PDA

View Full Version : I now have ABS!!!

MattB
Saturday 7th May 2005, 17:51
After becoming suspicious that I had never seen the ABS light (on start-up or at any other time), I removed the dashboard to find the bulb missing.:eek:

As I suspected, when replaced, the light remained constantly lit.:shifty:
Needless to say - no ABS either!:yikes:

I posting a thread asking for suggestions and very soon Dave 850R was in touch offering to repair the unit for a small fee. This was great news (bearing in mind that the main stealers want big ££££'s to exchange the ECU unit). He immediately pm'd me detailed instructions that were easy to follow.

I removed the ECU and posted it to him - within days he had repaired and returned the ECU - result is I have saved £££'s and also have ABS - WOW!!:worship:

So, BIG THANKS to Dave a great help and a true Gent!
I would absolubtely recommend his repair service to anyone who has ECU problems - I am 'well chuffed' that I have my ABS back!!!:worship:

.....Thanks Dave!!!:B_thumb:

...except now I have another problem - the missus reckons I should take her out for a meal with the money I have saved! :bullwhip:

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 7th May 2005, 22:51
Thanks greatly for putting your trust in me. I am glad you liked the repair and I preserved my 100% record.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 7th May 2005, 22:54
BTW I am not saddled with the responsibility of treating the missus to the money saved!! (unlike that arse in the direct line insurance vid). I could of saved him some money by not buying a new shape VW bug in the first place!! LOL

After_Shock
Saturday 7th May 2005, 22:54
The master strikes again!

glock19
Sunday 8th May 2005, 13:58
Dave - a quick one, why do I see some with 6 solenoids, 7, 8, 10 ?
I know the 6 is for the 850/850T5
7 is for those with 850TRACS but what about the rest ?

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 8th May 2005, 23:02
I have seen a couple with extra from the AWDs.