reaching 62mph from rest in just 6.9 seconds and running to a top speed
that is limited to 155mph.
Exclusivity is also standard in the 850 T-5R package with just 2,500
examples of the car available worldwide, with a mere 200 of those
earmarked for UK customers.
Modified Turbo
At the heart of the car is a modified turbocharging system for the
five-cylinder engine which gives an increased boost for no more than 30
seconds. The smoothness and flexibility of the standard 850 T-5 has not been sacrificed though, ensuring that the T -5R is a pleasure to drive in all traffic conditions

In addition to the eyecatching exterior paintwork, the T -5R gains a lower, more
aggressive front spoiler and foglamps as standard, whilst the 17" graphite grey alloy
wheels shod with Pirelli P-Zero tyres are obviously inspired by Volvo's involvement
in BTCC racing.
This wheel and tyre combination, along with lowered suspension and stiffer springs,
ensure that the T -SR has a handling package that places driver enjoyment firmly to
the fore.
But like all Volvo's the T -SR can also seat five people in comfort and offers an
impressive list of standard safety features including ABS, driver's side airbag,
integrated rear child seat, five three-point safety belts and Volvo's unique SIPS (side
impact protection system) and SIPS airbag.
Leather and wood trim
The interior of the T -5R also reflects its limited edition status. The dark grey leather
seats are trimmed with a suede-like material called Amaretta, as are the door panels
and steering wheel.
Wood inlays in specially black-tinted walnut surround the instruments, gear lever and
centre console to add to the car's air of exclusivity. A final touch are the black floor
mats with the T -5R logo stitched in yellow.

Apart from the choice of saloon and estate versions, customers for the T-SR can also
order either a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic gearbox

Most of the cars scheduled to reach UK customers are already sold to enthusiasts and collectors.
Prices are £27,800 for the saloon and £28,840 for the estate.

850 T-5R SPECIFICATION
Output: 240bhp at 5600 rpm
Torque: 300 Nm at 2000 - 5600 rpm
Cylinders: 5
Bore 81 mm
Stroke 90 mm
Cubic capacity 2319
Compression ratio 8.5:1
No of valves 20
Top speed 155 mph
0-62 mph 6.9 seconds (Saloon)
7.0 seconds
(Estate)
Fuel Consumption
Urban 56mph 75mph
Manual 21.9 mpg 40.0 mpg 33.2 mpg
Automatic 19.9 mpg 42.8 mpg 33.6 mpg
Prices
850 T -5R Saloon £27,800
T
-5R Estate £28,840
Standard Equipment
Electric glass sunroof
Electric memory front seats
TRACE
5 spoke 17" alloy wheels with 205/45ZR tyres
SIPS bag
Front bumper with integrated spoiler
Rear spoiler (Saloon only)
Roof rails (Estate only)
Luggage net (Estate only)
Load compensating suspension (Estate only)
Interior
Grey leather and suede upholstery/black walnut dash
Optional Equipment
Passenger airbag £300
Automatic transmission £935

irf
Wednesday 7th January 2009, 20:58
As already said, it's just the ECU that facilitates 30 seconds more boost then standard. the hardware ie. the engine, turbo etc are the same.

stainesy
Wednesday 7th January 2009, 21:04
As already said, it's just the ECU that facilitates 30 seconds more boost then standard. the hardware ie. the engine, turbo etc are the same.

yeah cheers i was wondering how a turbo could do that. i have to say the 30 second boost is very noticable when flooring it. its a good idea as if floored from standing the car would reach nearly top speed after 30 seconds and if not top speed itl be bloooody fast well over 100mph.

the thing iv always wondered is when it goes back down after 30 seconds how long do you have to wait till it can do it again. if that makes any sence.
must be when ever its floored into kickdown

LesRED850R
Friday 9th January 2009, 09:53
yeah cheers i was wondering how a turbo could do that. i have to say the 30 second boost is very noticable when flooring it. its a good idea as if floored from standing the car would reach nearly top speed after 30 seconds and if not top speed itl be bloooody fast well over 100mph.

the thing iv always wondered is when it goes back down after 30 seconds how long do you have to wait till it can do it again. if that makes any sence.
must be when ever its floored into kickdown
YUP ! Hey Stainesy , did you get the "yellow stitched floor mats ' ??

850twr
Friday 9th January 2009, 14:27
just get a mbc then you'll have that all the time, or far more if you want. going to 14psi(or more if u grab a 304) from 10psi turns these cars into a different beast.

stainesy
Friday 9th January 2009, 17:30
YUP ! Hey Stainesy , did you get the "yellow stitched floor mats ' ??

yes mate i have the floor mats with the yellow stiched writting on them and yellow stitching.

stainesy
Friday 9th January 2009, 17:31
just get a mbc then you'll have that all the time, or far more if you want. going to 14psi(or more if u grab a 304) from 10psi turns these cars into a different beast.

i have an mbc just havnt fitted it. not sure i want to mess with the boost myself. would rather just get the rica or mte remap. was thinking rica but want to do more mods in future like 19t and stuff so thinking maybe mte would be better for me.