PDA

View Full Version : RICA Question

Cali-T5
Sunday 14th December 2008, 17:20
Ok i'm not doing this to get slated or cause arguments with anyone, it's purely a question to settle my curiosity

A standard T5 produces 222-225bhp, a RICA 304 will push that up to rought 250-260 depending on the car in question. Again the same for the T5-R as the 240bhp is an overboost.

So is there any benefit of putting this chip on an 850R as they have 250bhp standard?

I dont expect the 304bhp figure to apply in any way shape or form, as thats for a brand new car in lab conditions with everything perfect.

Thanks guys

colnotts
Sunday 14th December 2008, 19:27
hi cali. all i can say is the standard car is very smooth and non aggresive yes they are still a quick car but just a smooth cruiser. when mapped they become an animal and do feel like a different car. they just pull so much better and feel so much better and you just cant stop grinning all the time.
the old 850`s now are not new so the bhp wont be what it was when new so just look at it as a bit of botox for your old tired car.
cant be bad for £150 quid the grin factor is well worth it.

Tomcat
Sunday 14th December 2008, 19:28
No, you will get the same overall results , the 250 is just as result of a different map.

dooby
Sunday 14th December 2008, 19:35
Hiya,

I dyno'd my 850R (auto) on the stock map and a RICA304. Even though the 850R auto is quoted at 240BHP the map made quite a difference.

I recorded an increase of 23HP and 29lbft at the wheels.

I thought people with only a RICA 304 had seen a *little* more than 260BHP at a group dyno session - maybe up as far as 275BHP but I can't remember for sure. Maybe one of the other owners with a manual 850 at one of these group dyno days can remind me either way.

So I know mine's an auto but we were able to measure a useful improvement in peak HP and torque area with only a map despite it already being the more powerful R.

EDIT Sure I've posted it before but if you want the graphs and back story it's here...

http://www.swedishcarforumsandmaintenance.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=72

HTH, Pete

S70T5Chris
Sunday 14th December 2008, 19:44
My advice would be, don't get hung up on the figures. What you need to take into account more than anything is how the car actaully goes! The Rica remap is very aggressive and does feel very quick which is a nice feeling when driving if thats what your after.

Obviously the power and torque will increase with a remap, but it's how it alters the way the car goes moves that all you really need to know! My advice would be get a run in someone else's car with a remap make your mind up from that. Not what peak figures it got on a dyno.

colnotts
Sunday 14th December 2008, 19:50
well said chris. thats what i was trying to say..

Cali-T5
Sunday 14th December 2008, 19:51
My Car has a 304 map on it, i was just curious about increase in performance as everyone quotes it pushing power to about 250bhp, so it seemed pointless putting one on an 850 as they alreadu have 250. but for the £150 hamish is selling these for you can't go wrong

Jod T5
Sunday 14th December 2008, 23:14
Hi
Im not sure what Map HLM is offering for the 850R, but if it *anything* like the origional RICA Map, it will be a improvement on the stock..
The 850R RICA is supposed IIRC supposed to add IRO 60 BHP to the stock set up...
This will i expect add around realistically 40 brake to your car and, i would expect you to see around 265bhp as opposed to the 215/20 BHP you would currently get on a rolling road...
Not-withstanding any personal feelings i may have for Mappers, Per Se, the origional Rica Map is a good thing and you will feel a improvement over stock...
One always have to bear in mind the condition of the vehicle being Mapped, stuff like actuator ability and hose relaibility are paramount, tho even in optimum conditions you are never going to get anywhere near the claims based on a car 10 years prior....., as you know..
Cheers
jod