PDA

View Full Version : is this V70R awd a good price ?

jackal2513
Monday 9th May 2005, 13:14
guys,

just looked over this car

http://www.pwcars.co.uk/PWCARS_Datasheet.php?RecordID=36869

its very good condition and has all the right options that i need

the mileage is a bit high but it would come with a warranty and a service and a full mutipoint check so would be trouble free motoring for me for 1 year (after which time i woudl probably replace it)

i guess im asking if its a good price or not ? lower mileage v70r's of this sort of age do seem to be aroudn teh 9-10k mark ? Question is what will it be worth in a years time with say 140k on teh clock i.e. ... are these cars sought after ?

thanks for any help

Mrsmopp
Monday 9th May 2005, 13:35
Seems quite reasonable from a trader actually.............. :shifty:

The blue ones are quite a rareity too. There are pitfalls to the AWD systems but that wont affect the price, nor will 140k TBH.

J just paid 1500 quid less for a FWD R on a '98 with much less milage tho and you have to bear in mind that its a buyers market right now :wink:

x

Wobbly Dave
Monday 9th May 2005, 14:48
I would go in at 7.5 and see how you go on. Don't forget to ask if the transfer box has been replaced. You have to rotate the tyres on this car coz if they get out by more than 2mm it has been known to mash the T-box - and they ain't cheap.

Still they are gorgeous cars and you will have the biggest turbo known to Volvo already fitted. Remap that baby and you will be the other side of 340bhp.

Terrymac
Monday 9th May 2005, 15:31
Hi,
I have a 1998 black, manual one of these if it's the sort of thing you want.
90K miles and mint throughout.
Can e-mail a whole host of pics if your interested-Bear in mind the car is in Ireland though.

macV70R
Monday 9th May 2005, 18:50
guys,

just looked over this car

http://www.pwcars.co.uk/PWCARS_Datasheet.php?RecordID=36869

its very good condition and has all the right options that i need

the mileage is a bit high but it would come with a warranty and a service and a full mutipoint check so would be trouble free motoring for me for 1 year (after which time i woudl probably replace it)

i guess im asking if its a good price or not ? lower mileage v70r's of this sort of age do seem to be aroudn teh 9-10k mark ? Question is what will it be worth in a years time with say 140k on teh clock i.e. ... are these cars sought after ?

thanks for any help

I paid £7500 6 months ago for my V70R AWD with 126,000 on the clock with superb history.
Check there is no knocking at low speeds round corners as this may be the propshaft & they are about 600 quid for a new one!!
I love mine, they are great to drive, especially when you throw them round corners with your foot down!!

Happy Buying, you wont be disappointed.

Mac :B_thumb:

lance
Monday 9th May 2005, 19:30
I would love a go in an AWD R bet with rica and ME7 they will really fly, also
in wet weather you can boot it loads more!
My main advice is on the warrenty ! Check it carefully as I found out on my first T5, it wasnt worth the paper twas printed on!
You cant beat a good old verbal warranty with a trader thats been around years!
Main thing it needs to cover is the AWD and transfer box! Uneven tread on tyres or different tread paterns will wind up the wrong way!
Miles on engine shouldnt be a problem as a well looked after T5 will do 200k+easily!