PDA

View Full Version : Removing a seatbelt help needed please

wayne509
Sunday 14th December 2008, 13:05
Hi all
As my phone isn't exactly redhot with offers for my t5 i thought i better try to MOT it. Drivers side seatbelt is jammed fully out and wont retract. Is there a Safe way to remove the seatbelt without the AIRBAG light coming on?

I have heard there is a small plastic tab on some Vauxhalls that you must push to make the contact instead. Anything like this on the Volvos?

Wombatbomb
Sunday 14th December 2008, 13:07
Hi all
As my phone isn't exactly redhot with offers for my t5 i thought i better try to MOT it. Drivers side seatbelt is jammed fully out and wont retract. Is there a Safe way to remove the seatbelt without the AIRBAG light coming on?

I have heard there is a small plastic tab on some Vauxhalls that you must push to make the contact instead. Anything like this on the Volvos?

Yes, disconnect the battery for 2 hours beforehand, that should ensure all residual current is gone from the system. And make sure everything is properly connected up BEFORE you reconnect the battery afterwards.

wayne509
Sunday 14th December 2008, 13:12
Thanks for that mate. Battery needs a good charge anyway so could do with coming out