PDA

View Full Version : EBC brakes on 1997 V70 T5 auto

serious metal
Friday 19th December 2008, 16:45
Hi everyone
I would appreciate your views - This is my second attempt at a braking solution - the first one was to have the front 280 discs replaced with 302s, bigger carriers for the calipers and more rigorous ferodo pads - sadly those discs went out of shape somewhere in the Austrian Tyrol, following periods of significant downhill runs. On my return these were replaced with EBC grooved and dimpled discs front and back with yellow stuff pads, braided hoses and 5.1 fluid. These certainly stopped the car more effectively - until another mountainous event. Now there is vibration whenever the brakes are applied once the discs have warmed up - but no feedback through the pedal. A brake tester indicates a small degree of fluctuation on both front wheels but OK on the rear, judder is amplified more by gradient than speed - do I move to Holland?
Seasonal wishes
Serious Metal

Terminator
Friday 19th December 2008, 20:13
For me with lots of loaded up alpine work last summer, Volvo OE or Zimmerman 302mm disks, not dimpled, grooved or slotted and Volvo OE Pads. The OE pads are important as they are machined to exact tolerances to fit the calipers and are well upto the job imo.

The brake fluid is vitally important and should be changed every 2 years or 30,000 miles which ever comes earlier, if you are going to punish the brakes.