PDA

View Full Version : S40 T4 Injectors

Slomo
Wednesday 17th December 2008, 12:40
Help :)

I need to replace my injectors on the car. Where is the best place to get them?

Approx cost?

Slo

Alan M
Wednesday 17th December 2008, 13:14
Are you looking to upgrade or just replace like for like? You can have some bargains off ebay but most breakers can supply sets for a good price as long as you know what your after. What model type and number do you have in the car currently?

Slomo
Wednesday 17th December 2008, 13:39
standard ones on car at mo. would like to look at upgrading?

1999 S40 T4 where and how will I find out what type my injectors are?

Slo

Alan M
Wednesday 17th December 2008, 13:43
On the side of the injector there will be a number. If a bosch part it will start with 0 280 *** *** usually on Volvo's. They usually have the Volvo part number on the other side of the injector too.

Enigma666
Wednesday 17th December 2008, 14:22
I've got a full set of greys in the Garage Slo :)
mail me to discuss if you like mate. Why are you changing them?

Al115
Wednesday 17th December 2008, 16:48
Also got a set off a 2001 car if they are the ones you want (look pink not grey??)

Slomo
Wednesday 17th December 2008, 18:01
my car is coughing and splutterring a lot at the moment and I think it is the injectors. Plus my car has done 167k+ miles on the originals so I think it is about time to change :)

Slo

Al115
Wednesday 17th December 2008, 19:18
You've tried cleaning them already?

Enigma666
Wednesday 17th December 2008, 19:59
Slo, check your fuel rail and you will see the tops of the injectors to find out what colour (and flow rate) you have. I would 'guess' at greys but it could be reds (there isn't a lot of difference in the flow over all frankly)

Alan M
Thursday 18th December 2008, 08:59
Jimathan cleaning service is excellent. I have used the service a couple of times for a very good price.

jimka
Thursday 18th December 2008, 18:46
probably your fuel pump mate / fuel filter

pjay
Thursday 18th December 2008, 20:10
hi there, you really could do with contacting jimathan, he does a great job on injector cleaning, and i have had 2 sets done by him with a big difference both in power and economy, and you will not get anything done as cheap as he does it, i would recommend him 100%, he will help you technically any way he can first rate guy.....

Slomo
Saturday 20th December 2008, 12:35
ok will check what colour they are this weekend :)

Not sure if cleaning injectors that have done nearly 168k is viable or not?

The issue Ihave is the car is studderey and jerkey in low gears when pulling away, if I lift off the accelerator and then re push down it is ok? Plus car is running very rich, far more than normal.
Also at a cruising constant speed you can intermittently feel the car hesitency as well. Very odd.
Have changed spark plugs, coil pack, idle control valve, air flow meter already.

Slo

Alan M
Saturday 20th December 2008, 17:19
What does your temp gauge show during normal use and how long does it take to rise to the correct position? You may have a cold start running issue- your thermostat may be knackered and need changing. If its sticking it wll cause problems yare describing.

The injector cleaning service is brilliant on high mileage injectors and Jim usually sends you some efore and after pics of how they are running and the difference is amazing after the work. Its definately worth it.