PDA

View Full Version : my ride

stainesy
Thursday 25th December 2008, 14:03
well iv put alot of pics of my blinged up engine bay on here but none of you have seen the new badges i made. this is what my car looks like now.

thinking of loosing the motorsport bit under the T-5 R badge tho. what do ya recon?

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/stainesy1978/P251208_133301.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/stainesy1978/P251208_1334.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/stainesy1978/P251208_1359.jpg

AndysR
Thursday 25th December 2008, 15:43
The idea and theme of the text is good but I think they are a little on the large side, other than that if the badges were smaller it would look spot on

stainesy
Thursday 25th December 2008, 15:45
yeah i made them at work and i got the person in the vinyl room to make them and i didnt realise how big they was. i may do them again abit smaller. i was thinking the same thing tbh. but the theme i think works well. not sure if im going to keep the motorsport bit under the T-5 R tho.

jonno12
Thursday 25th December 2008, 16:45
ello stainsey mate looks good clean and tidy mate im only round the corner from you at the mo in leighton mate here till saturday if your about tomorrow mate ill pop out for a beer if ur up for it

850twr
Thursday 25th December 2008, 17:36
car looks good, as said stickers could do with being half the size, and also dont think the badge on the grill looks right in the middle. just my opinion tho. Happy xmas!

tandino
Friday 26th December 2008, 09:48
Sorry mate but to me its all about discreet.
If going down the local McD's drive through is your thing and scoring a few points with the locals floats your boat then yes theyre great.
To me they just look 'Chav' to the max.

stainesy
Friday 26th December 2008, 10:54
the way i look at it is not many people no about T-5 Rs and alot of people have never herd of one like me when i first bought it i didnt no anything about them. i want people to no its a T-5 R they just got blown away by as i disapear into the distance LOL

850twr
Friday 26th December 2008, 11:26
to me thats the appeal with these cars, some people have no clue what they are, which is there problem, and others who do know their stuff will have mutual respect for the car. T5r's are rare and iconic cars and in my opinion should be left the way they came (atleast cosmetically), and not tarted up with stickers just to let the local saxo boys know what it is, let them find out for themselves when you leave them in your dust!

One tasteful mod you could do is replace the top halfs of your rear lights with the later clear indicator V70 versions, as well as some v70 side repeaters.

Subtlety is the way forward, as far as looks go, atleast in my opinion anyway.

Mrsmopp
Friday 26th December 2008, 15:17
I think it looks incredibly tacky personally

x

Enigma666
Friday 26th December 2008, 15:55
Stainsey,
Sell me your pegs to put on my C70 :P
You can have my 18" BBS wheels lol

Lose the stickers mate, personally think it is taking away from a naturally good looking car :)

stainesy
Friday 26th December 2008, 16:49
i have thought about it and you lot are starting to make sence the more i think of it. i am going to keep the badges but make them alot smaller and im not gona bother with the motorsport so it will have the T-5 R but be alot more suttle.

Enigma666
Friday 26th December 2008, 17:11
Good on ya mate :)
You have made a really good choice there :)

volvokid
Friday 26th December 2008, 17:40
i have thought about it and you lot are starting to make sence the more i think of it. i am going to keep the badges but make them alot smaller and im not gona bother with the motorsport so it will have the T-5 R but be alot more suttle.

Stainesy what’s the matter with Volvo's standard badges? Basically your going to reduce the size of them therefore making them about the size of Volvo's own ones aren’t you? I would think Volvo's badges would look 100x better than that vinyl, I just don’t see the point in what your doing. If you want T-5R on the side just buy the Volvo ones. At the moment your car is going in the rite direction for the Barry boy’s website. And for people not knowing what it is, is stupid you have a gull yellow Volvo estate if people think the thing must only be a 2.0L Volvo are stupid they must know it’s not a run of the mill model.

stainesy
Friday 26th December 2008, 17:50
Stainesy what’s the matter with Volvo's standard badges? Basically your going to reduce the size of them therefore making them about the size of Volvo's own ones aren’t you? I would think Volvo's badges would look 100x better than that vinyl, I just don’t see the point in what your doing. If you want T-5R on the side just buy the Volvo ones. At the moment your car is going in the rite direction for the Barry boy’s website. And for people not knowing what it is, is stupid you have a gull yellow Volvo estate if people think the thing must only be a 2.0L Volvo are stupid they must know it’s not a run of the mill model.

tbh i aint bothered what the badge is made of be it plastic or vinyl as lomh as its a nice crisp clean black badge. the standered volvo T-5 R badge is a tiny horbible looking fadded thing. and as said before a few small little badges that say the name of the car are far from barry boys.

volvokid
Friday 26th December 2008, 17:51
and as said before a few small little badges that say the name of the car are far from barry boys.

We'll see :troutslap

stainesy
Friday 26th December 2008, 17:57
We'll see :troutslap

yes we will lol

Mrsmopp
Friday 26th December 2008, 19:39
I'm with volvokid, vinyl badges look cheap and tacky, at least the standard badges look right.

x

t5 pete
Friday 26th December 2008, 20:44
the standard badges look really well if yours has flaked or gone tatty why not buy some more and all i would do is get two of the little touring badges (them at the side if the t5r) and have them on the wings with some clear repeaters.

The Flying Banana
Friday 26th December 2008, 20:48
A while ago there was a 2.0l base model kicking about that had been painted yellow, had a blue velour interior in it, it too looked chavvy, had missing wiper light etc. Its a shame that these cars are worthles now and can fall easily into the hands of Halfords warriors. BMW 5 series are in the same boat aswell now, get a big 535i Sport and then start adding as much sh*t to it as you can, stickers, jewel lights etc. However maybe their day will return and they will be wanted again !!
Here is a 535i sport i bought recently, note the rubbish stuck on the back of it, 10 mins with a heat gun and it looks much better ! The 'jewel' effect lights were also binned in favour of OEM clear lense versions

MIKESC70T5
Friday 26th December 2008, 20:53
Stainsey,
Sell me your pegs to put on my C70 :P
You can have my 18" BBS wheels lol

:)

There Titans on the T-5R not pegs :wave23d:

tandino
Friday 26th December 2008, 21:22
tbh i aint bothered what the badge is made of be it plastic or vinyl as lomh as its a nice crisp clean black badge. the standered volvo T-5 R badge is a tiny horbible looking fadded thing. and as said before a few small little badges that say the name of the car are far from barry boys.

Why not just paint the original badges Satin black then?

volvokid
Friday 26th December 2008, 21:35
Halfords warriors.

ROFL its so true. Good job on the Beemer by the way

AndysR
Saturday 27th December 2008, 17:15
Why not just paint the original badges Satin black then?

Just polish the chrome off the badges they are black underneath ;) Well they all are except the TWR badge :)

850twr
Sunday 28th December 2008, 11:59
i agree, replace them with originals or spray black,

I'm after a few of the TWR badges, and i saw some on ebay a couple months back, but where £25 each, i'v got the part number and found them in vadis, but does anyone know if their still available through volvo? I read a very old thread about this on another site and it seemed it was debatable.

maybe a question for rufe?

P/n: 9151370

Wombatbomb
Sunday 28th December 2008, 12:26

I'm after a few of the TWR badges, and i saw some on ebay a couple months back, but where £25 each, i'v got the part number and found them in vadis, but does anyone know if their still available through volvo? I read a very old thread about this on another site and it seemed it was debatable.

I remember Rufe posting somewhere a couple of months ago that these had now gone out of stock with Volvo.

t5 pete
Sunday 28th December 2008, 17:32

They were avabile around 15mths ago from volvo but im unsure if you can get them now the best thing to do is give them a call or ask rufe

cragmaz
Sunday 28th December 2008, 18:41
what you reckon to mine???

Only got the one photo :frown:

http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg327/cragmaz/?action=view&current=T51.jpg

walter leever
Sunday 28th December 2008, 18:49
what you reckon to mine???

Only got the one photo :frown:

http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg327/cragmaz/?action=view&current=T51.jpg

nice one,like the rims(18"),got them myself.

walter

Eddy T
Sunday 28th December 2008, 19:25
Why don't you just get the original badges and paint them black then you would get the best of both worlds, the right size and a better colour for your yellow background. Then that way everybody would be happy. LOL

stainesy
Sunday 28th December 2008, 19:31
Why don't you just get the original badges and paint them black then you would get the best of both worlds, the right size and a better colour for your yellow background. Then that way everybody would be happy. LOL

because the original ones painted black are un readable. i used them on my grill and had to paint the inside bits yellow as the badge is basicly one mold and if painted black it would just look like a black thing that you could only make out if you bent down to look at it.

The Flying Banana
Sunday 28th December 2008, 19:36
Here are my badges on my tailgate, I t cutted the chrome off for a nice black finish :)

Eddy T
Sunday 28th December 2008, 19:50
Here are my badges on my tailgate, I t cutted the chrome off for a nice black finish :)

They look excellent I think they will look good on my Red T5 since I,m going for that Red and Black look.

stainesy
Sunday 28th December 2008, 20:04
i keep seeing loadsa cars with the nurburgring on the back. whats that all about? i no its a race track but why do people have it on there cars? does it mean the car has been there?

850twr
Sunday 28th December 2008, 20:28
its just to show the owner/car has interest/participates with the nurburgring, and thats the icon map of what must be the most demanding circuit in the world. seen a few bmr's down my way with the same thing. Really want to go, just keep hearing lots of horror stories.

The Flying Banana
Sunday 28th December 2008, 20:30
i keep seeing loadsa cars with the nurburgring on the back. whats that all about? i no its a race track but why do people have it on there cars? does it mean the car has been there?

Could do but not always..suppose its like putting a big motorsport sticker on a car that has never seen motorsport ;)

stainesy
Sunday 28th December 2008, 20:33
Could do but not always..suppose its like putting a big motorsport sticker on a car that has never seen motorsport ;)

LMAO fair play mate but it wasnt a dig was just wondering what it was all about as i keep seeing it.

tandino
Sunday 28th December 2008, 22:10
Its for cars that have actually been round the Nordscleife.
Problem is its a bit like the 'Motorsport' thing, people have them on the back of their cars when they have absolutely no connection with the Ring at all, have never set foot in Germany let alone been round the loop.

stainesy
Sunday 28th December 2008, 22:25
Its for cars that have actually been round the Nordscleife.
Problem is its a bit like the 'Motorsport' thing, people have them on the back of their cars when they have absolutely no connection with the Ring at all, have never set foot in Germany let alone been round the loop.

had a feeling that its ment to mean the car has been to the track.
i did wonder why it seems every boyracer car i see now has it on the back

t5 pete
Sunday 28th December 2008, 23:28
I still think this looks the best

cameron
Sunday 28th December 2008, 23:57
Liking the look of that Pete well nice :B_thumb:

Cheers

Lee

stainesy
Monday 29th December 2008, 11:03
the small badge with the chequered flag on it on the back of my car. thinks its the twr badge. why do the T-5 R,s have them on the back? has the car been tuned by twr?

pangster
Monday 29th December 2008, 11:53
the small badge with the chequered flag on it on the back of my car. thinks its the twr badge. why do the T-5 R,s have them on the back? has the car been tuned by twr?

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/press/pdf/presskits/T5R-PressKit1995.pdf

HTH

stainesy
Monday 29th December 2008, 13:07
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/press/pdf/presskits/T5R-PressKit1995.pdf

HTH

ok thats good info but dont explain the twr badge

pangster
Monday 29th December 2008, 13:14
ok thats good info but dont explain the twr badge

ok - does this help?: CLICKY (http://www.google.co.uk/)

:biggrin:

850twr
Monday 29th December 2008, 14:04
its a TWR badge put on the T5-R's to represent the link to the BTCC and that its a special edition model, thats it really.

wanna sell em?? lol

Okete
Monday 29th December 2008, 14:21
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Walkinshaw_Racing

stainesy
Monday 29th December 2008, 15:17
oh thats why. nice1 cheers.

i have been thinking alot about the badges i put on my car and it wasnt untill i read the link pangster put on here about the fact that only 200 of these were in this country i realisd how rare my car is. i had no idea how saut after it was and the history. so i apolagise to guys and i now get why you lot are so up on the original look of the T-5 R.

i am now in the process of sanding and painted the volvo slash from the grill.
am also re-painting the original grill to put the slash on.

am loosing the vinyl stickers and refubing and putting the originals back on.
the one mod i am doing is this

the original grill on my car was black and im painting it black again. but i am doing the volvo slash in the cream yellow with black insirts. but i am replacing the word volvo in the middle with the twr chequered flag logo.

what do ya think?

pangster
Monday 29th December 2008, 15:26
what do ya think?

I think you should do whatever makes you happy and not worry about anyone elses opinion... :)

stainesy
Monday 29th December 2008, 15:34
I think you should do whatever makes you happy and not worry about anyone elses opinion... :)

im not doin this for everybody els. i have been looking into the history of the gull T-5 R and the more i have been looking at my car the more i have been thinking the vinyl does look out of place. i am liking the TWR badges and i didnt realise what that small badge i took off my car was and now want to put my TWR badge back on but it wont go with my stickers so im now on another misssion to get it looking respectable again LOL.

stainesy
Monday 29th December 2008, 17:05
i take it that i cant buy brand new volvo 850 T-5R badges anymore from anywhere?

pangster
Monday 29th December 2008, 17:11
i take it that i cant buy brand new volvo 850 T-5R badges anymore from anywhere?

I think they've stopped making them and Volvo have run out of stock (and wont be getting anymore from what I've read) - you could always get replica badges from QBM if they have any left:

http://www.quickbrickmotorsports.com/prod_msbadge.html

stainesy
Monday 29th December 2008, 19:34
is this still the TWR logo on this R? as it looks diferant.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290285476489

Okete
Monday 29th December 2008, 20:03
No, it's not.

stainesy
Monday 29th December 2008, 20:23
No, it's not.

dam it that would have looked nice if it was the same as the the standerd TWR one on the back of T-5 R,s

850twr
Monday 29th December 2008, 20:54
yeh thats a fake/replica, the actual T5-R badge is available on ebay..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-VOLVO-T5R-BADGE-EMBLEM-850-S70-V70-C70-RARE_W0QQitemZ260335883081QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca rsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260335883081&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

but as said above you cant really get hold of original TWR badges anymore. annoyingly.

stainesy
Monday 29th December 2008, 21:03
yeh thats a fake/replica, the actual T5-R badge is available on ebay..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-VOLVO-T5R-BADGE-EMBLEM-850-S70-V70-C70-RARE_W0QQitemZ260335883081QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca rsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260335883081&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18

but as said above you cant really get hold of original TWR badges anymore. annoyingly.

yeah was after a nice new R for my grill and would have been nice to have one that also had the TWR flag logo on it. but that blatantly aint it as there aint enough sqaurs and one of them needs to be red.

volvokid
Friday 7th September 2012, 22:30
Who remembers this spanner?
Who was the other nugget on here that ripped people off and was a all round dodger that ended up on the Jeremy Kyle show

stephenevans99
Sunday 28th April 2013, 10:07
lmao.....that'll be Gavin. Announced to the world he had an STD on Jeremy Kyle....guy was legendary over on Detailing World.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2pRosnZEa4

Google PMVGavin for fun !!

volvokid
Sunday 28th April 2013, 10:11
Brilliant I forgot about that

stephenevans99
Sunday 28th April 2013, 10:14
PMV Gavin...he does bring back memories.....

A Quick Cyber Stalk finds him stuck on his roof being rescued by Firemen....pmsl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as-lEX1mQU8&list=UU5Y9fVp4aNmxWuBNg4evNgA&index=48

danny-R
Sunday 28th April 2013, 11:36
Absolute whopper. Shame there's no sound on the Jeremy Kyle video.

t5 pete
Wednesday 3rd December 2014, 11:06
PMV Gavin...he does bring back memories.....

A Quick Cyber Stalk finds him stuck on his roof being rescued by Firemen....pmsl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as-lEX1mQU8&list=UU5Y9fVp4aNmxWuBNg4evNgA&index=48

Pmsl