PDA

View Full Version : evap

zoomungus
Saturday 10th January 2009, 22:04
:pants: think i have all the signs of evap failure, so any tips, tricks, witchcraft etc please

stainesy
Saturday 10th January 2009, 22:22
:pants: think i have all the signs of evap failure, so any tips, tricks, witchcraft etc please

whats evap failure?

zoomungus
Saturday 10th January 2009, 23:02
emissions system, there is a valve thats opens and sucks all the petrol fumes from a charcoal canister into the inlet manifold, if the valve fails you get high tickover, strange running, stalling and petrol smell. ive got all these!

PNuT
Sunday 11th January 2009, 08:41
ive removed mine completely...... well except the electrical side of things....

zoomungus
Sunday 11th January 2009, 08:46
thats what im gonna do right now, which are the hoses that need to go?

you at red lodge?

PNuT
Sunday 11th January 2009, 09:03
i blocked the pipes at the inlet & intake pipe & removed everything right up to the fuel tank.....

the fueltank end took slightly more work as origionally i blocked it completely & i was getting alot of pressure build up so have just left it venting to the atmosphere now & havent had any problems since......

PNuT
Sunday 11th January 2009, 09:03
sorry.... yer red lodge suffolk....

zoomungus
Sunday 11th January 2009, 10:05
not far from barton mills?

cold as a witches tit!

zoomungus
Sunday 11th January 2009, 10:06
you will have to show me i cant find it lol

PNuT
Sunday 11th January 2009, 10:51
not far from barton mills?

cold as a witches tit!

err about 3 miles lol

its warmer today

zoomungus
Sunday 11th January 2009, 13:00
watch out for a red t5 up and down that stretch of the A11, dont blink or you will miss it lol

zoomungus
Sunday 11th January 2009, 13:11
i may have done something right lol i changed the fuel cap and hunted round for the valve, i did not find the valve(must be on cannister) but i did find another air leak(plugged) runs better now, i really have to put my new discs on as the present ones wobble like warp factor 9 lol and this will be shagging my suspension even more than its already shagged. where on the inlet is the hose for the evap?

zoomungus
Sunday 11th January 2009, 13:13
its warmer today

it was cold as a witches tit when i got up, sunny now!

PNuT
Sunday 11th January 2009, 16:07
i may have done something right lol i changed the fuel cap and hunted round for the valve, i did not find the valve(must be on cannister) but i did find another air leak(plugged) runs better now, i really have to put my new discs on as the present ones wobble like warp factor 9 lol and this will be shagging my suspension even more than its already shagged. where on the inlet is the hose for the evap?

its usually the bottom of the three hoses under the throttle housing.... the evap valve itself is usually clamped to the radiator fan clowling below the air inlet pipe that feeds the air box

PNuT
Sunday 11th January 2009, 16:08
watch out for a red t5 up and down that stretch of the A11, dont blink or you will miss it lol

catch me if you can ;)

& watch out for the st220's ;)

PNuT
Sunday 11th January 2009, 16:12
this may help ;)

zoomungus
Sunday 11th January 2009, 17:34
top man, it was hidden behind my cold air tubes. its s'posed to close at idle but i get a whiff at idle and the engine idle is high. what do i need to do? just cut it and plug it? what about the other end going to the canister?

car is running much better now i have sorted the other leak!

zoomungus
Sunday 11th January 2009, 17:36
st2220? do they lurk on the slip roads?

PNuT
Monday 12th January 2009, 03:47
top man, it was hidden behind my cold air tubes. its s'posed to close at idle but i get a whiff at idle and the engine idle is high. what do i need to do? just cut it and plug it? what about the other end going to the canister?

car is running much better now i have sorted the other leak!

i removed the canister & pipework right up to the fuel tank

PNuT
Monday 12th January 2009, 03:48
st2220? do they lurk on the slip roads?

yer.... they dont seem as volvo freindly as the normal police ;)

zoomungus
Monday 12th January 2009, 04:35
probably traffic police, the normal plod cant nick you for speeding because their speedo's are not calibrated, not that i ever speed mind you, i am a volvo driver after all:P

badger1980
Tuesday 13th January 2009, 02:54
30 all the way

zoomungus
Tuesday 13th January 2009, 07:27
might want to put a 1 in front of that!