PDA

View Full Version : Stock BCS Blue Hose??

BruceT
Friday 2nd January 2009, 12:50
Ive just fitted my new shiny samco esque elbows and stainless steel pipe to replace the plastic stock turbo inlet pipe.

Does the BLUE hose from the Volvo BCS HAVE to be connected to the inlet?

If yes, why?
If no, why?

I'd rather not have to make holes in my samco elbows.

Im also going to replace the stock BCS with a MBC (Set to 10-12PSI) purely to replace the stadard item due to fatigue and possible future power increases.

MBC is good for me because it only uses the 2 hoses so I wont have any hoses left over or have to plumb a hose into the samco.

If I set the MBC to 10psi is that perfectly okay and could be said it is stock and will not encounter any problems running a MBC at stock boost?

tandino
Friday 2nd January 2009, 12:58
No you dont have to tap into your new Samco's if your using a 2 way MBC,
MBC at 10psi is fine as youve said as you are not exceeding stock'ish boost pressure.
I would go for a ball and spring valve over the air bleed valve though.

Alan M
Friday 2nd January 2009, 13:00
You can use the MBC in conjunction with the BCV and set it to stock pressure. You could vent the BCV to atmosphere if you want or just completely remove the BCV and not need to run the discharge from it if you use a genuine MBC and not a bleed valve.

Alan M
Friday 2nd January 2009, 13:02
No you dont have to tap into your new Samco's if your using a 2 way MBC,
MBC at 10psi is fine as youve said as you are not exceeding stock'ish boost pressure.
I would go for a ball and spring valve over the air bleed valve though.

Beat me to it lol.

BruceT
Friday 2nd January 2009, 17:38
Thanks.

It will be a MBC, not a bleed valve.

Which hose's go onto the MBC then?

Just wanted to check that while running the standard BCS that blue hose did not need to be connected.

Alan M
Friday 2nd January 2009, 18:36
Compressor take off hose to the bottom of the MBC ball bearing sealing face then the outlet to the actuator. Or leave the BCV in place then the hose going to the actuator to the bottom of the MBC (from the BCV) then the outlet to the actuator.

BruceT
Friday 2nd January 2009, 21:21
Do you have a picture or which colour hose go where?
I work better with a pictures rather then text lol

AlanG
Wednesday 1st April 2009, 17:17
Just fitted an MBC to my HLM stage 1. Took 10mins and staying within the realms of the dash guage (bang on the end of the white section)am very pleased with the result. R-spec £30. Now I'm wondering how long my tyres will last!! It's lighting up the tyres in 2nd in the dry. Never did that before. Thinking DV now........someone stop me!!