PDA

View Full Version : Poly Top Mount

Cali-T5
Sunday 21st December 2008, 23:16
Ok just bought a powerflow top engine mount of ebay, Bargain £20 and £2.50 postage.

So whats the best way to fit it ?

Heard some people mention putting it in the freezer, others say shave the inner edge to help it fit?

t5 pete
Sunday 21st December 2008, 23:32
All i did was remove the original one and then one of the two pieces fits in easy for the other i put some swafega on it and then got a head bolt with washer then i lined the piece up and wound it in after that put the metal sleve in you mite find it hard to put the arm back over the poly bush but with a bit of purswation it will go over.
the sound you get from them is brill

pangster
Sunday 21st December 2008, 23:33
Ok just bought a powerflow top engine mount of ebay, Bargain £20 and £2.50 postage.

So whats the best way to fit it ?

Heard some people mention putting it in the freezer, others say shave the inner edge to help it fit?

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15895

HTH

nathT5
Monday 22nd December 2008, 19:46
i put mine in the freezer and also used the copper slip that came in the box,
then i used a long bolt with big washers to press it in, easy job...

stainesy
Monday 22nd December 2008, 19:49
i put mine in the freezer and also used the copper slip that came in the box,
then i used a long bolt with big washers to press it in, easy job...

i did the same but didnt but it in the freezer. i trimed a bit round the edge to guid it in.

My T5
Tuesday 23rd December 2008, 08:57
Hi,i used two big washers and a pair of pipe grips to squeeze them in,no probs.Although be warned you will have to modify the arm that you are attaching back on the new bush because the poly one is bigger than the volvo one .Have fun.

Shortbusdriver1969
Wednesday 24th December 2008, 14:35
I did one of these, and Oh Lordy did it fight back, I sprained my paw in trying to push it in, I finished up taking it to my friends garage where he used a 'machine press' to get it in. even he said it was a bitch LoL, but its well worth it, as the top mount is a common MOTc failure on the 850's

Mental Wealth Doctor
Thursday 25th December 2008, 20:13
i found that jubilie clips around the poly mount halfs helped, just to tighten them till small enough to fit, then a long bolt and some big washers either side, and ratchet tight,