PDA

View Full Version : bleeding my radiator on a s70 t5

liam1234
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 08:50
hi all my heaters have been a bit crap latly in my s70 t5 so i had a look at the thermostat and it was jamed open so i bought a new 1 and put it in but i carnt seem to get the air out ov the system and the top radiator hose seems to be empty can any one give me some advice please

jonno12
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 10:05
there is a bleed valve at the bottom right hand corner that you can undo and bleed it from there mate its above the splash pan on the front ull need to jack it up to get it off tho

liam1234
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 10:14
ok thanks mate will try that

jonno12
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 10:22
the only other way is to leave it running with the cap off the tank that works but does take a while and ya need to keep ya eye on the water level

siamblue
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 11:15
As above you need to degas the system,

Gary

liam1234
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 11:30
i tryd that last night leting it run .it was runing for ages a hour to be exact and still no water in the top hose .i will try and bleed it via the radiator tonight .

dooby
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 11:34
Hiya,

I guess maybe I've been lucky each time I've dropped and replaced my coolant but I normally go for a gentle drive with the heater full on. I take a litre or two of coolant and water, and stop every mile or so and check the level, filling up as it drops. Then I park it up overnight and check the level when cold in the morning. I haven't suffered any long-term airlock as far as I know.

HTH, Pete