PDA

View Full Version : key won't flick out

RobbieH
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 15:09
Just to round off a bad day yesterday my flick out key fob won't flick out the key when I press the silver button. Managed to release the key bit from the main fob body but it's gone "all floppy". Looks like the springy bit is knackered. Anybody got any ideas on how to take these things apart with totally busting it or replacing the springy internal bits?

Cheers,
Robbie

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 15:52
I fixed a friends Peugeot key (I guess they're alike) by prising the key apart and turning the button, as that tensions the spring back up. Its very fiddly though.

RobbieH
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 16:20
Just had a go at dismantling the unit after reading similar posts on Volvo forums.
Took off the battery cover and removed the torks head screw. The fob unit then comes apart into two parts, one containing the battery (and presumably the electrical bits) and another with the key attached.
Can't see how to get at the springy bits, looks like the unit is made in two parts and welded together on assembly. I've tried to prise it apart but I'm scared of doing even more damage.

cookie
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 16:28
how cheap are 2nd hand fobs on ebay? get one to play with/canabalise

v70torslanda
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 18:40
From time at the stealer I don't know of a non-invasive way to get in to a 'flipper' key. I'd say the best way to sort it is to order a new key. This is available separate from the remote control. Ordering it while the car is in the bodyshop should save all the arse of having to provide ID etc. and the key can be programmed at the same time.

J