PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure Switch and Sump Plug thread sizes on a V70

pangster
Thursday 4th December 2008, 21:01
Having just fitted an Oil Pressure and Oil Temperature Gauge I have the following info for anyone thinking of fitting the same:-

Oil Pressure Switch Thread is M14 x 1.5mm

Sump Drain Plug is M18 x 1.5mm

I ended up getting the Gen from Russ at RT as he had an engine he could take the sizes off - cheers Russ

Thanks Fletch (and Russ!!) as I've yet to hook up my oil pressure and oil temp gauges!.. this is definately worthy of a sticky!

pangster
Thursday 4th December 2008, 21:08
No probs Pangster. As i wired mine in last night I can deffo confirm they fit LOL. My senders have 1/8" NPTF threads and I got adaptors (£2.55) to fit to the car.

Did you use PTFE tape on the threads to seal them? - I saw a thread somewhere before - I think VS?? - where the lad had hooked them up to the front of the engine block (stock position) but had made adaptors for all three - the stock switch, oil pressure and oil temp and it seemed to fit quite nicely under the intake manifold.. (although I bet its a pisser if he springs a leak! lol!!) - I thought of doing something similar or getting the relocation braided hose and mounting it somewhere else.. not too sure about the OPOT plates.. not looking to do it for another six months anyway! as I've just had a service/oil change! lol!.. the information is always handy though! :)

pangster
Thursday 4th December 2008, 21:17
Don`t use PTFE tape as it MAY stop the senders getting a good earth off the engine. I just used some gasket cement (Blue stuff) and no leaks and gauges read OK so sorted !!!!!

My Oil Pressure sender has two connections - one for gauge and one for light so don`t need splitter. Also best place for Oil Temp is in sump as then you get the temp of the Oil being supplied.

thanks for that Fletch! - should make my install easier! :)