PDA

View Full Version : 591 hp and a very red manifold on an 850

RT MECHANICS
Tuesday 23rd December 2008, 22:23
Hi all sorted out a few more vids of the last RR day so thought you may like to see check out number 2 for the toaster :)

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j152/500bhpvolvo/The%20Peril/?action=view&current=Run1.flv

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j152/500bhpvolvo/The%20Peril/?action=view&current=Run2.flv

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j152/500bhpvolvo/The%20Peril/?action=view&current=Run3.flv

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j152/500bhpvolvo/The%20Peril/?action=view&current=Run4.flv

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j152/500bhpvolvo/The%20Peril/?action=view&current=Run5.flv

The_Rapid_Tank
Tuesday 23rd December 2008, 22:31
when i click them they are pictures???

RT MECHANICS
Wednesday 24th December 2008, 10:49
when i click them they are pictures???

Hi thanks for the help try now :)

Russ

The_Rapid_Tank
Wednesday 24th December 2008, 14:30
nice vids u got there mate

LesRED850R
Wednesday 24th December 2008, 15:24
LUMEY !! You have made this forum more than just a lonely hearts club. A Place where true VOLVO dweebs can experience other VOLVO people who have half a BRAIN and need to ask " Why does the oil need to be changed" Because i didnt look at the site HISTORY... OH , Dont get Me Started ........PM if you need a chat. Cheers L M / Love the zMAX HP and wish i could visit yur shop !! Hope you can show some pics of real life runs of this fantastic machine!! I know that some others in USA on VS are watching too soooooo get on little doggy !

timbo_1975
Wednesday 24th December 2008, 18:13
500 at the wheels- its a wonder you can get them to grip the rollers consistently!!?

t5 pete
Wednesday 24th December 2008, 18:43
hi russ is that the run before the liners cracked also did you get them sorted and if so what did you do? the car looks really well hopefully one day i will get chance to see it
cheers pete

gtiteen
Wednesday 24th December 2008, 18:43
looks good. would be nice to see some videos of it on the road though :santa:

carpy
Friday 26th December 2008, 11:50
Looking good Russ. What's next - get manifolds ceramic coated? Should give a slight power increase too.

timbo_1975
Friday 26th December 2008, 22:23
Ceramic coating and some wrap- that will certainly help it spool quicker and keep under bonnet temps down quite abit!

The rubber must be literally peeling from those tyres under that torque; are you actually using a clutch, or a direct connection?! lol

Tim.

RT MECHANICS
Sunday 4th January 2009, 12:17
LUMEY !! You have made this forum more than just a lonely hearts club. A Place where true VOLVO dweebs can experience other VOLVO people who have half a BRAIN and need to ask " Why does the oil need to be changed" Because i didnt look at the site HISTORY... OH , Dont get Me Started ........PM if you need a chat. Cheers L M / Love the zMAX HP and wish i could visit yur shop !! Hope you can show some pics of real life runs of this fantastic machine!! I know that some others in USA on VS are watching too soooooo get on little doggy !

Hi Les

Thanks for your comments ,Do come and see us if you ever come to the uk i can give you a spin as well i will show the car moving on a few events i have planned when its back to good health all will be shown in good time :)

Russ

RT MECHANICS
Sunday 4th January 2009, 12:20
500 at the wheels- its a wonder you can get them to grip the rollers consistently!!?

Hi Timbo

Thanks for your comment if you use a good rolling road operator and make of Rollers you will not have a problem (they were a bit nervous though as they had only ever seen a 270 hp fwd car before :B_thumb:

Russ

RT MECHANICS
Sunday 4th January 2009, 12:28
hi russ is that the run before the liners cracked also did you get them sorted and if so what did you do? the car looks really well hopefully one day i will get chance to see it
cheers pete

Hi Pete

Yes thats the run before the liner split its all very much in progress i am having liners made for me to hopefully solve the problem for good i am sure you will see it later this year :)

Russ

RT MECHANICS
Sunday 4th January 2009, 12:29
looks good. would be nice to see some videos of it on the road though :santa:

Hi Giteen

I cannot show any on the road vids.

Russ

RT MECHANICS
Sunday 4th January 2009, 12:31
Looking good Russ. What's next - get manifolds ceramic coated? Should give a slight power increase too.

Hi Carpy

Nice to here from you did you get your Audi ? Still lots to do coating the manifolds will not increase the power as such but will help in other ways.

Russ

RT MECHANICS
Sunday 4th January 2009, 12:33
Ceramic coating and some wrap- that will certainly help it spool quicker and keep under bonnet temps down quite abit!

The rubber must be literally peeling from those tyres under that torque; are you actually using a clutch, or a direct connection?! lol

Tim.

Hi Again Tim :)

It does help as you say but it helps keep my feet a bit cooler,the tyres are lasting well considering !!! Yes i am using a Helix full paddle :)

Russ

maltatrucker
Sunday 4th January 2009, 12:59
Nice one Russ

LesRED850R
Sunday 4th January 2009, 13:40
Gday Russ , thanks for your reply and kind offer to scare me if i visit !! ;0 I think you have a post on VS ? but this is a nice mod job to follow too , a lot lke your great effort , Cheers ! LOOKY-http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=66431

wegal
Monday 5th January 2009, 13:25
Hey Russ,

Quick question re your power figures.

Your sig says 591 bhp and 501 bhp at the wheels, thats a loss of 90 bhp through transmission, seems very very high for a 2 wheel drive car. I understand thats 15% Which is probably a reasonable guess for a 2 wheel drive car, but surely when you start getting up to those power figures not everything is a percentage multiple. Some transmission resistance remains constant regardless of power input.

Just wondering is the 501 at the wheels off the dyno and the 591 a calculated figure ? If its a calculated figure is it a run down addition or some other method ?

501 at the wheels is a seriously impressive figure irrespective of the flywheel figure. Nice work.

RT MECHANICS
Monday 5th January 2009, 21:49
Hey Russ,

Quick question re your power figures.

Your sig says 591 bhp and 501 bhp at the wheels, thats a loss of 90 bhp through transmission, seems very very high for a 2 wheel drive car. I understand thats 15% Which is probably a reasonable guess for a 2 wheel drive car, but surely when you start getting up to those power figures not everything is a percentage multiple. Some transmission resistance remains constant regardless of power input.

Just wondering is the 501 at the wheels off the dyno and the 591 a calculated figure ? If its a calculated figure is it a run down addition or some other method ?

501 at the wheels is a seriously impressive figure irrespective of the flywheel figure. Nice work.

Hi Wegal :)

Thanks for your question and interest :)
The Dyno Dynamics rollers are very good as you no doubt know this, it’s not a measured figure but a calculated figure (by DD) in shoot out mode (which cannot be changed !!!!! I am only really interested in the at the wheel figure but some people like to see the bigger numbers :) At the end of the day a Rolling road will give only give you a snap shot of infomation as to how the engine is performing as very few people realise,so I do still plan to do a proper engine bench dyno session on the finished article once i am happy with it.

Russ