PDA

View Full Version : Lambda sensor question

exfuzzyt5
Monday 29th December 2008, 08:18
Does anyone know a replacement sensor that fits, its the 5 wire type sensor off a P2 V70 T5 - don't want to pay main stealer prices and find I could of fitted one off another vehicle thats identical at half the price

Cheers in advance

Mark

t5 stealth
Monday 29th December 2008, 12:05
go to your local parts place,
halfords etc.
you can get universal ones,make sure its a 5 wire one the same as you want,just give them the car details & they should give you the correct replacement,usually much cheaper,they also do ones that you re-wire your plug onto the replacement one (universal).they only got grey,black or white wires on so all you do is make sure you get the colours on the right colours (if that makes sence) lol.
if you dont have any luck i can get a paterned one or universal one & send it 2 you if you need....................they should know what one you want if you tell them which one you want,ie in manifold,before cat,after cat etc

exfuzzyt5
Monday 29th December 2008, 18:26
Thanks T5 Stealth - I'll give the local motor factors a go in the week - if I don't get any luck might take your kind offer up

Got some other stange things going on with it the car as well - feel another post coming on

Regards

Mark

t5 stealth
Tuesday 30th December 2008, 00:28
lol post away mate,post your problems....lol
if i cant help you then im sure another lovely member will be glad to help.

exfuzzyt5
Wednesday 31st December 2008, 21:29
Managed to get a 5 wire titanium Bosch one with the correct end fitting and heat shield from Mill Auto Supplies @ £67 +vat - straight fit looks identical to the OEM one so I presume they were originally Bosch anyway

Jobs a good'n - spent today changing plugs/oil/filter/lambda probe - she now flys and has no misfire

Thanks for your help guys - Happy New Year