PDA

View Full Version : getting sound from dvd player

badger1980
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 05:39
hope someone can help ive got a single din cd radio with rca out puts for front rear and sub the problem lies with the single din dvd player i want to install it has rca outputs but my amp is only running my sub and i cant afford another to start amping all my speakers so how do i wire it for sound using my cd radio to control the volume cheers guys

t5 stealth
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 11:03
im assuming this is an aftermarket cd unit,
what make is it,
u shld have the iso plug in the back of the cd,
that feeds the speakers around the car,
the rca in the rear .....1 will be front output 1 will be rear output & 3rd if its a sony will be for an additional cd changer to plug into with an extra bus lead...
it it aint for cd changer then it may be a sub out,then that will go to the amp,then only the sub is boosted by the amp & the other speakers will be powred by the cd player (4x50watts etc) what ever output that cd has.
hope that makes sense

badger1980
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 23:08
my cd unit is a sony its CDX-CA850
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/car-audio/sony-cdx-ca850/details/
it has got 2 x audio line-out ( RCA phono x 2 )
1 x system components control bus
1 x subwoofer output ( RCA phono )

so would i be able to use one of the rca pairs to transmit sound from the single din dvd player to the cd unit so i can control the sound

t5 stealth
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 23:49
i dont think you can run a dvd from that set up,
the system bus lead is for an additional cd changer in the boot etc,
the other rca phono plugs are front & rear for amps,they are only a low output,i think they are both output & not an input,
an input would allow you to feed an audio signal from dvd unit through the sony....
i dont think its possible to run the set up your looking for mate...sorry :remybussi

badger1980
Sunday 4th January 2009, 00:26
just a stab in the dark could i get enough back on the radio and changer to purchase one that would do the job

t5 stealth
Sunday 4th January 2009, 01:03
why dont you go for the pop up screen type or somethin like that if you want dvd aswell,
i got a kenward 725 dvd in mine,single din.
plays dvd,mp3,cd,& i have a 10 disc changer in the boot,iv got a camera linked to it & a ps2 all from the one unit,
a lot of wires but less hassle lol.
its easy to buy a hi-fi but you gota think what you want from it before you but as there is so many units on the market,most all do the same thing but if you wana make it special then write down everythin you want from a system then see whats available in your price range,
i know halford do there own dvd/cd players which are ok but nothin to exciting,just depends what you want mate....hope that makes sense lol

Enigma666
Sunday 4th January 2009, 01:38
Kenwood 725 - lot of wires? That is an understatement if ever I heard one lol
I've got the 627 and the damn loom for that must have been 20+ wires. Great units though and not half bad pricewise either :)