PDA

View Full Version : Cambelt noises on 854

Pliskin
Thursday 1st January 2009, 12:37
Hi and a very Happy New Year to everyone.

Just a quick one with regards to the timing belt on my 96 854, which hs 111K on it and on these cold and frosty mornings, for want of a better description, sounds like part of it might be catching on the inside of the cover.

Once it is warmed up it is hardly noticable. The belt and tensioners were replaced about 2 years/ 6K miles ago.

Should I stop using the car until I can get belt looked at or is something that has been heard of before?

5seaterT5x2
Thursday 1st January 2009, 12:46
Hi and a very Happy New Year to everyone.

Just a quick one with regards to the timing belt on my 96 854, which hs 111K on it and on these cold and frosty mornings, for want of a better description, sounds like part of it might be catching on the inside of the cover.

Once it is warmed up it is hardly noticable. The belt and tensioners were replaced about 2 years/ 6K miles ago.

Should I stop using the car until I can get belt looked at or is something that has been heard of before?

if you suspect the belt? me i definately would'nt use it till checked, it's only one bolt whip the cover of and have a peak inside.

KARL
Friday 6th February 2009, 16:10
if you suspect the belt? me i definately would'nt use it till checked, it's only one bolt whip the cover of and have a peak inside.

I had the same problem,turns out it was the tensioner, It failed some time later !!

Check yours out now !!!

cheers

pookie
Friday 6th February 2009, 17:10
You have P.M.

Pookie