PDA

View Full Version : Constant squeak

zoomungus
Tuesday 30th December 2008, 01:17
I have a 96 850 t5, there is a constant squeak coming from the passenger side of the dash and its still there when the car is not moving but with the engine on. I am slowly going insane, I know that if I turn the radio up the squeak stops, but I would like to keep my sanity so any clue how to cure this squeak would be good!

iGGy
Tuesday 30th December 2008, 08:17
Do you have the internal blower/fan running? This is in the lower passenger area and can squeak like crazy.

zoomungus
Tuesday 30th December 2008, 12:49
Thanks Iggy, could well be the fan, went for a spin today and no squeak, the fan speed was lower than last nite. is there a cure?

iGGy
Tuesday 30th December 2008, 17:13
I think it can be lubricated to quieten down the squeaking. The fan isn't too difficult to get out and I need to do mine as it also squeaks, especially on right hand bends :D

zoomungus
Tuesday 30th December 2008, 20:31
ha! the wifey has been looking to hijack the t5 BUT she noticed the squeak with a "wtf is that squeak" think I will leave the squeak alone:mischievo

kyebosh
Tuesday 30th December 2008, 20:34
ha! the wifey has been looking to hijack the t5 BUT she noticed the squeak with a "wtf is that squeak" think I will leave the squeak alone:mischievo

:hilarious :hilarious

cameron
Tuesday 30th December 2008, 20:56
You cant let the mrs hijack your beloved T5 :wtf:

Leave the squeak alone or fix it but dont tell her ;)

Like above sounds like the Fan to me, mine does the same every now and again, turn the fan off and it wont squeak :B_thumb:

Although a spray with some WD should sort it.

Cheers

Lee

zoomungus
Tuesday 30th December 2008, 21:39
Think I will keep the squeak and every time she gets in I will put the heater on lol, as soon as she found out about the heated seats it was "hmmm think I will be driving this soon"
How About NO!

Babybadger
Wednesday 31st December 2008, 00:00
I think it can be lubricated to quieten down the squeaking. The fan isn't too difficult to get out and I need to do mine as it also squeaks, especially on right hand bends :D

Mine does it on left hand bends.....left hooker....

zoomungus
Wednesday 31st December 2008, 00:59
mine squeaks left or right lol

nigel
Wednesday 31st December 2008, 13:21
the only squeaks i got is the missus moaning bout my driving lol.seriously i have got a slight knock noise on the left i know its not c.v joint but cant seem to find out where its coming from checked shocks and wheel bearing they ok any body any ideas

ahhpigsy
Wednesday 31st December 2008, 14:06
the only squeaks i got is the missus moaning bout my driving lol.seriously i have got a slight knock noise on the left i know its not c.v joint but cant seem to find out where its coming from checked shocks and wheel bearing they ok any body any ideas

Have a look at the wishbone bushes.

zoomungus
Wednesday 31st December 2008, 16:19
yep mines the same, in fact i may change her name to mona!

Adge
Wednesday 31st December 2008, 20:42
Suspension strut top mounting plate? If it's only a squeak, have you tried a cat????LOL

zoomungus
Thursday 1st January 2009, 04:25
its the fan for sure, but it sounds like a large hamster on acid