zoomungus
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 14:57
is it ok use injector cleaner?

Al115
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 15:00
A recognised brand, yes.

zoomungus
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 15:18
thats good, i have already put some in and its worked a treat. in my hand book it mentions not to. whew......i thought i dropped a massive clanger!

Al115
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 15:56
I've used Redex injector cleaner on petrol injectors loads of times and they've always been fine.

Alan M
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 16:19
You could use Jimathan's cleaning service which is very good.

zoomungus
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 17:26
yes I looked at the injector cleaning service and its another item on the to do list, first is new disks/pads then suspension and then fueling/exhaust.

jardon
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 18:46

+1. very good

5seaterT5x2
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 19:21
Both i and my sister amongst others have used FORTE with mucho success, excellent stuff.

zoomungus
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 20:56
i stuffed some stp goo in, running better now but i really want to be getting rid of the crankcase breather going into the turbo, time for a catch tank! a mountain dew tin should do it.

stainesy
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 21:00
i stuffed some stp goo in, running better now but i really want to be getting rid of the crankcase breather going into the turbo, time for a catch tank! a mountain dew tin should do it.

i have mine venting to atmos without a catch tank.

just pull it off and direct it to the front out the bottom of the car and block the hole in the air pie where it used to go. job done. then just get a catch tank when ever you feel like it.

mine seems to run alot better now iv done it.

pangster
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 21:13

I think this is the best long term solution.. although in the short term I've had good results with STP Injector Cleaner! :)

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/fuelinjectorcleaner.JPG

zoomungus
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 21:17
whats the other small tube next to the breather? can it be got rid of?

woz
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 23:47

why?

zoomungus
Sunday 4th January 2009, 00:57
that is really horrid goo that gets sucked in there and then mixes wth my nice clean petrol, mind you they are both still dinosaur fat, just one is clean fat, the other a semi emulsion?

Or do you mean the mountain dew tin? better than red bull, keep you awake for hours

redbaron
Sunday 4th January 2009, 14:49
lol @ ^^^ pikey time with the air pipes

stainesy
Sunday 4th January 2009, 15:55
whats the other small tube next to the breather? can it be got rid of?

the small pipe that goes to the same place as the breather is not needed. the small vacume pipe can be blocked off. i have blocked my small vacume pipe off and blocked the 2 small holes in the rubber bung in the air pipe.

stainesy
Sunday 4th January 2009, 15:56
so whats the deal with the injector cleaners. why are you guys using it?

zoomungus
Sunday 4th January 2009, 19:01
lol yep pikey time! good job i looked anyhoo as the pikeys had already been! the rubber connecting the plastic pipe to the turbo inlet was split and had been leaking. so lacking any tube i cut some garden hose and plonked it on, now exits beneath car, its stinky! no way i want that in the turbo or intercooler, i will sort a catch tank this week.

I think i need to start ££££ing again as i went to undo sump plug and could not do it, tight as a nuns chuff! i will wait till i get the car on the lift.

zoomungus
Sunday 4th January 2009, 19:01
yes injector cleaner! works a treat!