PDA

View Full Version : Anoying vibretion

stainesy
Saturday 13th December 2008, 19:53
have noticed that since fitting the poly top engine mount the extra vibration through the body has loosend something up in my dash. when ever i eccelerate now i get a loud high pitch buzz from the speedo area. anybody got any ideas what it can tbe

Alan M
Saturday 13th December 2008, 20:34
Something in the dash??

Tomcat
Saturday 13th December 2008, 20:35
Have you checked the bulkhead mount?, maybe the extra vibration has caused it to come loose.

850twr
Thursday 18th December 2008, 11:28
you have any luck stainesy???
squeak behind my dash is to the point that i want to change the car!! have checked everything bar the main dash mounts, where is the one on the right hand side located??? and why does such a well built car have such poor interior build quality! annoying.

LesRED850R
Thursday 18th December 2008, 11:45
HEY! 850 dash are notorious for noise and breaking mounts so as the interior is now very old....it rattles, Also could be all the staino sheet bits you put in the engine bay thats rattlin' ????

AussieS70T5
Friday 19th December 2008, 21:36
Exactly Les :) If stainesys' is a '95 like it looks, 13 years til a dash rattle ain't too bad! :P

If you noticed it after fitting the poly engine mount, why not just swap out for an oem one that won't be as harsh and see if that fixes it? It could literally be from the added vibration from the poly mount causing problems.

I would check your other engine mounts and also your trans mount for wear if yours is an auto.

850twr
Saturday 20th December 2008, 01:00
why would he want to de-tune his car?

AussieS70T5
Saturday 20th December 2008, 08:50
lol Why would he want to continue to put up with annoying vibration and noise if it is caused by a hard aftermarket engine mount? I simply gave that as a possibility, and was trying to help out.

why would he want to de-tune his car?

Unless you are referring to the looks part of tuning, a new poly mount will not make our cars faster when compared to one with a new oem mount :)

Simple fact is the poly engine mounts are fine if you don't mind added vibration and they will last longer than oem, but if vibration is the problem then this is a simple one to fix if the other mounts aren't damaged and are the cause.

I personally have the poly on both my cars (I did it because they last longer) and haven't had issues, but if I were having problems I'd go back to oem because they are designed for the car.

Jimmie
Saturday 20th December 2008, 11:21
Have you removed the dashboard top as there is a good chance that the plastic behind is shattered and causing noises.

850twr
Saturday 20th December 2008, 14:36
all i meant was its worth finding the cause of the noise, rather than giving up and puting an inferior product on.

stainesy
Sunday 21st December 2008, 11:44
its not realy a vibration sound as such its more like a buzz when first eccelerating. had a similar sound on an old car of mine and it was the speedo cable