PDA

View Full Version : SC 802 help

24ggaarryy
Friday 2nd January 2009, 22:14
Hi and Happy New Year.

I have p1 v70 t5 with a sc 802 installed, I am assuming that this would not have been the original install in this car.

Anyway, couple of questions.

Can I replace the 802 with a standard radio /cd player or does it have a separate amp etc.

Can I get a conversion fitting to turn the twin din gap in the facia into a single din plus "space"

Any help much appreciated.

Enigma666
Friday 2nd January 2009, 22:41
Space wise, you can get a Volvo cubby din spaced (thing) for about £12 from Volvo I believe (I always hit the scrappies for these and used to have about 20 of them that all sold on ebay).

Yes you can replace the unit with aftermarket....you will need an adaptor (halfords or similar) to convert everything over to simple ISO connectors.
If you have the amplified version of the sound system then you will need a 6pin Din to 4 RCA convertor also.

Search google for Volvo amp convertor, they show up (normally about £20)

HTH

24ggaarryy
Friday 2nd January 2009, 23:12
Space wise, you can get a Volvo cubby din spaced (thing) for about £12 from Volvo I believe (I always hit the scrappies for these and used to have about 20 of them that all sold on ebay).

Yes you can replace the unit with aftermarket....you will need an adaptor (halfords or similar) to convert everything over to simple ISO connectors.
If you have the amplified version of the sound system then you will need a 6pin Din to 4 RCA convertor also.

Search google for Volvo amp convertor, they show up (normally about £20)

HTH

Thanks for all of that, just what I need, sorry to sound dim, but how do I find out if I have an amplified version or not.

Cheers

Enigma666
Friday 2nd January 2009, 23:17
That is a good question and one I don't know the answer to sadly......I have the Dolby setup in my C70 so I know mine is amplified so I am off to get the same cables as you are after.
There will be an amp in the boot if it is....oh and I suppose there will be a din connection into the headunit.
My 'guess' would be that the 802 is a self amplified unit though.
Pictures of the back would help with this (make sure you have your radio code first though)