PDA

View Full Version : s60 cut out and won't restart

kinkersaab
Sunday 21st December 2008, 19:41
Hi, all. My 01 s60 2.0t has been funny to start for a while now, it always starts first time from cold. When warm it sometimes is reluctant to fire and is a bit hessitant when it actualy does fire but only for a second or two, from then on its fine. It as had a new throttle body and idles perfect so its not that. Today i started car and drove a couple of hundred yards and it died, it then restartred for about 10 seconds and died again and didin't restart. Called AA and he checked the fuel pump and it was geting power but NO buzz/ noise when cranking etc. After cranking for a while it came up immobiliser fault onthe display. I reckon this was due to the continued cranking and the battery getting flat, but wondered if it was the ring antennna, would this cause the fuel pump not to run? and would this happen after the car was running? After the continued issues with starting i am expecting it to be the pump ( car has done 155k) but wondered if it could be the antenna? Also do all v/c/s series use the same pumpand antenna . I also have a 87 v70at the moment and could swap bits to find the fault? Thanks in advance, Lee

kinkersaab
Tuesday 23rd December 2008, 10:05
FIXED! A wire had come off the fuel pump in the tank, God knows how, but it had.