PDA

View Full Version : ECC fault

AlanG
Friday 26th December 2008, 19:19
Hello everyone,not been on for months so hope I'm not asking a faq! On start up the indicator lights on the ecc control panel flash for a few seconds on my '96 T5 CD. Also can be difficult to start sometimes,firing but cutting out again straight away. Only used twice a week for a 12 mile journey (waste of a good car!) Anyone any ideas? Someone suggested the MAF....? Any help much appreciated..

pangster
Friday 26th December 2008, 20:53
Hello everyone,not been on for months so hope I'm not asking a faq! On start up the indicator lights on the ecc control panel flash for a few seconds on my '96 T5 CD. Also can be difficult to start sometimes,firing but cutting out again straight away. Only used twice a week for a 12 mile journey (waste of a good car!) Anyone any ideas? Someone suggested the MAF....? Any help much appreciated..

ECC problems will probably either be running low on aircon juice or the internal temp sensor will be blocked up with fluff (the part of the dash that looks like a switch with small bars running across it) - this can be cleaned with compressed air..

as for the starting and cutting out - It sounds like a faulty immobiliser antenna ring..

HTH

walter leever
Friday 26th December 2008, 22:54
also for ecc-part,the handles wich are on the ceiling(don't know what they're

called),in the middle behind them there shuold be sensors to.

you must give them a clean to(compressed air)carefully.

AlanG
Saturday 27th December 2008, 19:36
Thanks to you both. System was re-gassed and checked for leaks during the summer. My car does not have the dash mounted sensor,but will clean the ones behind the grab handles. The immobiliser antenna ring? Need to check into that as have no knowledge of it!!