PDA

View Full Version : Problem with a HU850

richiemat
Thursday 8th January 2009, 22:21
Hello All,

Somehow my HU850 has managed to get 'stuck' internally today ..i believe disk 2 is the culprit as the only message i am getting when i press eject is:

'CD 2 Ejecting.....'

then

'CD Error'

Lots of whirring and clicking noises but no CD is ejected or played since the disk got stuck. Does anyone know how to get a disk out manually ... without using a hammer??!

Rich

Baj
Friday 9th January 2009, 00:50
Take it out, take the lid off and poke about.

richiemat
Friday 9th January 2009, 17:04
Thanks baj,

Done that, there was a loose piece of metal inside... looks like some sort of clamping plate and the top cd disc 6 or 1 has come off the carrier in the process and is preventing the others from being ejected.

Not good

S Singh
Saturday 28th February 2009, 02:03
No doubt some of the metal clamping disks are broken, i have a few lying around from my radio (HU850) if u still in need of any.

richiemat
Saturday 28th February 2009, 11:00
No doubt some of the metal clamping disks are broken, i have a few lying around from my radio (HU850) if u still in need of any.

hi,

thanks for the offer

yes the clamping rings were broken. I managed to get the unit replaced foc from the dealer I bought it from as at the time it failed I hadn't owned it long. It has potential to fail again in time though if its got the same internals in the refurbished one. How long did yours last?

S Singh
Saturday 28th February 2009, 12:59
i did not refurb mine, put a usb dvd player inside the radio instead so it looks original.