PDA

View Full Version : S60 r 2005

roy chu
Saturday 27th December 2008, 21:47
Hi Guys and Girls,

Someone clipped my passenger side wing mirror in a car park and the back cover fell off and cracked the end of the mirror housing.

I was wondering can I get the mirror housing on its own as the motor and mirror works fine.

Yet another cost, but hay ho I don't want to let moister into the irror and for corrosion to settle in as it could mean damaging the elctric motor.

I coult put filler on it but come on seriouslt how thats just not good. Yes yes and for those who would then write to Pimp my Ride.

But seriously look forward to the replies on seeing what my options are.

Many thanks.

Roy

Tomcat
Saturday 27th December 2008, 22:21
You could speak to Rufe on here, he works for a dealer in wales and gives really good discount to forum members. Alternatively you could try a breaker like Salvo.

roy chu
Tuesday 30th December 2008, 22:44
Many Thaks Tom cat, I will check the salvos, as the mirror housing is the best part of £200 not including fitting.

I will also check in with Rufe to seee if he can help. Its a long shot.

Anyway Happy new year to one and all....

Roy

V70R
Wednesday 31st December 2008, 21:15
Hi,

Could be worth checking this out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRECKING-VOLVO-S60-TYPE-R-ALL-PARTS-V70-2-4S-PARTS_W0QQitemZ140292057921QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item14029205792 1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

I did contact the guy before Christmas for a price on a couple of 'nice to have' items. The prices he quoted seemed really good, and was told he would get back to me for the carriage.

However still waiting ...................................

Chased several times, but havent heard back. The xmas break may have caused some problem; I would just be careful before parting with cash unless you can collect.

Good luck