PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Fob with mind of its own ??

Alv70t5
Friday 2nd January 2009, 21:27
HI Guys, and firstly HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ok that's got that out the way, although i do wish you all well!

I have read threads about this but dont believe i've seen a resolution?

I have a 2000 T5 V70 and recently in the cold the fob will not open the car ?

It always locks fine, but thats when the cars warmed up, it has been sub zero and down to -4.5 Degrees the other night.

I have fitted a new fob battery, and there has never been any fault or problem with the main car battery, which is i must say massive for the car, its bigger than my bro's D5 battery!

Its realy pi**ing me off! Just when i got all the kids and the wife winging, the dame thing totaly refuses to unlock! The only way i can do it is with the key then the alarm bares for the 10-15 sec's it takes me to take the disk lock off!

Sometimes the yellow button works and puts the lights on, and the lock always seens to operate, (you can hear it trying to lock even when locked) but the open hardly ever works?

I did pull the remote appart and found the rubber splash shield to be worn where the lock button was, after appling some carefully placed insulation tape it worked first time evertime, but that was to lock.

But no such luck with the Unlock, got a new fob off ebay, and hoping to get it sorted, however Johnsons want the earth to program it to the car, does anyone know how to do this or have the kit? I'm willing to pay for it !

your suggestions are welcome and if i find a fix, i will post it here you all :)!

P.S does anyone know a local garage/dealer with the security kit please??

Alv70t5
Thursday 8th January 2009, 16:53
Ok this tunred out to be a bust fob, there are two ways to fix, theres a repair kit off ebay for the fobs for £6, or a new genuine fob for £30. I did both!

Volvo dealer only programe but thats only another £30!