PDA

View Full Version : weird farty noise

zoomungus
Thursday 1st January 2009, 04:35
its happened a couple of times now, its a short fart as the clutch bites, its not a squeal (yet). its only very intermitant but two times its happened on an uphill pullaway, thrust bearing maybe but why only on slight uphill??

Happy new year

bubbles
Thursday 1st January 2009, 09:37
mine was making a funny noise on pullaway aswell didnt affect it now the bottom end has gone when i change the engine i will change the clutch

zoomungus
Thursday 1st January 2009, 09:55
a noise like vrrrrrrr?

what happened with your bottom end, just started knocking? how much a second had engine?

850twr
Thursday 1st January 2009, 13:51
yeh mine does it occasionaly, used to only do it reversing up a hill, its sounds like rivets scratching the flywheel, but then my clutch biting point is ok, and i get no slip atall. So not too sure, lol.

zoomungus
Thursday 1st January 2009, 19:09
same here, just now and then, oh well just another noise to go with the squeak!

the flange you wanted, it may be a goer in the future, the price is right but poly bushes may have to be sorted first.

bubbles
Thursday 1st January 2009, 21:21
a noise like vrrrrrrr?

what happened with your bottom end, just started knocking? how much a second had engine?

hi i was driving to a wedding in nottingham when my 854 lost all power and started to make some really bad noises . when i stoped i could hear the bottom ratteling like a c**t so i can only put it down to one of the shells has gone i am gonna take the sump off in a couple of weeks and have a play as i can buy the new shells direct from a volvo main dealer but i will keep everyone posted. have a good one :banana:

woz
Thursday 1st January 2009, 23:11
its happened a couple of times now, its a short fart as the clutch bites, its not a squeal (yet). its only very intermitant but two times its happened on an uphill pullaway, thrust bearing maybe but why only on slight uphill??
Happy new year
Mines been doing that since I bought it - about 40k miles so far. (167k - 208k)
Hope yours does too.

zoomungus
Friday 2nd January 2009, 00:41
woz, its good to know im not alone, all the strange noises these cars make, kinda freaky.
now i just need to get rid of the voices in my head lol

zoomungus
Saturday 3rd January 2009, 21:40
clutch thrust doo daa, has to be, made the noise till warmed up today