PDA

View Full Version : gearbox and engine lights

marcoboyo
Monday 29th December 2008, 18:02
my 2001 T4 auto decided to put the auto gearbox light then the engine light on when we had all that snow but as I had to go away before Christmas did not get time to sort it out. I disconnected the battery and that turned the gearbox light off but not the engine light but the car ran fine so I took the risk of driving it thinking that water got in some where and upset it, went down to Wales to see my parents and the car ran faultless so it seems that I just need to have the engine light turning off now so to my main question are these cars OBD2 compliant as if so I am thinking of getting myself one of these hand held code readers to get the code and turn the light off as from what I can see I can get one for about the price of going to the garage to get it done, has anyone used one and can you recommend a good one to me

Thank
Mark

Enigma666
Monday 29th December 2008, 18:06
There are a few options.
I got one off ebay for about £16.99 and now I can't find the bugger lol

it was from Talk to my car.
Give them a ring perhaps and see what they say but they will work to reset and read engine codes.

Click me (http://talktomycar.co.uk/)

yorkshire R
Monday 29th December 2008, 18:31
where abouts in county durham are you

marcoboyo
Monday 29th December 2008, 18:43
It's the ones at talk to my car I have seen was just not sure if they would work or not and also if it was worth getting the ones that do the live data as not sure what that tells you.
I am from Bishop Auckland
Thanks
Mark

yorkshire R
Monday 29th December 2008, 18:47
a bit to far away as my friend works at main dealers would of done it for you

my T4 came from near bishop auckland

marcoboyo
Monday 29th December 2008, 19:00
no problem thanks for your help, as they are quit cheap I think it will be worth having one anyway as I can do most of the work myself on the car one would come in handy
think I will give them a ring to find out what the live data is first to see if it's worth haveing one with that on.

came past you on the train to get my T4 from leeds LOL

yorkshire R
Monday 29th December 2008, 19:13
im sure i went through bishop auckland to get my car, i got it from crook

i live near to Thirsk

marcoboyo
Monday 29th December 2008, 21:17
sounds about right Crook is just up the road you only about a hour away then