PDA

View Full Version : Parrot CK3100 install in '03 V40

zooberoo
Thursday 11th December 2008, 20:46
I'm having a bit of a nightmare installing a Parrot CK3100 in my 53 plate V40 and hope someone here may be able to help.

The Parrot kit works but the muting is causing me a few problems.

I have tried an Autoleads SOT-073 which initially wouldn’t mute the radio. I have since connected the mute cable and although it will now mute and the radio works normally, the sound from the parrot is very quiet (you can barely hear it). However, it was just a quiet before I connected the mute cable.

So, as I appear to have a subwoofer in the boot (right-hand side) I thought perhaps the SOT-073 was the wrong cable for the job so I splashed out £70 on a Kram "68397 Volvo S40/V40 2001-2003 with Subwoofer" telemute lead. This almost works but it won’t mute the rear speakers. So, I thought I’d give the old mute cable trick a try only to find that it mutes everything - including the Parrot.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA

richiemat
Thursday 11th December 2008, 21:36
hi, can't help with your specific query but I had mine installed and the installers didn't get it right the first time. there is another discussion on here about parrot kits and leads. search for threads posted by mhon72 I think I remember he knew his stuff about these

hope that helps

jer,c70
Friday 12th December 2008, 02:28
try turning the knob on the front while on a call to turn the volume up

zooberoo
Friday 12th December 2008, 15:01
richiemat: I have had a look at mhon72's posts but couldn't see anything covering volume problems (I've given up with the Kram kit).

jer,c70: Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't make any difference.

Enigma666
Friday 12th December 2008, 15:49
Ok is the parrot being installed against the OEM Head unit? Prob the 801 is it?
It may be that the wiring for the harness you have gotten is not correct compared to the harness on the 40.
I have a diagram somewhere (I think it's in my Haynes) for the radio wiring. See if you can get a link to the harness you have bought and I will see what I can do to help. :)

Enigma666
Friday 12th December 2008, 15:54
Volvo SOT-073 - 2000 - 2002

Autoleads SOT-073 Lead for Volvo

* All without Dolby systems

* Volvo 850 (Oct 1993 to Dec 1996)
* Volvo 940 (Sep 1994 to Jan 1997)
* Volvo 960 (Jan 1993 to Dec 1996)
* Volvo C70 (Jun 1997 to Jun 2000)
* Volvo S40 (May 1996 to Jun 2000)
* Volvo S70 (Nov 1996 to Jun 2000)
* Volvo S80 (Nov 1998 to Aug 2000)
* Volvo S90 (Jan 1997 to Jun 2000)
* Volvo V40 (May 1996 to Jan 2002)
* Volvo V70 (Nov 1996 to Jun 2000)
* Volvo V90 (Jan 1997 to Jun 2000)

Do you have a Dolby setup at all?
If you do then that will be why this lead doesn't work and may also be why you are getting very quiet output as it may not be being processed by the speakers properly.

Enigma666
Friday 12th December 2008, 16:30
Clicky Here (http://www.parrot.com/usa/support/installationdiagrams/parrotck3100/?idcables=1&idmanufacturer=43&etape=2)

According to that page you can't use the standard wiring for the V40 with a sub (which would imply you had an amp somewhere driving the sub of course).
Somewhere there will be a cable that sorts that issue out I am sure of it. The hunt continues :)

zooberoo
Friday 12th December 2008, 18:11
Thanks for your help Enigma666.

This is what I have tried:

Kram Drive & Talk Hi-Fi Soft mute (68397) (http://www.kram.dk/TradePoint/Item_View?itemNo=68397)
This worked initially but wouldn't mute the rear speakers. I connected the mute cable on the advice of the supplier which mutes everything - including the Parrot. Now, I get no sound from the Parrot with or without the mute cable connected.

Autoleads SOT-073 (http://www.fitbluetooth.co.uk/files/details.php?id=107)
This wouldn't mute the radio which is why I went for the Kram kit above. Initially the sound was very quiet too. I have since connected the mute cable and it mutes all the speakers correctly. However, the sound is still very quiet.

This is what I have:

Head unit is HU-655. To the rear are two large plastic connectors (one green, one grey), one small grey plastic connector and two DIN connectors.

How can I tell if the car has Dolby? Sorry but I've only had the car for a couple of weeks and don't know very much about it!

Enigma666
Saturday 13th December 2008, 17:02
The problem is that the sub in the boot exists :( this would mean you have an amp even if it isn't full Dolby. There will be a kit out there, perhaps ring one of the pro fitters and see what they suggest at this time.

richiemat
Saturday 13th December 2008, 17:49
zooberoo it looks like the other guys are hot on the case but just for your info this was the link mentioned in the thread i was thinking of:

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_kit_installation_leads/volvo.htm

hope you get it sorted :)

jer,c70
Thursday 18th December 2008, 00:34
the boot for your stereo is on the left handside of your boot behind the side panel this is where the soc lead has to be pluged in. this what powers all of your speakers. if you plug it in behind the head unit it will only mute the front speakers as you have found.
if you want it fitted by a pro. try sales@mobliecarkitsolutions.co.uk and speak to lee, he can tell you the exact soc lead you need or let you no where you are going wrong plus he can suply or fit anything you need..
good luck.......

jer,c70
Thursday 18th December 2008, 00:34
sorry i mean your amp is on the right hand side of your boot....
sorry

srge
Monday 16th March 2009, 12:51
Hi zooberoo,

Did you manage to get it working in the end? I've just bought a MK6000 only to find that I have exactly the same problem as you.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Srge

mundo
Tuesday 8th December 2009, 16:05
I have the same problem in my 2003 V40. Don't think I have a sub woofer though. Has anyone managed to get this resolved?

volvokid
Tuesday 8th December 2009, 16:14
I have the same problem in my 2003 V40. Don't think I have a sub woofer though. Has anyone managed to get this resolved?

I have had no problems with my parrot 3200 in my 2003 V40 works perfect, better than the fault prone mki9100 that I have used in 2 of our vehicles.

The sub he is talking about is in your boot on the right, I wouldnt class it as a sub but it maybe is.

mundo
Tuesday 8th December 2009, 16:46
Thanks, good to know that it's possible to all work fine. Just another question, wherabouts is the external amp usually located?

silverback02
Thursday 29th July 2010, 20:11
I have just read this thread because I have the same prob with my 2004 C70, with a SC901 headunit, an Amp in the boot and a factory fitted RTI unit in the dash,

WHAT was the final outcome ??? WHAT LEADS were used to overcome the problem ???

Because, I'm either going blind or can't see whats in front of me.

I'm trying to fit an IO TALK1 hands free bluetooth kit to my motor. and just having no luck whatsoever getting the correct leads.

I can get plenty of ISOs to fit aftermarket units, but no telemute / sots ect

any assistance will go a long long way.
cheers guys,
Joe.

mundo
Monday 9th August 2010, 21:45
The final outcome of this was that the parrot was only coming out of the front 2 small speakers on the dash. These speakers were powered by the stereo without the use of the amp but were not very powerful so you couldn't hear the conversation with any road noise.

I got a parrot approved technician from their website and he had to fit a relay switch unit that powered the amp on and off. This then got all the speakers working and also the stereo mute.

The techician cost be £100 on top of the SOTT leads that I had already bought. This included the purchase of the other relay lead. I had a lot of email correspondence beforehand to explain the issue in detail so that the technician knew what he was getting himself in for and so that he could order the correct part. Make sure that you agree a price up front with NO extras which is what I did then there were no issues. I agreed with the technician that if he wasn't able to fix it then he would not charge me anything otherwise I could have been charged a callout fee or something and still not had the thing working.

Well worth all the pain in getting this fixed though. I managed without it for about 2 years and it annoyed me everyday!

silverback02
Tuesday 10th August 2010, 01:05
MUNDO.

Brilliant you got it sorted, but I kneed to know:

WHAT LEADS DID YOU USE ????

I don't kneed to know who sorted it out and how much, or how long it took!!

But What I do need to know is Which relay? What leads?, Part numbers, Names, things that can help me...ect

HELP !!!!!!!

I'm going crazy here, (NOT YOUR FAULT),

I have asked for this information on a few sites, and unfortunately keep on getting these kind of answers "Yeh I had that and got a guy in to sort it, it cost me a ton, make sure u ask for a price up front, ect ect!!!"

IE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundo View Post

I have had no problems with my parrot 3200 in my 2003 V40 works perfect, better than the fault prone mki9100 that I have used in 2 of our vehicles.

The sub he is talking about is in your boot on the right, I wouldnt class it as a sub but it maybe is.

Thanks
Martyn

No use what so ever

Sorry for going on, (others will know where I'm comming from....lol)

Joe.

silverback02
Friday 20th August 2010, 13:13
Hi All,

Iv'e cracked it,

I fitted a SOT-084 (For SC90* headunits) (for HU Headunits use SOT-043)
and a 06-920b lead for the Amp,
and with a little adaptation it fits, mutes, and works fine.
See how, Here.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31169

Joe.

any probs PM me and I'll run through it.