PDA

View Full Version : 02 sensors prices buying advice

vt5
Sunday 8th May 2005, 09:07
Greetings all......

I have seen a thread on this before but cant find it.

Where is the best place to buy 02 sensors from? How many are there on an 850 (2 i think isnt it) and if my lambda light is on do i need both or just one? can you test them to see if they are working or not?

Get the fault codes read i suppose will be the reply.....

1996 850 T5 saloon manual trans

Thanks

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 8th May 2005, 12:33
Think i read the other day that they are about £70 Vince but i cant recall where from, maybe GSF parts ? The thread cant be far off. :)

pault5
Sunday 8th May 2005, 15:07
Hi,
euro car parts £72 plus vat.
only 1 sensor on my 97' 850 T5.
paul.

M44K TS
Sunday 8th May 2005, 15:38
by lambda light, i take it you mean the light with the green triangle on the orange background on the bottom right of the dash?

If so, it's not just the Lambda its for the emmisions aswell, mine was on after i fitted a cone filter and it turns out it was the air flow meter couldn't cope. Both lambda sensors are fine.

andi t5
Sunday 8th May 2005, 16:00
as you say get your fault codes read first, the light being on could be one of many faults no point in wasting cash by guessing

vt5
Sunday 8th May 2005, 23:29
Cheers guys,

I looked on the Euro Car parts website and couldnt find it, even searched.

Anyone know the part number ?

Also emissions were out at MOT time yet after holding it at approx 4K revs for a while then back to 2k for a bit longer then idle it passed.

What does that sound like it could be?

P.S. do Volvo charge for reading codes alone?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 9th May 2005, 00:20
My dealer charged about £28 for 15 min work, reset lambda light (2codes), been OK since.

andi t5
Monday 9th May 2005, 07:03
sod paying dealers daft money for two minutes work buy a code reader you can get 0bd2 readers for around twenty five quid off e bay

HuskMan
Thursday 12th May 2005, 14:36
A Surrey Volvo dealer wanted 44 quid just to read my code today.

As I picked myself up off the floor and tried to stop choking I'm sure that I heard him say that I would have to book it in and the earliest he could do was next Tuesday.

Lancaster Volvo at Pirbright - yet another dealer licensed to print money.

Note that this was _just_ to get the codes read. Any solutions would be extra and he didn't say whether turning the light out was included.

This is absolutely shocking for 3 minutes work and profiteering by any other name.

nikgallagher
Thursday 12th May 2005, 15:47
Go to ACC at Farnborough instead. Not that far from the Lancasters at Pirbright. Very well spoken of independant.

Workshop: Units 1-2,
Arrow Industrial Estate,
Eelmore Road,
Farnborough
GU14 7QH

01252 370701

pault5
Thursday 12th May 2005, 17:07
Cheers guys,

I looked on the Euro Car parts website and couldnt find it, even searched.

Anyone know the part number ?

Also emissions were out at MOT time yet after holding it at approx 4K revs for a while then back to 2k for a bit longer then idle it passed.

What does that sound like it could be?

P.S. do Volvo charge for reading codes alone?

euro car parts no 710660090
now £77.50 + vat

siamblue
Friday 13th May 2005, 00:41
Or if you don't mind second hand parts give Salvo a ring will be around £35 each.

vt5
Friday 13th May 2005, 11:18
Thanks Guys.

I went to Volvo in Oldham yesterday morning. they too said they would have to book it in and charge me.

Politely told them to sod off as my guy will do it for nowt......didnt know he had a code reader though, but he does....so next week its on....