PDA

View Full Version : Any upgrade radio suggestion's?

mark_eire
Saturday 10th January 2009, 23:19
I'm looking for suggestion's for an upgrade radio for my 850R!
My standard system has the amp etc but I don't think I can use that with an aftermarket system. What radio's have you used and would you recommend using the same one?
I want to achieve the best sound using existing speaker's without having to upgrade those aswell!
Thanks....

t5 pete
Saturday 10th January 2009, 23:39
I always use sony i have a sony in my t5 and the sound was much better its a 16bit head unit with 4x52 watts also has the outputs for a sub which i use and with the standard speakers for the sound and the sub for the bass the sound is A1

MrMopp
Saturday 10th January 2009, 23:40
Personal preference go with decent Pioneer :)

mark_eire
Sunday 11th January 2009, 01:34
I'm trying to keep with the green dash light theme! I'm probably being a bit fussy here but I just hate the newer radios with lights dancing around! I just want something with the same colour lights as the rest of the switches in the dash!
Thanks again.....

volvokid
Sunday 11th January 2009, 02:19
If you can afford it get something with a double din, I think single din units look stupidly small in our dashboards I’m yet to see one I like.

mark_eire
Sunday 11th January 2009, 13:24
If you can afford it get something with a double din, I think single din units look stupidly small in our dashboards I’m yet to see one I like.

I've got a single din 3 gauge pod (boost, oil temp, oil pressure) out of a jap car which I'm going to put in along with a single din radio! That's the plan anyway.... It should look good as it also lights up green and has orange needles!! I do like everything to match!! lol

t5 stealth
Sunday 11th January 2009, 16:33
i got a kenwood 725dvd single din with pop out screen in mine,
i can choose red or green lights,i too prefer the illuminations to match.

Babybadger
Sunday 11th January 2009, 20:41
I'm looking for suggestion's for an upgrade radio for my 850R!
My standard system has the amp etc but I don't think I can use that with an aftermarket system. What radio's have you used and would you recommend using the same one?
I want to achieve the best sound using existing speaker's without having to upgrade those aswell!
Thanks....

Just put one of these earlier in the year, it doesn't dance all of the place, has bluetooth handsfree builtin, sub out (links up to my Pioneer active spare wheel subwoofer - this also gives it a nice deep base without sounding like a subwoofer on wheels!) , MP3, WMA and it sounds superb. £140 fitted at Halfords all in....

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/ica-bluetooth-car-stereo/mex-bt3600u

The other one I looked at, and good luck finding one, was a Nakamichi CD 500. They will look great in the dash and sound awesome, but have heard they can be unreliable....