PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning

Berts70R
Monday 9th May 2005, 16:19
I have a 98 S70R with 100k,the air con has suddenly started turning itself off every 8 seconds,it stays off for about 4 seconds then turns itself on again,it still blows cold air,any ideas

Bert

CAMO
Monday 9th May 2005, 19:57
Yes this is known in the trade as short cycling! most probable cause is the shaft seal around the compressor leaks over the winter months- when not in use and leaks refrigerant. Take it to your local air conditioning company & get them to have a look. If it req's re-charging cost is around £30- £50!

Berts70R
Wednesday 11th May 2005, 18:34
Thanks for that,will the refridgerant company have the seal or would i have to get it from volvo,

Regards

CAMO
Wednesday 11th May 2005, 18:37
Discuss with them mate, but they should be able to sort it all out for you. What are do you live in? If it's near Nottinghamshire I can suggest a few good companies! :B_steerin

Berts70R
Wednesday 11th May 2005, 19:41
Ireland, a little bit out of the way

rs_andy
Thursday 12th May 2005, 14:01
Hey camo, I'd be interested in hearing about good a/c companies in the mansfield area, my missus' S40 needs looking at in the coolness dept. :cool:

lance
Thursday 12th May 2005, 14:07
David Pengelly in Lenton now has all the gear to do aircon, and he knows his Volvos inside out!

spin
Sunday 22nd May 2005, 23:17
Just wondering my a/c doesn`t work anymore due to not being used for months, could it be a similar problem? The a/c button lights up but there is no drop in engine revs or noise of it turning on.

wright_t5
Monday 23rd May 2005, 06:39
Sounds most likely, it's always the first choice to get it checked and re-gassed, a lot of people don't realise the workings of air-con and the winter, it always keeps things going if you use it a few times a month ALL year... sometimes you lucky and the seals don't dry out... but most will with little or no use....

Once you start using it again they should return to doing thier job and stop the gas getting out...

Get it checked, and see where it leads...