PDA

View Full Version : old and new part numbers

gfurm
Saturday 20th December 2008, 13:57
Does anyone know if old and new part numbers for S60 D5 are interchangeable?

What I mean is: I have to replace EGR valve and I was told I need to change valve, acuctator and exhaus gas cooler. I thought that I could only replace valve so I asked Rufe for a quote and he said that all three parts have different numbers now and he doesn't know if the new valve will fit or work with old cooler. So does anyone know if they changed only part numbers or are the parts different in some way?

Since the cooler itself costs 300 I'd like to use the old one if it's possible.

greg

v70torslanda
Saturday 20th December 2008, 16:53
This is where VIDA (and Rufe) are your friends. If Rufe has told you that you can only replace the valve in conjunction with a new actuator and cooler then this means that Volvo have changed supplier/manufacturer or the manufacturer has cured the fault in the new assembly but has modified it in such a way that it cannot be fitted without the associated parts.

The only other option is to contact Readview (other parts suppliers are available) and see if they will remove a late, low mileage valve assembly from an engine for you or try to free off the valve and actuator from your own car.

J