PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in reverse I/C?

siamblue
Monday 8th December 2008, 22:48
I am looking at getting a reverse I/C made up, with a Silicone 45 degree hose in Black/Red/Blue from the turbo into a 45 degree polished st/st 304 pipe, then into a polished welded st/st 304 straight pipe, then finally onto the I/C with another silicone hose, it will be including 3 if you want to keep the upper turbo hose clip or 4 st/st clips to hold the silicone hoses on,

reckon it will cost £50 for the whole lot inc TIG welding that i will have to get done elsewhere,

I initially thought i would just get one made up for myself, but that would leave a load of st/st pipe left over, so thought maybe make 2 up, but if there is enough interest then i don't mind getting others made up,

This is for the S/V/C 70 series with a 16t, unless you can give me the dimensions of the top turbo outlet, that's all i know it will fit, as i am using my car as a template,

regards Gary

Yosser
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 08:37
I made my own reverse setup ( so I don't need another :)) and it cost me way more than that in parts, so it sounds like a good buy to me.

Post pics whenyou have them.

And what are you doing for the i/c to the throttle body? - I haven't perfected that bit of mine yet..

Alan M
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 10:27
What size are you doing it in Gary?

siamblue
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 11:11
HI Alan, I wanted to do it in 3" but the turbo end is so small i am not sure it would work, plus the I/C end is smaller than 3" as well, so the air would in a way speed up then have to slow down again for the I/C,
So in theory it would be 55 into 76 back down to 63, Only other way to do it is to keep it 63 as far as the turbo end, that way it would only need one reducer,
If it was just for looks i wouldn't bother, but the airflow is better being straight across than to go around the block,

HTH Gary

dooby
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 11:14
Hiya,

I happened to check the compressor outlet of a 15G and 19T this weekend - both 50mm according to my measurement.

If it's the same as the 16T (I would assume so) people with those turbos should also be OK.

I don't believe the intercooler top inlet changed between the 850 cars and the P1 S/V70s - but I don't have a measurement handy for that.

Cheers, Pete

p fandango
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 12:56
Gary you have email

siamblue
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 15:30
Cheers Pedro i will contact you later as i have to go out now,

regards Gary

BruceT
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 15:51
Id be interested...pending pics fitted etc

Alan M
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 15:51
I'm making my own from Aluminium tube and using the existing Samco boost hoses as I can get them to fit with a little alteration in places.

Tomcat
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 15:59
I'd be interested.

Niles
Tuesday 9th December 2008, 16:16
I'm interested too if it'll fit an 850. go for 2.5 inch pipe Gary. 3 inch I think would cause boost lag.

T5-TEZ
Wednesday 10th December 2008, 09:14
The silicone hose for the top of the inter cooler needs to be 60mm internal diameter that's on the 850.

dangerstevie
Wednesday 10th December 2008, 22:36
i would be interested if you can provide some pictures of what you have planned for the throttle body end where the IAC valve fits in. Also, what about a nice big bore blow off valve takeoff??

My T5
Saturday 20th December 2008, 20:16
Hi Gary, Very interested mate!!