cragmaz
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 09:37
Sorry guys, temporarily skint, I had to go sign on on Monday so it's going to be in rather short supply for the time being.

sorry to hear that TC, hope your luck changes soon matey

all the best

Craig

Volvostorm
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 21:02
Just send my deposit :D

Baj
Thursday 2nd April 2009, 12:07
Still pop down TC. I am going for the meet not the run

PAVLIE
Thursday 2nd April 2009, 18:15
c`mon guys need them deposits in, only got 3 so far, if i cant get a min of 8/10 i wont be able to book the dyno.:frown:

i know money is tight an its not while 26th of april, but really want to do this, cant wait to see the "big boys" on the dyno, should be awesome.:smileypul

Cheers

Craig

Sorry Craig, i was tempted, very tempted, and i only live just up the road, but unfortunately i am working nights that weekend so wont be able to make it. If i get up in time i might nip down to show my face thoughpeepo

Tomcat
Thursday 2nd April 2009, 20:40
Still pop down TC. I am going for the meet not the run

I'd love to, but if I can afford to drive over then I could probably afford to run as well.

cragmaz
Friday 3rd April 2009, 00:42
Sorry Craig, i was tempted, very tempted, and i only live just up the road, but unfortunately i am working nights that weekend so wont be able to make it. If i get up in time i might nip down to show my face thoughpeepo

thats a shame , would have loved to have seen your beast on the dyno

craig

rimmer100
Saturday 4th April 2009, 14:48
Hi Craig,

Just out of interest how many are coming so far??

Mark

:beer:

T4_Al
Saturday 4th April 2009, 19:03
10 so far isnt it? Cant wait to get my car on the rollers!

PAVLIE
Saturday 4th April 2009, 19:13
Just out of interest, do they like automatics? some dyno's do not let autos run!

Volvostorm
Saturday 4th April 2009, 19:32
I think they are ok with auto's, was asked earlier in thread :)

rimmer100
Sunday 5th April 2009, 01:39
thats good to know as mines geartronic... havent had problems in the past with previous autos on rollers, my last car the skyine was an auto and gave out some good numbers on the rollers at a different place

T4_Al
Monday 6th April 2009, 23:05
...If you want to boost the numbers attending Craig, my mate wouldnt mind running his car (he was at the last volvo RR day at Awesome GTi) His 300ZX TT ran (not a volvo I know, but is still a great car) Hes got the boost leaks sorted now so is itching to see what power she will make :)

cragmaz
Friday 10th April 2009, 22:34
10 so far isnt it? Cant wait to get my car on the rollers!

Hi Guys, sorry i ant been on for a bit, really busy with ma house (building it!!!)

just a couple of things,

Only got 5 deposits in so far :worried:, need a min of 8, to get the dyno, so not lookin good so far, need more deposits people!

Auto`s are fine, and if anyones friends want to come with a non volvo for a run, then thats cool :B_steerin, the more the merrier!!! :biggrin:

thanks guys

Craig

T4_Al
Saturday 11th April 2009, 20:57
Ok Craig, Il speak to my mate and get him to cough up the deposit.

COME ON PEOPLE, GET DEPOSITS IN SO WE CAN DO THIS!!!

cragmaz
Sunday 12th April 2009, 10:06
Ok Craig, Il speak to my mate and get him to cough up the deposit.

COME ON PEOPLE, GET DEPOSITS IN SO WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Cool, Cheers Al.;)

cragmaz
Thursday 16th April 2009, 00:02
bump!!!!

come on people!!!!

T5 ROB
Thursday 16th April 2009, 11:26
Hi Craig, Hows it going with the deposits and is is still on for next weekend.

Cheers, Rob

Volvostorm
Thursday 16th April 2009, 20:39
Hi Craig, Hows it going with the deposits and is is still on for next weekend.

Cheers, Rob

Oh S***!!! Is it really next weekend? :jaw:

T4_Al
Thursday 16th April 2009, 23:01
Hi Crag, just paid another deposit for my mate who is definatly coming along now. Add him to the list as (Sean-300ZX).

Really looking forward to this :)

cragmaz
Friday 17th April 2009, 01:10
Hi Crag, just paid another deposit for my mate who is definatly coming along now. Add him to the list as (Sean-300ZX).

Really looking forward to this :)

Cool, cheers Al, that big ol beast shold be intertesting. lookin forward to it.;)

only got 6 deposits in so far, ideally needed 8 min, but will have to try and confirm that we can still go ahead with 6, shame if we cant get any more.:frown:
Really been lookin forward to gettin a wide mix of volvo`s, new an old on the dyno

Had loads of interest initially, so where ya all gone???, come on guys, lets get a couple more an have an ace day eh! :beer:

Any one else wi mates with non volvo`s who would like to get on the dyno are more than welcome, as are spectators, the more the merrier!!!

cheers guys

craig

T4_Al
Saturday 18th April 2009, 15:40
Hi Craig. Just wandering if there be any experienced mechanics to hand on the day? Any idea what time the whole thing starts?

rimmer100
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 21:09
Any update on if this is going ahead?

Also has anybody anyideas where i can get a reducer hose from pretty quickly so i can have my apexi induction kit fitted by sunday :)

T4_Al
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 21:46
...Try this ebay site. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Nice-New-Car-Ltd_Silicon-Hose_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ15752187QQftidZ2QQtZkm

My mate needed some reducers for his intercooler pipework and they came next day delivery! Quality is good and they are probably one of the cheapest places for silicone stuff.

cragmaz
Tuesday 21st April 2009, 23:48
Any update on if this is going ahead?

Also has anybody anyideas where i can get a reducer hose from pretty quickly so i can have my apexi induction kit fitted by sunday :)

HiYa buddy, sorry for not updating, moved house over the weekend , so things have been a bit mad to say the least!!!

Anyways, were def still on, meeting at the venue at 9.30am, its just off the armly gyratory on wellington bridge, postcode for your satnav is LS12 1DR, dead easy to find.

Only 8 of us so far, plus my mate with a tuned evo 4, so not as good of a turn out as i hoped for, but should still be ace to meet you all and droll over the motors!!!, really lookin forward to it!!!

Cheers guys

Craig

Baj
Wednesday 22nd April 2009, 00:30
Just to add; to get to it you need to be coming from the Leeds side towards the M621.
If coming from the other way keep left and go down the offramp. Stay right and follow the loop round past the Yorks Evening Post building. Stay left on the upramp.

straight5
Wednesday 22nd April 2009, 11:26
Im afraid I am definately working on Sunday. Sorry I couldnt make it, I would have loved to see what I could get out of the car, as well as nosying around everyone elses cars. Sorry.

PAVLIE
Wednesday 22nd April 2009, 12:05
sorry i am not going to be able to make the meet craig, i promise i will be there for the next one

I might even try organise onr for later in the year with a posting on T5D5 as well if nobody has any objections that is

cragmaz
Wednesday 22nd April 2009, 12:05
Im afraid I am definately working on Sunday. Sorry I couldnt make it, I would have loved to see what I could get out of the car, as well as nosying around everyone elses cars. Sorry.

no worries matey!
maybe next time eh

craig

cragmaz
Wednesday 22nd April 2009, 12:12
Hi Craig. Just wandering if there be any experienced mechanics to hand on the day? Any idea what time the whole thing starts?

Al, there will be 2 (the best 2) guys operating the dyno, both are mega experienced.
Chris, the co. owner/Dyno Operator and my future bro in law, has been runner up twice in a row of the "Bright Spark" National technician of the year events and obviously knows his stuff.
Damien, is the garage foreman and Dyno operator too, and is chris`s right hand man, whenever my car is in the garage, only these 2 are allowed to work on it, as they are both excellent machanics.
oh and then me, an ex mechanic, but now in the printing trade, but still keep me hand in.;)

Hope this helps

see ya sunday

craig

cragmaz
Wednesday 22nd April 2009, 12:13
sorry i am not going to be able to make the meet craig, i promise i will be there for the next one

I might even try organise onr for later in the year with a posting on T5D5 as well if nobody has any objections that is

Soz you cant come mate, if ya wanna organise owt, if ya want a hand then give me a nudge.

craig

PAVLIE
Wednesday 22nd April 2009, 12:19
if i did organise one for later in the year it would also give any of you guys running this time to get some mods done before a re-run to see what improvements it has made.

I will give you a shout craig later on in the year

rimmer100
Wednesday 22nd April 2009, 13:20
HiYa buddy, sorry for not updating, moved house over the weekend , so things have been a bit mad to say the least!!!

Anyways, were def still on, meeting at the venue at 9.30am, its just off the armly gyratory on wellington bridge, postcode for your satnav is LS12 1DR, dead easy to find.

Only 8 of us so far, plus my mate with a tuned evo 4, so not as good of a turn out as i hoped for, but should still be ace to meet you all and droll over the motors!!!, really lookin forward to it!!!

Cheers guys

Craig

Cool, see ya sunday then.

Better get the t cut out got some scratches to remove !! blooming car parks!

T4_Al
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 11:09
Thanks for the info Craig. We are all coming up there together: Me+1, Sean300ZX, PaulT5Estate+1...So 5 people in total.

:o)

Volvostorm
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 19:12
How much was the day? I can't remember!!!

Can I pay by card, or do I have to make a trip to the bank???

Tomcat
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 19:22
I was going to have a ride up as I've managed to claw a little money together, however, my daughters now going bloody horse riding on Sunday's so that's shot that idea in the foot!!.

850 t5 vs 600cc
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 20:59
Hi, just joined this forum so did not know about this. I can't come because of the distance and having lost my job its not really top of the list of things to sort out. Enjoy your weekend, Dave

Tomcat
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 21:18
Don't worry I'm sure there will be more meets in the near future that will be nearer to you.

cragmaz
Friday 24th April 2009, 00:19
How much was the day? I can't remember!!!

Can I pay by card, or do I have to make a trip to the bank???

£40 mate,you already paid £20 deposit.

Cash would be best if poss,or just paypal the other 20 quid to me if you prefer.

craig

cragmaz
Friday 24th April 2009, 00:21
I was going to have a ride up as I've managed to claw a little money together, however, my daughters now going bloody horse riding on Sunday's so that's shot that idea in the foot!!.

shame you cant make it T.C., would have been good to meet ya, never mind, next time eh?

craig

cragmaz
Friday 24th April 2009, 00:23
Anybody who wants to come and pay on the day, volvo or non volvo,is welcome to do so, the more the merrier!!!!

Craig

Tomcat
Friday 24th April 2009, 07:17
What time is everyone getting there?.

Baj
Friday 24th April 2009, 13:00
I am planning on trundling down at 10ish to say hi.
It is a Sunday morning though so who knows!

Tomcat
Friday 24th April 2009, 13:24
IF I come and it will be an IF then I won't be able to get there until at least 2pm, I don't want to turn up just as everyone's leaving.

cragmaz
Saturday 25th April 2009, 11:28
meeting at the venue at 9.30 people.

cant wait!!!!

See ya all in the morning

craig

cameron
Saturday 25th April 2009, 20:44
Anybody taking the Mrs and kiddies ?

rimmer100
Sunday 26th April 2009, 17:30
Hi just a quick one to say it was nice to meet up with you guys today.sorry i had to slope off early.

cameron what sort of figures did your put out in the end??

cameron
Sunday 26th April 2009, 18:19
Nice to meet a few more faces today.

Rimmer you should have got a print out of your first run ;) you know the 480bhp one :D

Eh Eh Eh let me go find my Print Out :doh:

In the end he got my car to run ok and i got the following figures

247.5bhp @ 5875rpm and 161.8 mph @ 0.9bar :)

Im fairly happy although i would have liked to break the 250bhp mark.

Although the guy that done the runs said that the intake temp was 27.0c and it was a bit too hot :( the booth was enclosed ;)

He went on to say that i could add on maybe another 10bhp if i was driving in the cold air so a reading of about 257bhp makes me well chuffed.

Was a very good set up otherwise and very helpful, easy to find as well, all in all a good meet :)

Craig if i can get my car to look half as good as yours i'll be very happy matey, lovely looking car :B_thumb:

rimmer100
Sunday 26th April 2009, 18:43
so did any other cars go on after yours then cameron?
still pretty impressive figures.... yeah think i`ll stick with the 480 bhp run :)

cameron
Sunday 26th April 2009, 18:45
Yeah matey there was a Mitsi Evo that went on afterwards but the misses was giving me ear ache so im not sure what it pulled.

T4_Al
Sunday 26th April 2009, 19:41
A good day, my thanks to Craig and his brother in law for the assistance on site and glad to have met some more people. Seriously impressed with your car rimmer, nice to meet you aswell.

Your car sounded very angry on the Rollers Cameron, and it goes like stink for an auto. Thanks for the test run :)

I am happy that my car is running ok and producing steady fuel and boost curves but I dont believe the ECU has been remapped, if it was I should have made an extra 35hp.
The 2.5 Jetex system, panel filter and decat have given me an extra 15hp which I am pretty happy with.

cragmaz
Sunday 26th April 2009, 20:27
Hi Guys, just a quickie to thank you all for coming today, it was good to meet you all, and see some interesting cars and results on the dyno, its just a shame more did`nt turn up who expressed their initial interest.

rimmer, never, ever seen a car do 162mph on there, o.m.g.:eye-poppi

all in all a very good day with no casualties, all the cars were running well with no apparant problems so well done everybody!!!

as of tommoro, were sorting out better cooling in the cell, with ceiling fans and a massive one on the back wall to suck out hot air so as the keep the air circulating better and the temps down.

Glad you were all happy and thanks for coming and the positive comments, thanks cam for your comments on my motor, fitting a MBC this week and gunna get her back on the rollers, will be aiming for about 275/280 bhp, an that will do me.

once again cheers lads ;)

cragmaz
Sunday 26th April 2009, 20:29
Yeah matey there was a Mitsi Evo that went on afterwards but the misses was giving me ear ache so im not sure what it pulled.

evo 6 did 336 an evo 4 did 328 i think, bit spectacular with popping and banging from the anti-lag!!

Tomcat
Sunday 26th April 2009, 20:32
Gutted I couldn't make this, especially as I ended up sitting at home minding my little girl instead, hopefully I'll come next time if I'm back in work.

Volvostorm
Sunday 26th April 2009, 21:18
Is there any pictures of today's events? :)

cameron
Sunday 26th April 2009, 22:50
rimmer, never, ever seen a car do 162mph on there, o.m.g.:eye-poppi

Ah well you see you wait and wait and then 2 do it on the same day :)

Mine did 162.1 @ 5885rpm :B_thumb:

I'll have to come back up mate once the cooling has been sorted and maybe i'll fit a wee MBC and Boost gauge ;)

t5 pete
Sunday 26th April 2009, 22:52
Hi lee was the car toped out at that speed or did it have a little more

cameron
Sunday 26th April 2009, 22:58
It wasnt red lined pete

The rollers said excessive speed with flashing red lights underneath :D

So maybe a wee tiny bit more :confused:

rimmer100
Sunday 26th April 2009, 23:01
Ah well you see you wait and wait and then 2 do it on the same day :)

Mine did 162.1 @ 5885rpm :B_thumb:

I'll have to come back up mate once the cooling has been sorten and maybe i'll fit a wee MBC and Boost gauge ;)

Like busses then..... :)

New exhaust for me, might squeeze a bit more out of it :eye-poppi:eye-poppi

cameron
Sunday 26th April 2009, 23:04
Id love a new exhaust and DP but finances are a wee bit short at the mo :(

MBC's are fairly cheap and i'll get a decent gauge as well, im not happy with 0.9 bar :mad:

Im still on the lookout for wheels though :(

Volvostorm
Monday 27th April 2009, 08:58
Id love a new exhaust and DP but finances are a wee bit short at the mo :(

MBC's are fairly cheap and i'll get a decent gauge as well, im not happy with 0.9 bar :mad:

Im still on the lookout for wheels though :(

That all? Mine was boosting to 0.79bar or 11.4psi

yours is 13.05psi

Volvostorm
Monday 27th April 2009, 09:00
Oh, and thanks Craig for arranging a great day out :partysmil:eclipsee_

T5 ROB
Monday 27th April 2009, 09:16
Just wanted to day thanks to Craig for great day and his advice, it was good to put some faces to the names as well.

I'll be getting mine sorted for next time and hopefully have it running cooler.

Cheers, Rob

Tomcat
Monday 27th April 2009, 09:37
Did anyone taking any photo's??

T5 ROB
Monday 27th April 2009, 09:49
I know Craig was taking some, hopefully he'll post them.

T5 ROB
Monday 27th April 2009, 14:41
I think i've found my problem, the intercooler i'm using which i was told was made for the car, apparently, is a cheap one off ebay rated at a maximum of 300 bhp, i've found another one rated at 450 bhp which should fit and is quite alot bigger so hopefully the high temps will be sorted.

We'll see on the next dyno day.

t5 pete
Monday 27th April 2009, 14:43
I think i've found my problem, the intercooler i'm using which i was told was made for the car, apparently, is a cheap one off ebay rated at a maximum of 300 bhp, i've found another one rated at 450 bhp which should fit and is quite alot bigger so hopefully the high temps will be sorted.

We'll see on the next dyno day.

What problem did you have

T5 ROB
Monday 27th April 2009, 19:43
I've installed a FMIC and my intake temperatures were way too high, they said it would be around 290ish if the cooler was bigger, I had a look at Craigs and his was about the same thickness but three times bigger.

I guess you live and you learn, more expense now with bigger cooler, blue injectors and uprated fuel pump to stop it running lean at top end. I'd be happy with 290 on a 15G.

cameron
Monday 27th April 2009, 20:38
Yeah the intake temps were pretty high :(

I'll have to go back once they have installed the big fans and extractor units.

Good lads and good to find someone that can run autos without any problems :D

T4_Al you have a pm buddy :D

cragmaz
Tuesday 28th April 2009, 16:08
thanks for all the good comments guys, i took a few photo`s wi me phone, but they have come out a bit crap, also i am having hassle trying to put thm on here, keeps saying file size is too big!!!

Cam, i am putting a MBC on mine this week and having a play about with it, will let you know of the results.

catch ya later

craig

Baj
Tuesday 28th April 2009, 16:36
Start a photobucket account and upload them there. It has resize tools plus the code needed to post them here easily.

T4_Al
Tuesday 28th April 2009, 18:15
Glad to hear you have found the hot running issue with your car Rob, it did sound and look impressive on the day though. Good luck fitting it all. Hope to see you guys back on a RR sometime to see new improved results!

Ive got a 3'' stainless downpipe going on mine next week and then hopefully a cold air carbon induction kit. From my run its evident that my car isnt running the RICA ECU remap so once ive got all my mods done I think il go up there and get it live mapped. Was really impressed with the garage, rolling road, staff on the day etc.

Lee, you got PM mate!

PAVLIE
Tuesday 28th April 2009, 23:32
:worthless

No piccies WTF!

cragmaz
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 21:57
ok here goes with the pics!!!

http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg327/cragmaz/?newest=1

hope this works!!!

craig

volvolised
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 22:37
Glad you had a good day....Anyone got any runfiles/dyno graphs ???????

cragmaz
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 22:50
Appologies to T4Al, when i uploaded pis of your motor, sed it was corrupt (???), so could`nt do it, sorry pal!

Craig

cragmaz
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 23:37
Glad you had a good day....Anyone got any runfiles/dyno graphs ???????

yep,they all got em matey.
;)

rimmer100
Thursday 30th April 2009, 15:10
theres mine...... :biggrin:

volvolised
Thursday 30th April 2009, 20:21
Not getting a great read of graph but that is running soooo lean..(its fecking dangerous ) now i'm no expert but i would say it drops of at just after 3K as its into protection mode..why did you guys run in 5th ?.

rimmer100
Thursday 30th April 2009, 20:30
its an auto, and was run in 3rd so i belive

volvolised
Thursday 30th April 2009, 20:40
didn't know it was auto..is it me7 ?? looks it from avatar (went by 5th cos of speed calc)

rimmer100
Thursday 30th April 2009, 21:14
yeah it an me7. I have also put the bsr ppc 320, and also i have put my apxi induction kit on it... out of interest what makes you think its running lean ?? (new to volvo`s u see)

cragmaz
Thursday 30th April 2009, 23:04
Not getting a great read of graph but that is running soooo lean..(its fecking dangerous ) now i'm no expert but i would say it drops of at just after 3K as its into protection mode..why did you guys run in 5th ?.

no mate,your reading graph wrong, its a bit lean to begin with but richens up in sync with boost pressure, she holds more or less a bar of boost with the afr`s around 12, thats ££££ on, 12 ish is bob on fuelling, richens up with the boost, thus keeping the engine supplied with more than adequete fuel, keeping the cylinders/pistons cool and ensuring no detonation.

this car is running spot on, a real surprise and very, very impressive, a proper sleeper,!!! mo worries mark, she is ££££ on!

Craig

cragmaz
Thursday 30th April 2009, 23:07
its an auto, and was run in 3rd so i belive

ran up in winter mode, and accelerated gently to avoid any kickdown, then once past 4k, gave it full mashins, as accurate as we could get with an auto, but would say plus or minus 10bhp max, very strong car this was!!! proper flyin` armchair , ha ha!!!

volvolised
Friday 1st May 2009, 06:49
ran up in winter mode, and accelerated gently to avoid any kickdown, then once past 4k, gave it full mashins, as accurate as we could get with an auto, but would say plus or minus 10bhp max, very strong car this was!!! proper flyin` armchair , ha ha!!!

Cheers for that yes did read as manual to start, very good running.....

rimmer100
Friday 1st May 2009, 06:52
no mate,your reading graph wrong, its a bit lean to begin with but richens up in sync with boost pressure, she holds more or less a bar of boost with the afr`s around 12, thats ££££ on, 12 ish is bob on fuelling, richens up with the boost, thus keeping the engine supplied with more than adequete fuel, keeping the cylinders/pistons cool and ensuring no detonation.

this car is running spot on, a real surprise and very, very impressive, a proper sleeper,!!! mo worries mark, she is ££££ on!

Craig

Yeah thought you said it was spot on, i was impressed with it on the rolling road myself, wasnt really expecting it to do that good :)

now waiting for july and the rwyb at york.... see how quick i can go in a straight line LOL!! :biggrin: :bounce::bounce:

WOODY T5
Saturday 2nd May 2009, 18:58

cheers

craig what date is it on thanks dean

Volvostorm
Saturday 2nd May 2009, 22:13
what date is it on thanks dean

It was last sunday mate, the 26th April

rimmer100
Sunday 3rd May 2009, 01:29
what date is it on thanks dean

sure there will be another one soon....
hopefully when i have the new exhaust fitted :)