PDA

View Full Version : Spare set of wheels (want to borrow)

SaffronC70
Monday 9th May 2005, 17:23
Hi all

Has anyone got a set of wheels that I could borrow to roll about on, whilst I get mine reconned ?

Thought I'd ask before I am tempted to get a dodgy set from Ebay !

Thanks

Chris

BrightonBreezy
Monday 9th May 2005, 19:59
Yes.
I've got a new set waiting to be fitted, so once I've done that next weekend, the current set (16", 215/55, Goodyear Eagles) will be available if you should wish.
I was only going to put them up on Ebay anyway.
You'll have to come down to the seaside to pick them up, though. I wouldn't mind hearing about your 19T at the same time.

Pedro Fandango
Monday 9th May 2005, 21:12
if the 16's are off a 850 they won't fit the C70 if its got 302 brakes (S/V70's 16's will tho)

BrightonBreezy
Monday 9th May 2005, 21:35
They're grubby but otherwise good condition, cop-spec wheels from a 2001 V70.

Chris, perhaps you could take them and then put them up on Ebay when you're done with them.

SaffronC70
Monday 9th May 2005, 21:55
Sounds good . . . only one problem . . . I forgot I can't fit a set of wheels into the C70 to save my life !

Only other alternative is if I came to you, swapped the wheels, got someone local to you to recon my wheels, then I come back and swap them over ?!?!

I need to rethink my plans.

Cheers for the offer though !

Chris

Al115
Monday 9th May 2005, 22:34
That's too funny!!! :slap:

Must be the only car Volvo ever made that can't fit a set of its own wheels inside!

Get a roof-rack? :sick:

Alastair

Wobbly Dave
Monday 9th May 2005, 23:25
Sounds good . . . only one problem . . . I forgot I can't fit a set of wheels into the C70 to save my life !

Only other alternative is if I came to you, swapped the wheels, got someone local to you to recon my wheels, then I come back and swap them over ?!?!

I need to rethink my plans.

Cheers for the offer though !

Chris
What are you talking about. C70 has the boot the size of a small county! If not put a sheet over the back seat and stick 2 of them there!

God you people drive me spare!! LOL!!! ;)

GuyD5
Monday 9th May 2005, 23:52
Where are you Chris? ... I've got a set of 16"s off mine that are available ... all with good legal tyres ... if you want to save a trip to the south coast :)

SaffronC70
Tuesday 10th May 2005, 17:43
Get my interior dirty ?! never !

Yes, it can be done, like Dave said, with a few covers !

My ETS has failed on me today, so the alloy plans are on the back burner again !

Chris